**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Sidequests with daily entry items - give the last week early

TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
When AQ and war are going on at the end of a month, it really stinks getting one entry token per day and having to use them. Jubilee’s Arcade, while tedious, gave players flexibility to complete their last week of runs across the final 7 days. That was a really good quality of life decision, and I just really want to see more of that and less of the “one per day, the entire month and if you don’t do it, you lose out.”

Comments

• Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
    It gives an incentive to play every day.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

It gives an incentive to play every day.

Monthly calendars, AQ and AW already give that incentive. I’d even say it’s a requirement. The last 5 days of this month are 5 days of AQ. It’s also part of war season.
    What about those not in AQ or AW? IMO, not all SQs should be complete-able off-the-bat or weekly.

There should be a mix of SQs that could be completed on the first day of the week, but also SQs that you have to log on every day to get the maximum rewards.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

What about those not in AQ or AW? IMO, not all SQs should be complete-able off-the-bat or weekly.

There should be a mix of SQs that could be completed on the first day of the week, but also SQs that you have to log on every day to get the maximum rewards.

I’m not gonna draw a pie chart here, but the people who are getting the big prize at the end of this month are gonna be TB and late-Cavalier. The overwhelming majority of those players are in alliances.

And what you’re describing doesn’t just require you to log in every day. It requires you to run the quest when you’re down 3, 8 or 11 champs. That doesn’t make or break me, but it’s frustrating being forced to wait and forced to run with a less than ideal squad, which in turn takes more time.

Jubilee’s Arcade and Love... both struck a great balance. You had the final week with your last batch of arcade tokens. You had two weeks for Love...

This is a step in the wrong direction. The quests are grindy enough as it is. Forcing summoners to carve out time aside from quest, war and other content in the last few days of the month is annoying. (I also say this partly because I expect the 10% t5cc objective to require us to complete god tier a certain number of times.)
    TyEdge said:

I’m not gonna draw a pie chart here, but the people who are getting the big prize at the end of this month are gonna be TB and late-Cavalier. The overwhelming majority of those players are in alliances.

And what you’re describing doesn’t just require you to log in every day. It requires you to run the quest when you’re down 3, 8 or 11 champs. That doesn’t make or break me, but it’s frustrating being forced to wait and forced to run with a less than ideal squad, which in turn takes more time.

Jubilee’s Arcade and Love... both struck a great balance. You had the final week with your last batch of arcade tokens. You had two weeks for Love...

This is a step in the wrong direction. The quests are grindy enough as it is. Forcing summoners to carve out time aside from quest, war and other content in the last few days of the month is annoying. (I also say this partly because I expect the 10% t5cc objective to require us to complete god tier a certain number of times.)
    Yeah, it forces you to prioritize, plan, and make decisions, like any other part of the game does.

IMO, those who are more devoted should gain an advantage over those who aren't. Why should that not extend to SQs as well? Not to mention that it actually gives people something to do in-game every day.

Making content with a range of time accessibilities is a step in the right direction. This means that not every SQ will be able to yield rewards on the first day or the first day of each week, which leads to less burnout. Constant interaction can be a good thing.