**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Protect mechanics

MiggyMiggy Posts: 37
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Can someone smarter than me please clarify protect mechanics?

If there are attack increases, do they count towards the dmg cap (if you're using a small champ vs big champ)? Or does it count as "base attack" hence not affecting protect mechanics at all?

The attack increases I'm talking about are:
- atk boost
- masteries that provide an atk increase mid-fight (assassin's and courage)
- masteries that provide a permanent atk increase (strength/greater strength/suicides)
- synergies

I'm assuming everything that makes you start fights at a certain atk value won't count towards exceeding the dmg cap, but ones that trigger mid-fight will, but just wanted to confirm.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Excluding AAR and red numbers (dot and direct damage), if it says “the defender won’t lose more than 1% health per hit” there is no situation where he will magically lose more than 1% max health per single hit.

I am more confused at your confusion than you are confused at this mechanic. Give a specific example if you are still confused.
  • MiggyMiggy Posts: 37
    Forgot to add - also champion atk increase mechanics including fury buff (e.g. real NF fury buff, doom sp3 fury) guillotine's and star lord's attack increase with combo meter, etc

Excluding AAR and red numbers (dot and direct damage), if it says “the defender won’t lose more than 1% health per hit” there is no situation where he will magically lose more than 1% max health per single hit.

I am more confused at your confusion than you are confused at this mechanic. Give a specific example if you are still confused.

I think you are confusing yourself here haha

Sounds like the node you are referring to is safeguard (defender can't lose more than 1% hp per hit or similar wording).

I am referring to the protect defense tactic in alliance war where it triggers when the attacker deals more than 300% of their base attack.
    Bump. Also does class advantage/disadvantage factor in? Or is your atk reduction considered "base attack"?