**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

5* or 4* champs

Hi all. I'm currently starting act 5 and it becomes more obvious I should use more 5* champs. I have a few rank 3 using and some max 4*. Ones like caiw Hyperion, nick fury.
Is it still worth ranking up the really good 4* champs like ghost, human torch etc etc or just concentrate on either more rank 3 5* / rank 4 5*? I have far more changes of awakening and increasing SIGs for 4* champs at present. Really stuck now as 5* are more expensive to rank but don't want to waste resources on 4* if not worth it.
Love to hear people's thoughts and experiences

Thank you.

Comments

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★

Hi all. I'm currently starting act 5 and it becomes more obvious I should use more 5* champs. I have a few rank 3 using and some max 4*. Ones like caiw Hyperion, nick fury.
    Is it still worth ranking up the really good 4* champs like ghost, human torch etc etc or just concentrate on either more rank 3 5* / rank 4 5*? I have far more changes of awakening and increasing SIGs for 4* champs at present. Really stuck now as 5* are more expensive to rank but don't want to waste resources on 4* if not worth it.
    Love to hear people's thoughts and experiences

Thank you.

You are far more likely to get a good 4* than a 5*. If your 5* doesn't have great champs, then definitely invest in your 4* until you get good champs. Also certain champs have unique abilitie that may come in clutch for a few fights so its worth investing in your good 4*.

I have 2 r4 5* and I'm working on bringing up more 5*, but I still take up 4*. My 5* cosmics are terrible, so I maxed out my 4* Venom, 2 months back, and now he is almost indispensable in my main team. I also use my 4* Guillotine for matchups which require heal reversal, and I'm even using her for the Epic SQ this month.

So yes, really good 4* are definitely worth investing in, especially to help support your 5* roster.
  • Mentalboy1Mentalboy1 Posts: 171
    Thank you appreciate it!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    You should still be ranking up good four stars. I wrote something about this on another thread recently so I’m going to go find it and put it here.

Edit: Well I couldn’t find the exact response I wrote that I wanted but I found this one and it gets the point across. Just some slight background, the person was asking which of their four star champions to upgrade and if they should even bother in the first place since they’re in act 5 and they’ll move on to 5*s soon.

——————————
    Here’s how I look at it:

In my opinion the best mindset when ranking up 4*s is to rank ones up that will help you in future content when you’ve moved on to 5 and 6 stars. These champions are normally ones with specific utilities.

With this in mind here’s what I’d do. Rank up ghost, doom, and sym supreme before the others in that order. Ghost is unique and will help you in act 5 and a few variants in the future. She’s also really good in general. Doom is both really good now and his power control will help in the future, plus he’s good for v5 and 6. Sym supreme has really good buff control and I still use my maxed 4* in cav eq and other buff heavy matchups to this day.

———————

I hope this is helpful!