**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Tier 1 Alpha Shortage

I'm a cavalier player (I beat Grandmaster but don't have the right resources or right champ to r3 a 6*) and I find that whenever I want to rank up a 5* champ, I have everything except tier 1 alpha. I feel that at this point of the game, I should be more worried about getting enough tier 5 basic or tier 2 alpha, but I'm not. I find using all my glory on tier 1 alphas in the glory store instead of getting the higher catalysts which is irritating. I would add lots of tier 1 alpha to uncollected and cavalier level monthly quests because they are very much still needed to uncollected and cavalier level players. I just thought I should voice my concern and ask if anyone else is having the same problems.

Comments

• RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

I’ve had to resort to the 2,000 shard solo crystals because they have a chance at t1a

I opened all i had for those and not a single drop of t1a 😡
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Currently sitting with 15 T4B and 9 T1A in overflow.... and no one that I really want to rank up right now.
  • UnitmanUnitman Posts: 235 ★★
    I mean, they buffed the eq with t1a at lower levels. t1a is in a few of the milestones for various things this month.

It takes a lot of t1a but it's easier to get this month and last month than any month in 2020.
  • swmcswswmcsw Posts: 249 ★★
    I'm always short on t1a. Its not that there isn't a lot of them, they do come from a lot of rewards but there just isn't enough for the amount of crystals we are pulling now. More 5* shards more champs that need ranking lol.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Drew_D23 said:

I'm a cavalier player (I beat Grandmaster but don't have the right resources or right champ to r3 a 6*) and I find that whenever I want to rank up a 5* champ, I have everything except tier 1 alpha. I feel that at this point of the game, I should be more worried about getting enough tier 5 basic or tier 2 alpha, but I'm not. I find using all my glory on tier 1 alphas in the glory store instead of getting the higher catalysts which is irritating. I would add lots of tier 1 alpha to uncollected and cavalier level monthly quests because they are very much still needed to uncollected and cavalier level players. I just thought I should voice my concern and ask if anyone else is having the same problems.

I have this problem a year before whereas I have ~150 5* . Now all my 5* are at least r2 and above. The T1A problem gradually fade out when I slow down rank up of 5* and focus on 6*. This is a stage many pre/post TB players would come across because it is easier to get 5* nowadays. Temptation to rank up as many god tier as possible means your demand for T1A is higher than before, and become your bottleneck.

When you pass through this stage, you wound start to see iso-shortage. T2A and T5b access rate are similar and thus less ppl aware of them being in shortage.
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,038 ★★★★
    As a freshman in the near-endgame, I feel the scarcity of T1A. Until then, I had problem with the higher class catalysts.
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    You could remove t1a from the game and the balance would be about the same. It's not like somebody r3ing every 5* champ for fun is gonna be game breaking at this point.
  • arbrowearbrowe Posts: 13
    yeah i have all the resources to rank up the 5 champs i have waiting but short t1a was good for 5 min now stuck again 16 t1a to get to r4 is overkill considering it takes weeks to build that up if you do get someone good i never have the resources to rank them
  • Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★
    I don’t really see that there’s a shortage. Mostly it’s because people want to rank up every single 5* they pull to rank 2 (or 3 or 4), even if the champs are decent or garbage. If you target the rank ups to champs that you’re gonna take to rank 4 or max, people would probably have less of a shortage issue 🤷‍♂️

• Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 848 ★★★★

@Shamir51 said:

I don’t really see that there’s a shortage. Mostly it’s because people want to rank up every single 5* they pull to rank 2 (or 3 or 4), even if the champs are decent or garbage. If you target the rank ups to champs that you’re gonna take to rank 4 or max, people would probably have less of a shortage issue 🤷‍♂️

I think Summoners want to rank straight up a good champ from pulling it to max.

I want to rank every single 5-Star I get to rank 2 because it helps me a lot in the arenas. I can reach the T1A and T4B arenas easily and other arenas for units farming.

I guess that’s where you and I differ then- I can’t justify using T1A on say Karnak, Captain America WW2, Iron Patriot, Moon Knight, OG Spider Man, BPCW, Groot, Thor Jane Foster, Thor ragnarok, both Cyclops, Superior Iron Man, Howard Duck, Rocket Raccoon, Red Skull, Sentry, Agent Venom, Ant Man or Dr Strange.

That’s about half my 5* at rank 1 and to rank 2 them, it would cost me 95 T1A!

Plus the points difference in arena isn’t that huge really.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,658 ★★★★★
    Shamir51 said:

@Shamir51 said:

I think Summoners want to rank straight up a good champ from pulling it to max.

I want to rank every single 5-Star I get to rank 2 because it helps me a lot in the arenas. I can reach the T1A and T4B arenas easily and other arenas for units farming.

I guess that’s where you and I differ then- I can’t justify using T1A on say Karnak, Captain America WW2, Iron Patriot, Moon Knight, OG Spider Man, BPCW, Groot, Thor Jane Foster, Thor ragnarok, both Cyclops, Superior Iron Man, Howard Duck, Rocket Raccoon, Red Skull, Sentry, Agent Venom, Ant Man or Dr Strange.

That’s about half my 5* at rank 1 and to rank 2 them, it would cost me 95 T1A!

Plus the points difference in arena isn’t that huge really.
    It is both points and streak continuation.
    Once past death matches, 3 rank 2 5-Star generates about 60k points for me, and I can't risk a rank 1 5-Star.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

How are people running out of T1A so fast? They're in EQ/SQ, Glory Store, Arena, etc...

do you even know how many t1a required just to rank a 5 star from 1 to 5 ? the amount that you can't even hold in your inventory.

It is just ridiculous the amount of t1a required. They need to either reduced the number of t1a required for rankup or make them easily available.

T1a is the only catalyst this required from rank 1 to 5 which doesn't make sense.
    Yes. I'm aware. I'm also aware that it's not prudent or necessary to take one to R5 in one sitting.
  • 007md92007md92 Posts: 1,381 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    This is a major one.
    I say add T1 alpha in loyalty crystal.

Frankly at current state loyalty crystal and loyalty store is outdated and rarely used.

People get enough boosters from
    Solo crystals and daily objectives.

So t1 alpha is a real pain.
    Like what do u buy with glory?
    T1 alpha or t2 alpha..
    It doesn't go hand in hand. So rank ups takes a lot of time.
    Iso get's expired. While no confirmation if we can land t4 class catalyst wrt that expiring iso.

*Add t1 alpha in loyalty crystal.
    *Increase the drop rates of t1 alpha in greater solo crystals
    *Make all t4 class crystals nexus

It would be very very user friendly.

Don't forget it takes minimum 5 t1 alpha just to take a 5 star from rank 1 to 2, 2 to 3 even 3 to 4 requires 5 or 6 I think.
    Then 6 from rank 4 to 5.
    It's a lot. If you think about it.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Guessing you’ve got a fair number of 5/65s if you’ve beaten 6.4. Don’t rank champs unless they’re eventually going to rank 5. There’s minimal upside to doing someone to rank 3. You get some arena points at a cost of 10 alphas. Make sure you’ve got a first clear on all the variants too. Lots of rankup gems to be had.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    The real issue is t2a... major problems there.

T1a is not issue once u forget about 5* and just rank 6*
  • darkhumourdarkhumour Posts: 29
    who say there is not a t1 or t2 alpha problem they probably ranking just a few champion or still using 4 stars

only ranking a 5 star rank 1-rank 3 consuming 10 t1 alpha
  • silentagsilentag Posts: 428 ★★★
    I usually save up a good batch of objective crystals and I usually have a decent haul of t1a from those
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited February 2021
    When you’re predominantly ranking 5*s a t1a shortage can happen if you’ve got a lot of champs you’re interested in taking up. It will eventually balance out when you go through a spell of pulling bad champs and have time to stock up the resources to work through those rankups. I’ve been there before, though currently I always have loads of t1a expiring as I’m only ranking up 6*s. Wish I could donate the t1a! 😂
  • Drew_D23Drew_D23 Posts: 102
    TyEdge said:

Guessing you’ve got a fair number of 5/65s if you’ve beaten 6.4. Don’t rank champs unless they’re eventually going to rank 5. There’s minimal upside to doing someone to rank 3. You get some arena points at a cost of 10 alphas. Make sure you’ve got a first clear on all the variants too. Lots of rankup gems to be had.

I don't play much arena so I only rank up champs that I plan on bringing to r5 eventually, but I see your point