**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Boss Rush completed without Iceman

2»

Comments

• GreatScottGreatScott Posts: 106
    morningstar took more revives than mephisto wiith her bleed immune, high damage sp2, and unblockable sp1.
  • Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »
    How doable is this with just 4/40 4*? Who would be the best 4* to try for this as just 4/40?
    Vision scarlet witch. And also high dupe level crossbones bcz he turns some of mephisto's incinerate into fury. Completely depends on RnGsus though

• Jay_IberoJay_Ibero Posts: 265
    Champ_Z wrote: »
    Jay_Ibero wrote: »
    How doable is this with just 4/40 4*? Who would be the best 4* to try for this as just 4/40?
    Vision scarlet witch. And also high dupe level crossbones bcz he turns some of mephisto's incinerate into fury. Completely depends on RnGsus though

Ended up doing it last night with Rogue/Ghost Rider/Ice Man/Star Lord/Drax. Rogue wrecks Crossbones once you absorb some of his fury. Ice Man handled Blade easy enough. GR on GR wasn't so bad. Drax almost solo'd Goblin. GR also handled Morningstar pretty easily. Mephisto took a handful of revives to get through, also was mostly GR, just pacing self with judgements and staying back when incinerate is up.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    So who thinks Mephisto will be 5.4 boss now lol

do not give them any ideas lol
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    I wanted to use my 4* iceman but I realized it would be insane long.. I used my r4/55 SL instead
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    OG Vision ended up being my MVP vs Meph. It's pretty much just an RNG fiasco of a fight.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    It’s very easy to say you didn’t use iceman without a picture of the team you used. You included zero proof about doing it without iceman

I feel like iceman would typically be the go to guy here because you can just ignore Mephisto's Aura, but it is the regen part that was trouble for me. So he wasn't the "needed" champ as much as everyone seems to think.
    Iceman ripped through the others with some help from Drax, but for me ultimately it was Scarlet nullifying all of Mephisto's **** that made it possible.
    Of course all my champs are 4*. Maybe some other 5* champs or heavy hitting 4*s hit hard enough for it not to matter. I don't have any of those.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    OP, I just thought it was funny that you said you didn’t use iceman and didn’t post the team you used. It didn’t make any sense. I didn’t use iceman because I only have a 3*. I just used 5* ultron for every fight. And a couple of my other team members on mephisto. It was pretty easy
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    The Aurora of incinerate simply triggers way more often then it seems it should. That's why so many feel Iceman is the only counter for him.

If they would do what they should have from the very beginning and made GR and Dormammu incinerate immune the chats about this would be moot.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    edited October 2017
    I did it last night with 3 attempts on Mephisto. I actually took more attempts on Morningstar, but that was due to some attempts not being bleed immune champs. Oversight on my part.

2x with r5 Wolvie to take advantage of my 3/3 Despair to reduce the effectiveness of his heal with bleed stacks. Both attempts I got him down to where regen went off, then I simply missed a block and ate a combo or something trivial.

3rd attempt was with my r5 WW2 Cap, fight started, he used up the 2 souls for regen, then I beat him down the rest of the way, standard tactics.

The rest of my team was r5 Guilly, r4 Colossus (for bleed immunes), r4 Magik. The extra health for the Colossus/Magik synergy was helpful as well.

(In retrospect, I should have used my r4 UC, for +1% extra health on synergy plus possibly benefitting from MD.)

Given all I was reading on here, I also used some boosts that were collecting dust in my stash. Wasn't needed, but didn't hurt.

In the end, I found Master Mephisto a bit more difficult, simply because his aura procc'ed WAAAAAY more often, and that did the vast bulk of the damage.
  • Greatness_12Greatness_12 Posts: 13
    edited October 2017
    I suck at this game... couldn’t get past blade.... dashing back didn’t work too well for me
  • DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I also did it without iceman. Used 5* guilly, magik, x23, 4* hulk and aou vision
  • DKKingDKKing Posts: 2
    I don't have a four star iceman and I'm not going to go as low to a three star iceman. Then I got to mephisto and realized how much bs he is without iceman.
    I would recommend taking a regen champ, daa reduction champ, damage-dealing champ, and iceman onto your team if you want to do this without blowing through all of your revives