**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is aegon good for act 6?

Tupac123Tupac123 Posts: 31
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just got 5 star aegon. Is he good in act 6? I’m currently on act 6.2.6. Yes, the infamous Champion Boss. I am not sure if he’s good in act 6.

Is aegon good for act 6? 64 votes

Yes he is useful and you should rank up
85%
World Eaterbuffajrheruheru511phillgreenLeediman39Duo_KulioSungjRbk19Spurgeon14Stellar10or_StrongScopeotoe987Cap366Battle_GreninjaReverend_RuckusXva23FleaRatKing12EtjamaMother_FlerkenDarkEternity 55 votes
No, he’s not useful, don’t rank him up
14%
Spity68RakeYoungMiStaLovaSuperfighter101FenicoGreanJoshKosh557GovundNoobda 9 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    He is pretty good if you have a few fights to ramp him up first.
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    One of the best for several paths and for the grand master
  • GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    He does need dupe and atleast sig 70 so he can ramp up properly.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    Not all paths.. As others have said, he needs a good first fight and he is not usable in some of the paths at all
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I just pulled him as a 6* and might not get awaken anytime soon, but what is his efficient sig count?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Monke said:
    Look, aegon is a pretty overrated champ imo. He has a really bad crit rate in everything other than abyss, and since all his abilities depend on crits its a bit pointless.

Check out this thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/249419/kinda-feel-like-aegon-is-a-bit-overrated/p1
    I have some pretty pathetic gameplay in rol.
    Instead of that thread, check out this one.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/229143/not-just-a-god-of-the-abyss/p1
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    I used my 5/65 to get initial clear of 6.3.1-6.4.6. He’s GREAT for 6.3 and 6.4 when the health pools increase
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Monke said:
    Look, aegon is a pretty overrated champ imo. He has a really bad crit rate in everything other than abyss, and since all his abilities depend on crits its a bit pointless.

Check out this thread
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/249419/kinda-feel-like-aegon-is-a-bit-overrated/p1
    I have some pretty pathetic gameplay in rol.
    Instead of that thread, check out this one.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/229143/not-just-a-god-of-the-abyss/p1
    @Agent_X_zzz aegon needs suicides to be effective in smaller content, kinda like omega red. Both r trash in smaller content without.
    Suicides hinder aegon in act 6 imo beciaee you cant spam special 1 to build up your combo, he was a major mvp for me and I didnt use suicides.
  • GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★
    No, he’s not useful, don’t rank him up
    Aegon can only do damage after like, 50 hits
    hes crit dependant
    he needs high sig
    everyone in act 6 can take him out in 10 hits
    he only has 1 arm so he cant bake cookies for the gm
    his pants are really heavy so he gets weighed down
    You shouldn't rank him up

Jk hes great for act 6
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Did Xbones, ultron, mordo and the champion with Aegon. Had to use Hype for sinister, cleared the path with aegon though.

Absolute cheat code and probably made me a worse player because of it.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    He definitely has the utility and damage to handle a lot of Act 6, but for an average player, he might not be the best for you.

The first fight will be the most painful and will likely be the main decision point of whether Aegon is good for you for Act 6 or not.

What I mean by this is - you are using Aegon because he counters the path's nodes while doing high damage, but that countering doesn't (fully) exist in the first fight. So that fight will be painful.

For example, although he does counter Biohazard (or any other damage over time debuff paths), you will still take damage in that first fight until you reach 30-50+ combo. You could end that first fight with 95% health, or you could end it with 15% health.

You have to accept that you are using an imperfect counter for the first (half) fight, but from then on you are pretty golden with a ramped up Aegon.

Personally, I could never get over that first hump, so I didn't think he was useful. Also, the gameplay style of maintaining a combo meter is not my cup of tea. But again, that is up to personal skill, preference.