**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Death Matches in 4* Featured Arena

TheKillerSporkTheKillerSpork Posts: 39
edited February 2021 in General Discussion
Is anyone else suddenly hitting death matches in the 4* featured arena? See screenshots below. This is at win streak 31, with a full team of 5* rk 2. I have literally been doing this same exact arena for several months and I was not put up against any death matches. I've always been able to use my 5* rk 2 champions in this arena after about win streak 21 without issue.

It's worth mentioning that I have ranked up all of my 5* to at least rank 2--at great personal expense--specifically because ranking them up made them viable in this arena. I now cannot use my 5* rank 2 champions in this arena (or any others for that matter, since the others are even harder). What am I supposed to do with all these champions now?

Comments

• Options
    username7312username7312 Posts: 67
    I don't know why Kabam doesn't put more effort into improving the quality of life for the players. It's not that hard. There's hard content out there in the story quest, EQ, Special, and side quests, leave the arenas as a fun distraction of no stress gameplay.
  • Options
    mort_07mort_07 Posts: 475
    that is normal.
    more players with rank 5 and the beginner pi increases.
    after 20 fights it is better with rank 3 and not rank 2.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    And people complained with the new arena update taking more time to finish a fight, but the new update took away death matches. Kabam was then forced to put back the old arena system and hence why the death matches is still there.

Anyway! Of course it’s death match because you are using r2 5*. I usually mix it to avoid death matches and I do this 2x 4* r5 and highest ranked 5* you got. Mix them till you no longer have any 5* champions to use. More time to chip away the remaining 5* champions yeah yeah yeah, but at least it has avoided me death matches.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★

Daddrieda said:

And people complained with the new arena update taking more time to finish a fight, but the new update took away death matches. Kabam was then forced to put back the old arena system and hence why the death matches is still there.

I'm not really sure how replacing one problem (deathmatches) with another (doubled arena grinding time) was a good solution. I personally don't have that much free time, so I don't want arenas to take longer than they already do. Also, if I recall correctly, the new algorithm was still giving people extremely difficult matchups. Hopefully any future solution maintains the current time commitment while also resolving the issue with deathmatches.
    Daddrieda said:

Anyway! Of course it’s death match because you are using r2 5*. I usually mix it to avoid death matches and I do this 2x 4* r5 and highest ranked 5* you got. Mix them till you no longer have any 5* champions to use. More time to chip away the remaining 5* champions yeah yeah yeah, but at least it has avoided me death matches.

"Of course" implies that this change was somehow obvious to players. Given the fact that I've been using this same strategy without issue in this same arena for months--if not years--there's nothing obvious about an overnight unannounced change to the matchmaking.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion about mixing champion ranks. I will give that a try...
    Oh no I’m not saying that. What I’m saying that the new arena system was the solution. Kabam’s mistake was that they didn’t think to give it some extra thought if there was other option to keep the new system and there was as I saw a few comment, can’t remember which thread, that suggested to keep the new arena system intact but change the PI cap... I think kabam capped it to 4x of your team’s total PI? And change t to 2x cap and that’s it.