**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why can the game parry while holding a block !?

So this is completely garage to allow the game to parry you while on your first attack ( meaning this is different then a reparry, a reparry is incredibly hard but players that are skilled actually can achieve this ) dash attacking into the opponents block only to somehow be parried this is ignorant and foolish! the game should not be allowed to do impossible thing that players cannot do !

Comments

• Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    You can parry a dash attack. The AI block and unblock a lot and that can trigger a parry.
  • Options
    LatamayoLatamayo Posts: 28
    No your not hearing me it was a hold of block the entire time ! There was never a release of block ! It's not right and it's not the way parry works !
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Latamayo said:

No your not hearing me it was a hold of block the entire time ! There was never a release of block ! It's not right and it's not the way parry works !

It’s called a reparry, very commonly used strategy for players as well, there are guides out there, but yes you very briefly drop and recover block in between attacks
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Lvernon15 said:

Latamayo said:

It’s called a reparry, very commonly used strategy for players as well, there are guides out there, but yes you very briefly drop and recover block in between attacks
    Correction, in this case they’re basically doing the reparry motion, just not between blocked hits
  • Options
    No man you're not reading I appreciate the attempt of an explanation but it should only come from the developers as this is 100% BS and completely ridiculous there was never a drop of a block and then Parry it's not a reparry I already said that ! I ran to attack a blocking opponent the block never went down and it's a normal thing I do all the time when the opponent is standing there like a fool! But it instantly parryed me from a BLOCKING THE ENTIRE TIME opponent ! I guess if I'm going to post on this ridiculous game and this completely unuseful and unhelpful forum I'm going to record everything from here on out that way they'll be no confusion from the people leaving comments
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Chill out. Give us a video or something
  • Options
    Haha you a funny or just special .. bless your heart ! Carry on man ... Carry on !
  • Options
    Grootman1294Grootman1294 Posts: 864 ★★★★
    Latamayo said:

Haha you a funny or just special .. bless your heart ! Carry on man ... Carry on !

Did you eat some pretzels or something cuz you're so salty right now.
  • Options
    PappaBunnyPappaBunny Posts: 112
    It's even better when you are in the middle of an SP2, giving damage, and the defender just ups and fires off its own SP2 before yours is over.
  • Options

Latamayo said:

Did you eat some pretzels or something cuz you're so salty right now.
    I have no idea what that reply even means? I didn't know people can be salty or unsalty , maybe that's some new young hipster word or something. but actually what you text cannot even be a characteristic or emotion that a person can be... According to proper and correct English ! So once more I wish you then best , I have a good feeling you're going to need it ! Now carry on grasshopper !
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    It was a re-parry. The opponent simply let down block and blocked again
  • Options

It was a re-parry. The opponent simply let down block and blocked again

Ahhhh yeah man .... Thanks for figured something totally different out and not what I was texting about at all ! But yeah good job on clearing that up and reading my post !
  • Options
    This forum is top-notch with an abundance of overflowing useful knowledge and information from the support almost readers... I am so grateful that I accidentally posted a malfunctioning bug in the game issue here !
  • Options
    The people that say it's a repair that he put the block down and then blocked again I don't think you guys are actually watching your game?.... but weirdly I do and there's probably not much more that can even be said here to help explain this because I also already said I should record everything if I'm ever going to post here again which will be very unlikely. But just to restate my original post I dashed into the opponents CONTINUOUSLY HELD BLOCK as I do often to get them to throw a move when they're acting as cowards. So thanks hopefully that's easier to understand now and maybe I cleared some confusion
  • Options
    AKS_0AKS_0 Posts: 3
    I have faced the same and understand what you are explaining @Latamayo! .. game is of course behaving super intelligent with reparry, shallow evade etc, but that is making the game very unpleasant. I have faced the above issue multiple times that defender just parries you when they are blocking! It is definitely a design flaw, and if it is argued "not a bug" and its AI intelligence, its just ridiculous. You just cannot have a game with all player skills provided to AI!. Then its not a game. AI must have good response and intelligence for sure, but the fundamentals of AI is that it should not override human abilities. Do not ever let AI take over human!