**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Surfer taking incinerate damage

JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
Hi, using surfer on freezerburn map 7 as I usually do. He is taking incinerate damage. All his health lost is due to massive stacks of incinerate.
Obviously 1 or 2 won’t matter but 3 times I had stacks of incinerate pass 7 and health was melting off. This will lead me to using health potions. @Kabam Miike

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    This happened on kingpin and ultron before human torch. I’m aware that his incinerate stacks increase potency by 12% per incinerate. I’ve never taken damage from human torch using surfer but it’s understandable. Regardless I noticed the massive health loss on the previous two fights. That’s why I started the video for the human torch fight.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    He is not immune to incinerate damage.
    He reduces damage by 100% of it's base. And you are fightning HT, which can increase it further beyond that

He is not immune to incinerate damage.
    He reduces damage by 100% of it's base. And you are fightning HT, which can increase it further beyond that

Read what I said...
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    What are the other nodes there?

What are the other nodes there?

Personal space is the global.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    You had 24% increased potency incinerate on you.

If you had 7 stacks this increased the potency of his incinerates by 84%

Texas_11 said:

Read what I said...the massive health loss was to kingpin and ultron. Hence why I started recording it vs human torch. I’m not speaking of one fight, it’s only after I saw I recorded.
    Thus begins the blaming of the user.

I’ve taken this lane for “years” let’s say on and off. I’m not new to this game. I finished two lanes of freezerburn yesterday with surfer and he was 100% health. Today, he’s dead at yondu due to incinerate/coldsnap damage. But let’s blame me. I’m not in the mood to listen to it.
    Not sure why the disagrees...maybe explain how surfer lost 75% of his health from kp and ultron without being hit?

Disagree, then speak.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Hmm, seems like a bug to me.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Maybe the fury increasing incinerate potency. But i don't know.

An alliance mate mentioned the same thing. I wasn’t sure of it interacting this way either. But it’s a possibility, even if it’s unintentional.
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Jaded said:

An alliance mate mentioned the same thing. I wasn’t sure of it interacting this way either. But it’s a possibility, even if it’s unintentional.
    Cause it works when using doom against surfer.

Jaded said:

Cause it works when using doom against surfer.
    Interesting...thanks.
    Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Read what I said...the massive health loss was to kingpin and ultron. Hence why I started recording it vs human torch. I’m not speaking of one fight, it’s only after I saw I recorded.
    Hmm, then it has to be a bug because neither one of those two champs can increase their incinerate damage.

I’ll save this post just in case it gets clarified
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Hmm, then it has to be a bug because neither one of those two champs can increase their incinerate damage.

Thanks. I understand it’s difficult when people don’t show proof of it happening. Unfortunately.
    edited March 2021
    Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Thanks. I understand it’s difficult when people don’t show proof of it happening. Unfortunately.
    My other theory is it is going off of modified attack and that fury buff or another buff is boosting the incinerate damage above 100%. What is the exact description of freezer burn?

It if you have been running it for years and it has never happened that’s still weird

Edit; As I was typing this didn’t realize someone already suggested this along with your ally mate.
    Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

My other theory is it is going off of modified attack and that fury buff or another buff is boosting the incinerate damage above 100%. What is the exact description of freezer burn?

It if you have been running it for years and it has never happened that’s still weird

Edit; As I was typing this didn’t realize someone already suggested this along with your ally mate.

HI_guys said:

if it were the case that attack boosts increase % damage of incinerate effects, then omega red would be taking massive damage from normal bosses since they all have 200% attack boosts.

also the disagrees and patronizing must stem from the picture of human torch

We all know I don’t care about disagrees. I only care when people disagree about a potential bug but have no input to the disagree. It’s childish lol
    HI_guys said:

Zan0 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Jaded said:

Texas_11 said:

Well looks like you have your answer right there. With one fury the incinerate damage is probably dealing 110% damage and therefore bypassing surfers 100% resistance
    thats not how these work though. 100% of attack is the damage value associated with the incinerate. the incinerate is still 100% no matter the damage value
    This is how I have viewed it, it’s also the only difference from yesterday 100% health finish on surfer to today.
  • mbracembrace Posts: 827 ★★★
    I think this would be the least of my concerns with Silver Surfer. I still want to like him or find a reason to use him, but it’s just so hard to do.
    HI_guys said:

Say, were the fights done in one game session? Or did you close the app and come back for the surfer fight?

The three fights were done in one go. Restarted and the rest of the lane.

I didn’t notice the incinerate damage on surfer with kp, I noticed my health dropping with ultron and saw the 7 stacks of incinerate. I had thrown a sp2 and ko’d ultron before I could record. Went into HT fight and recorded.

I finished the week with surfer on the team and a backup option. He finished the lanes 100% health every other day. So it’s still suspect that the personal space fury interacted strangely (or something completely different).

I have noticed this before, in a variant corvus taking coldsnap damage from iceman. But restart the game and it didn’t happen. Also in map 7 on the same lane. Here’s video proof of it.

https://youtu.be/h-p92DZRiv4

So it happens...idk why, and idk how to explain this.