Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

INCURSIONS!!! SOME STUFF YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT

theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
so incursions.
since kabam released the new incursions update with the most exciting solo objective in incursions gives you total of 30 generic 6* signature stones,
the old forgotten incursions has become a trend again.

but what is incursions lets talk about that

incursions..
i think you know what incursions is.

it is one of the most rewarding and yet underrated piece of content in the game among with variant 1.
it gives you huge amount of gold, 6* shards, 5* shards and of course incursions artifacts which you can convert them to
special incursions crystals or basic crystals, or some 2k 6* shards.

these are the basics.

so now lets roll into the how to reach at room 15, at least 10. to get all the good rewards from it

First things first;

PARTNER
you gonna need a good partner. yes, so never ever ever e-ver consider the random partner. if you seek higher zone completions,
they are coming random and they can just ditch you in the middle of the first or 2nd sector.

I saw a guy was crying in twitter where he got ditched by a guy who was from EFFIN GLOBAL CHAT!!!!!!!
WTH!!??!?!?

you can find your incurs partner from your alliance or there are lots of discord rooms that can help you, if there're line chats
idk about them so write it down below.

KNOW YOUR LIMITS
even if you are running tier 1 incursions, you should know that this content requires high skill and patience to reach the
higher rooms. revives have high prices, so i dont recommend you to use revives before you reach 15.
but you can naturally revive or heal your champions at the end of the zone you've finished.

CHANGE YOUR CHAMPIONS IF NECESSARY
at the start of the zone, you'll have 2 options, you can swap your live champion with another one or you can pick a hack
which is gonna be helpful in your zone. so scout it wisely, read the nodes and do what's necessary.

IT IS GOING TO BE HARDER EACH ZONE,
difficulty is increasing, damage is increasing. this means this wont be a casual small degen from ebony maw or mojo, or havok's plasmas are not gonna take a part of your hp,

they gonna kill you instantly

so bringing proper counter is the most important thing here.
for example; if you see freezer burn and trust your high energy resist champ to beat that?
even if you have energy resist attribute boost from hack?
no don't do it.
bring an incinerate immune champion instead.

bleed ticks from biohazard will melt you so bad if you dont have bleed immune champion.
dont trust bleed resistances, or if you not gonna finish fight before 20 corvus charges, youll be dead because of bleed damage.

DONT BE OVER CONFIDENT
first 3 rooms in sector 8 is usually the easiest rooms,
you can collect the good hacks without losing a champion and feel confident.
but dont be overconfident until zone 10. take it slow and dont play risky. know that one single mistake after zone 7 is going to kill you
instantly. i saw a lot of intercepting adventures failed miserably. this is not the test area.

CHAMPION SELECTS:
This is where you have to be smart.
Try to select champions who has high reach to buffs such as (cmm, hyperion, corvus, magneto etc),
or debuffs (sunspot, human torch, capiw, nick fury, annihilus etc) for your run.
there are lots of debuff enhancements in the basic hacks on your way. (incinerate, shock, bleed)

best champions for my experience are magneto, morningstar, claire voyant, guillotine 99, corvus and aegon.
i dont use quake so i saw her destroying tons of beefy opponetns as well.

DONT TRUST BUFFS THAT MUCH!!! -
any Symbiote supreme, mojo, ebony maw can kill you real quick before you even realize whats going on. they're the landom
land mines in the field.

RARE HACKS
rare hacks are the most fun part of incursions, they appear when you finish your zone,
every single one of them has uses but some of them are the most useful ones,

like:
buff cornucopia,
perpetual offense,
tide of combat
and compounding harm.

those will help you a ton on your way, you're gonna find yourself regenning from buff corn, dealing massive damage with tide of combat or reaching the biggest yellow numbers with perpetual offense
almost all of the cosmic champions are benefitting from buff corn, and lots of science champions from tide of combat (especially quake)

I want to talk about 2 of the best champions in incursions for me.

1- MAGNETO
but magneto gets the superior bonus from these two he can both have furies from expiring armor breaks against robots (which they'll be dead most probably),
or gains tons of bonus buffs from heavy charge. compounding harm makes magnetos sp3 like he's fighting against a robot because each bleed also has a chance to
inflict armor break debuff. He is the best option every 5th zone because of all those metal sack of ultron drones.

***but beware of that mystic drone, you wont gain buffs. so just parry and heavy or fight normally.

BEST HACKS FOR MAGNETO:
buff cornucopia
compounding harm,
tide of combat,
perpetual offense
buff and debuff bonus attacks from basic hacks
special attack enhancements

***know that these are not gonna stack in your run, you can have them for 1 or 2 zones at best.
they just may not be appear on the hacks. so its all luck.

you can make magneto horseman if you have Apocalypse. and when you want to make room for another, horseman ability is staying with magneto until you're done with your run.

2- MORNINGSTAR
Are you get so bored because of this lady is not performing good in shorter quests? here is your best answer, she's an absolute goddess here.
collect 5 souls ASAP. you can bring og guilly for synergy and swap her next zone to get faster charges.

lets go with each souls she's having,
2 souls, unstoppable from sp1 and heavy attack gives you buffs which can trigger other buffs if you have buff cornucopia. handy.
3 souls, unblockable sp2 is great to have when the opponent is turtling and you want to get rid of that sp2,
4 souls, 50% perfect block chance!!! is becoming so handy against where you have to block the whole special especially when the opponent has 50k attack.
5 souls, the best one, lifesteal the damage you deal. add this with bonus attacks from the hacks you've collected and remember to pick "basic attack ability accuracy and attack bonus" hack. youll be surprised.
this lifesteal is so so so good, that she can counter the boss node when your opponent fails, she can save you both with this lifesteal.

***already missing my reverted boi Hood*** :(:(:'(

not gonna write everything because there are better experienced people about other champions.
so feel free to share your insights, experiences in incursions.

its coming soon and we have a lot to learn from each other.
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Obligatory HYPERION OP!
    Hype already synergizes so well with buff corn but the new "Impact Purge" is so good for him cause he has a 5hit heavy and can thus nullify 5 buffs and apply 5 degens. With the newer degen duration/damage increase hacks I am certain Hyperion will be hitting even MORE like a truck
  • Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★

Obligatory HYPERION OP!
    Hype already synergizes so well with buff corn but the new "Impact Purge" is so good for him cause he has a 5hit heavy and can thus nullify 5 buffs and apply 5 degens. With the newer degen duration/damage increase hacks I am certain Hyperion will be hitting even MORE like a truck

@Hera1d_of_Ga1actus he does!

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,643 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Lol at not mentioning how OP Aegon gets, especially with crit rate/crit damage/ +4% damage per buff active nodes, as well as a decent combo.

But quality post.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    If Aegon had some regen, he would have been no.1 for sure.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Awakened corvus with suicides is the best in my experience. I'd usually pair him with my max Sig guardian for the block prof (and certain matchups), and last spot is usually Claire.
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 394 ★★★
    Lovely write up mate, add in Aegon to that paired with buff corn and its 10/10
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Cpt sparkles, throw in a buff cornucopia, and the ‘3x crit damage on specials’ Hack and just start each fight with that combo into SP2.
    12 second invulnerability has also saved me countless times when teammate can’t unlink the boss.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,150 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Nice brief guide.

I find using Aegon + Corvus with Proxima is a good team that gets me to Sector 8 Room 10 no problem.

Aside from CG & Aegon, CGR is also fantastic - get the normal armor break hacks, attribute multiplier hacks and buff cornocupia + perpetual offense (given how many buffs he procs) and you are laughing. In Sector 8 Room 10 i was destroying Ultron with 50 k mediums and 400K specials w/o going to special 3. His armor break on villains is very useful too.

Also a word of caution not mentioned above - Bishop is a common defender. Been in a room with 3 Bishops already. if you take lightning Fists or the incinerate hack and have no choice but to fight him you are in for a world of pain.

Also when the attack rating reaches 23-30k on defenders and they are unblockable for 6-10 seconds or debuff immune for 20 secs, you have to be able to intercept. Only so many blocked hits you can take.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 555 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    I'm Tier 1 and don't see 6* sig stones in game anywhere related to incursions - what am I missing?

Edit ^ I'm a dumb dumb. Just found in News and Announcements. Goes live tomorrow. Leaving the comment to help others, and for the obligatory public shaming.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,242 ★★★★★
    Also in only a one time thing.
  • Options
    king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★

If Aegon had some regen, he would have been no.1 for sure.

he can get regen from buff cornucopia
  • Options
    theMercenarytheMercenary Posts: 643 ★★★
    edited March 2021
    idk what to say but these new hacks kinda killed this post. you can barely see some old useful hacks in a 10 zone run. i ran 3 times and until 12 i didnt even see a buff corn.

and there are some nodes where we saw from John Mulaney's CC "Equally Balanced" it just kills magneto.

but some useful notes that i took:

impact purge is changed, its no longer nullifying your buff and deals degen instead of bleed, that is just great where all your champs can be mystic champs.

Watch out that Entropic Shield.
    it can be useful for lots of things, just beware of elsa bloodstone if you dont have mutant in your team.
    she'll kill you in 1 second.

**4. Entropic Shield
    Performing a Well Timed Block or Auto-Block increases Block Proficiency by 1000 and causes a Bleed Debuff to the Opponent lasting 5 seconds, and dealing Damage based on the Attacker’s Block Proficiency and Attack.**

You can actually do a 10 hit combo, with one parry and make it 15-16 with continous attacks, if you have domino and masacre by just having:
    11. Debuff Upgrade - Stun
    Stun Debuff Duration +50%