**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Chat randomly censoring posts

The in-game chat is randomly censoring posts for some reason. There is no profanity in these posts (which shouldn't be an issue in alliance chat anyway). This has been happening randomly since 13.0 and is extremely frustrating.

Comments

• MarvelKeekMarvelKeek Posts: 31
    edited June 2017
    We're having an issue where we can't even type our alliance Leader's name, which has no profanity, without getting censored. That's awfully convenient lemme tell ya
  • jerstolpjerstolp Posts: 73
    yup. i used 2 be totally against line.. now couldn't imagine not having it..
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    The censoring system for this game is weird, but I have also seen this in other games.

Like for instance, let's say typing "ass" is censored, then saying even the most innocent things like "bass" or even "as such" is enough to get the whole thing censored, just because the letters can join together and form the word "ass".

That's basically Mcoc chat too, but it works a bit differently. They both have one thing in common, the censorship is way too strict.
  • WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 135
    So... today this nonsense has gotten worse. Half the things we post in the alliance chat get censored (again, without any cursing). IRONICALLY, messages with curse words do not get censored.

Need a response from Kabam on this asap since we can't communicate in the alliance.
    Would REALLY love to hear from a mod about this issue...
  • GryphonGryphon Posts: 28
    I'm also having issues, but it extends to DM as well. About one in five messages are going through, the rest simply vanish.
    This nonsense is still happening... is anyone actually looking into this @Kabam Miike , @Kabam Wolf ?
  • KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 191
    ‘Icemen’ is censored
    I got 2 icemen from my five star crystals
    I got 2 ****** from my five star crystals
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    WeaponX wrote: »
    Would REALLY love to hear from a mod about this issue...

Mods will probably say some bs about moving this thread somewhere else. They don't actually ever do anything useful.
  • FreakydFreakyd Posts: 201
    I can't say "but" in chat haha n we have to double space some names.
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    It's because of this, here.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/26765#Comment_26765

They were supposed to go back over it sometime after that but they haven't really bothered to care about going back over their censor and re training it not to censor words that it shouldn't censor.

It might be awhile be they re address it, this was back in June when this thread was originally made and it's still a problem to this day and like beyond that
    Yeah, it's totally ridiculous. Actual swear words are not censored while "but", "you" and other common words are...

Why even have the chat there if they're going to make it useless?
    Since the last update there is an insane delay in alliance chat. Messages show up ti an hour later. WTF is going on?
    I started this thread in 2017 and it's still happening now. The chat censors the most random things. For a few days it was censoring the word "and", it censors champ names, etc. This really needs an overhaul, it's incredibly frustrating having to creatively re-type mundane things because the censorship AI is so very broken for such a long time.