**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's have a conversation, Kabam!

*** I LOVE THIS GAME, THE GRAPHICS, GAME PHYSICS, ALL THE CREATIVE WORK THAT GOES BEHIND THE SCENES. SO I HOPE THE FEEDBACK IS TAKEN IN GOOD SPORT. ***

Why do we all want reworked champs? Level the playing field! Right?

Every champion need to serve a purpose and stay relevant. And I hope no champion is ever envisioned purely for AW defense or some annoying boss in quest, rather to serve in summoner's quests which is primary.

What is the purpose of reworked Yellow Jacket? Yes, there is meltdown, though short lived. Yes, there is heal reversal, which comes in handy in very specific matchups. His energy resistance is commendable. And to be good in attack, he seems to rely on sig200?

Does all this help level the playing field? Does this new YJ update make it enticing to rank him up ahead of any other Science champions from the last 1 or 2 years? Spenders and Grinders have better champs. Rest, like me, would love to rank him up because of his beautiful design & in game mechanics but not if he is going to help in difficult contents of the game.

HERE"S MY SUGGESTION/REQUEST KABAM!

Use your telemetry data to see how many people are ranking him up and using him over the next 2 months. And does that justify the time and efforts behind the overhaul. If not, what can be done to make it worth?

Like many out there who were hyped, I am disappointed, especially because it was a rework and not just some stat adjustments. His nerfed hits are sore to the eyes.

PS: I am not a fan of YJ character. I just love his in game design & play. Hope he gets more love.

Comments

• JazzKnightJazzKnight Posts: 34
    @Notsavage19 purely from a utility stand point you mean?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    This isn't Pimp my Champion. You aren't always going to get shiny upgrades every single time. All the stuff you said can be said about every single champion in the game. All champions have their weaknesses. The whole point of the YJ buff was to make him better than before. He is usable for those that pull him and don't have many champs that would be better than YJ.
    hmm.. ok.. I am going to rank him up with my scarcely available resources, just because I love using him and his solid utility kit. Hope it makes up for those missing big crits. Let's hope I am wrong about his buff missing the mark.

Thanks guys! Appreciate the responses.
    My YJ is now 5* r3. 200 sig. He is definitely fun to play and that's why I am invested in him.

But if he is meant to be a utility champion then I really wish I can use him more! His meltdown can predominantly happen in long fights and when it happens 12 seconds feels short (especially with all these new unstoppables and unblockables). Not to mention every time you use a heavy attack, you lose 10 of them and opponent's special gaining back those 10 just doesn't add up. His critical damage is not great either and has 0 armor. So if you block hits, he takes a lot of damage. My point is, he is neither great on long fights nor amazing on short fights.

Either his meltdown needs to happen more often which means his chance to gain charges on hits need to be greater than 60%. Or his critical damage needs to be bumped up so that it makes up for that delayed meltdown. Both of which can get him some love to use in attack. Or at least make him suitable for defensive game play with a little bit of armor addition.

His stings do make up a little for that missing attack but doesn't make up for the special damage as such because of low crit numbers. I enjoy him more with Mr. Fantastic + Doc Oc shared knowledge synergy which adds extra to his stings. But that's barely a case for why people want to rank him up or use him.

I hope Kabam reads this and appreciate my perspective. Does the idea to tweak his numbers make sense?
  • General Br3ezeGeneral Br3eze Posts: 100

My YJ is now 5* r3. 200 sig. He is definitely fun to play and that's why I am invested in him.

But if he is meant to be a utility champion then I really wish I can use him more! His meltdown can predominantly happen in long fights and when it happens 12 seconds feels short (especially with all these new unstoppables and unblockables). Not to mention every time you use a heavy attack, you lose 10 of them and opponent's special gaining back those 10 just doesn't add up. His critical damage is not great either and has 0 armor. So if you block hits, he takes a lot of damage. My point is, he is neither great on long fights nor amazing on short fights.

Either his meltdown needs to happen more often which means his chance to gain charges on hits need to be greater than 60%. Or his critical damage needs to be bumped up so that it makes up for that delayed meltdown. Both of which can get him some love to use in attack. Or at least make him suitable for defensive game play with a little bit of armor addition.

His stings do make up a little for that missing attack but doesn't make up for the special damage as such because of low crit numbers. I enjoy him more with Mr. Fantastic + Doc Oc shared knowledge synergy which adds extra to his stings. But that's barely a case for why people want to rank him up or use him.

I hope Kabam reads this and appreciate my perspective. Does the idea to tweak his numbers make sense?

Shall I tag some Kabam Deities? To read this or just leave it?
    @General Br3eze Yes please! Thanks.
  • General Br3ezeGeneral Br3eze Posts: 100

@General Br3eze Yes please! Thanks.

Ok!
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Porthos @Kabam Lyra Mr @JazzKnight would like his request to be seen by some Kabam deities!

Sorry if this is abit overboard
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    Its ok to have some champs that are not perfect.
    But i agree some champs are dated.
    But not all buffs should he game changers.
    Excuse me while i quote the impossibles.

"When everyone is special, no one is."
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    DDHK and YJ were "successful buffs", as they took those champions from COMPLETELY unusable (F tier) to at least C tier, being usable (I'd argue YJ is situationally B tier even). To date, every single champion buff has been successful in some way, as it has elevated the champion to become more usable. After all, that is the point of buffs.

That is, until yesterday, with The Hood's nerf.
    edited February 2021
    There was another aspect of YJ which I came to realize after I was forced to change my mastery to remove suicides during my Variant 6 run last night. YJ needs to keep spamming those SP1s. Previously YJ was losing health quick if I spam SP1s, otherwise his LMH based attack feels underwhelming.

With my new suicide free mastery setup, I am able to appreciate his abilities a bit more. Get an SP3 & keep spamming SP1s (where there is no need for that SP2), that's just it. It's not unique to him by any means I guess. Blade plays so much better as his bleed based power gain enables him to keep chaining SP1. I am sure there are plenty others.

To summarize, it's all about compromise. That's the way game is. Different masteries benefit different champs and different game styles.

On the downside though, the champs I use the most like WL, Ultron and Dorm all took a big hit on their attack numbers, with G99 being the exception.