**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mr. Fantastic: Best Uses in 100 words or Fewer

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
The post says it all...as the new owner of a 6* MrF (my final featured 6* this run), I’m trying to put a little shine on an otherwise disappointing pull.

So in the briefest manner possible, tell me why he’s a useful champ (synergies, yes I know) and deserving of anything more than arena workouts.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    Heard from many he helped them lower by A LOT abyss collectors SP damage
    he can do it pretty much to everyone, all is need from what I understood is to taunt there problematic
    SP (f.e. mangog's sp2 )
    and even if mr.fantastic dies, the passive effect stays on that node / boss.
    unique ability if you ask me but requires somewhat knowledge and skill i believe
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    She hulk powersting
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    mans stremchy
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Probably going to break the 100 word limit lol

he’s got a great synergy that allows for a passive power sting to be placed each time a science or tech champ places a debuff that caps at three

When he has his max three debuffs of each type (easier if he’s awakened) he can slightly reverse healing with his petrify (think it’s like a 20% reversal) and also lower their defensive power rate by 75% or something.

The debuffs require placing his pre fight ability, one charge for each debuff, max 5 charges; (so if you lose a fight you can still revive and place two debuffs I guess?) and requires you too win one fight to have all three debuffs.

Place them by throwing a special 2 and refresh them by knocking the opponent down (heavies also pause them for three seconds) once at 3 of each debuff, race to the special 3 (once again, easier if he’s awakened) and throw it off. According to aunt Mai, it gives the passive fury increasing attack rating by 392 per debuff, so in our ideal 9 debuff scenario, that’s an attack increase of 3,582.

Plus, if you get his careful study passive, which requires getting the opponent to throw the same special attack three times in a row (or twice if you get hit) then it counts as an extra 3 debuffs, bringing it to an attack increase of 4,704.

These debuffs mean he works very well for diss track and the like, and the special 1 applies a taunt and a passive 15 second stagger if I’m not mistaken.

The oh-so-important sig I’ve been referencing increases his offensive combat power rate by 10-50% for each careful study passive on the opponent. He’s also got the armor break synergy with doom and can make his debuffs last longer with Invisible Woman.

All in all, he can be stressful, probably won’t be your first option for a lot of stuff, but I find him fun and enjoyable, which is why I like him.
  • Options
    also didn’t really answer your question and it kinda turned into a guide lol sorry about that
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★

Probably going to break the 100 word limit lol

he’s got a great synergy that allows for a passive power sting to be placed each time a science or tech champ places a debuff that caps at three

When he has his max three debuffs of each type (easier if he’s awakened) he can slightly reverse healing with his petrify (think it’s like a 20% reversal) and also lower their defensive power rate by 75% or something.

The debuffs require placing his pre fight ability, one charge for each debuff, max 5 charges; (so if you lose a fight you can still revive and place two debuffs I guess?) and requires you too win one fight to have all three debuffs.

Place them by throwing a special 2 and refresh them by knocking the opponent down (heavies also pause them for three seconds) once at 3 of each debuff, race to the special 3 (once again, easier if he’s awakened) and throw it off. According to aunt Mai, it gives the passive fury increasing attack rating by 392 per debuff, so in our ideal 9 debuff scenario, that’s an attack increase of 3,582.

Plus, if you get his careful study passive, which requires getting the opponent to throw the same special attack three times in a row (or twice if you get hit) then it counts as an extra 3 debuffs, bringing it to an attack increase of 4,704.

These debuffs mean he works very well for diss track and the like, and the special 1 applies a taunt and a passive 15 second stagger if I’m not mistaken.

The oh-so-important sig I’ve been referencing increases his offensive combat power rate by 10-50% for each careful study passive on the opponent. He’s also got the armor break synergy with doom and can make his debuffs last longer with Invisible Woman.

All in all, he can be stressful, probably won’t be your first option for a lot of stuff, but I find him fun and enjoyable, which is why I like him.

Huh, only 234 over the limit
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    6.4.2 path with clapback.

He goes on my war team (with doom but he takes fights too).
  • Options
    Jaded said:

Speaking of doom, does that synergy mean Doom works for the armor break chapter in v6? Haven’t really thought about it but I’d assume it would
  • Options
    Forum_God_715Forum_God_715 Posts: 20

Jaded said:

Speaking of doom, does that synergy mean Doom works for the armor break chapter in v6? Haven’t really thought about it but I’d assume it would
    Lol doom with mr. F is a top 3 option for the armor break chapter. Venom is number 1 (I think) Mags after his sp2 also does well. There are others, but I forget who they are
  • Options

Jaded said:

Lol doom with mr. F is a top 3 option for the armor break chapter. Venom is number 1 (I think) Mags after his sp2 also does well. There are others, but I forget who they are
    Ah well. Don’t have a useable doom so I just used Venom and Ibom w/man thing
  • Options

Jaded said:

Ouch. Venom is better tho. Also, 4 star doom could potentially work, unless you just have the 3 star. Even then, the 3 star could work, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like 250 hit fights!
  • Options

Jaded said:

Ouch. Venom is better tho. Also, 4 star doom could potentially work, unless you just have the 3 star. Even then, the 3 star could work, but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like 250 hit fights!
    When I did my initial clear of that quest I had the two star

just got the three star two days ago lol
  • Options

Jaded said:

When I did my initial clear of that quest I had the two star

just got the three star two days ago lol
    Ouch ouch ouch
  • Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    DrZola said:

The post says it all...as the new owner of a 6* MrF (my final featured 6* this run), I’m trying to put a little shine on an otherwise disappointing pull.

So in the briefest manner possible, tell me why he’s a useful champ (synergies, yes I know) and deserving of anything more than arena workouts.

Dr. Zola

Honestly, synergies are his biggest appeals. I use him as a poor man's Cap IW. His synergies are different, of course, but allow some creative teams for cav EQ questing.

I ranked 5 mine for defense mainly, but I spent a bit of time questing with him on the team to play around a bit. Damage is definitely low, but utility is high. His l3 increases his attack rating for 20 seconds. Outside of that, pre-fights can come in clutch in boss fights if you don't want to actually use MF to quest.
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    He’s a solid champ
    I got him duped 6* Rank 3
    He makes fun of opponents if got fully ramped up in a fight
    He can evade their basic attacks and diminish the damage of their special attacks by 70%
    He doesn’t need any synergy to be great but synergy make him more dangerous (Shehulk one was the best)
    If he’s dupe then you’ll fill your power bar very frequently and keep spamming those sp2/3 to compensate the lower base attacks

He can Reverse Heal, Reduce power gain and reduce enemies DoT debuffs.
    What more you can ask from a champ 🧐
    People only want high damage champs but tbh he’s much of an enjoyable champ
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I've got a r2 sig 60 6* Mister F, and I quite like him. He has great power control, both in the form of power gain and power rate, once ramped up. He can also reverse healing, especially with the despair mastery. He can reduce the damage of special attacks by 75%, and you can increase that even more by applying the sp1 taunt, which reduces special attack damage by 40%. This taunt is great utility, as it is 9 seconds. I used it in a path in 6.4.3 today where I needed the taunt to get the opponent to not throw an sp3. He also has a nice stagger on his sp1, which is unique for a science champ. While you're building him up, every debuff you place on the opponent will result in big damage gains off the sp3 fury. Parry before the sp3 for an extra damage boost. After the sp3, you should have a pretty massive fury for 20 seconds, and when awakened Mister F can spam heavies to gain extra power to cycle another sp3. His evade, DOT potency reduction, and shock debuffs can come in handy at times as well, although I never really use them as my primary use for Mister F. Overall, Mister F is a very versatile champ who can do a lot of things, albeit none the best. He is, however, a fantastic synergy champ. Those power stings are amazing. My main point against Mister F is his heavy attack reach. For the stretchiest man in MCOC and a champion who relies on heavy attacks to refresh debuffs, his heavy attack is very underwhelming. He really should have more reach, but you can still play him without the reach, just make sure you parry at least once every 12 seconds.

Sorry that this is longer than 100 words, but with Mister F being a very complex champ, I felt he required a longer explanation.
  • Options
    This is much appreciated. I feel slightly better and need to work with him a bit, especially as regards my R2 Doom.

Thanks—A+ for responsiveness, maybe like a C- for prolixity. ;)

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    not sure why it's a disappointment to you .. Mr. Fantastic is fantastic. Once you use him and understand his works, he's quite useful and he packs a sizeable punch too. His evade is highly underrated and his ability to control debuffs as well ... I haven't even mentioned his synergies ... but they're aces too. Proper pull mate.
  • Options
    dot_dittodot_ditto Posts: 1,442 ★★★★
    For me, he's a synergy piece for Doom .. and sometimes a prefight to help out ..

I'm probably missing a hidden get .. but I do plan on ranking him up .. eventually ... O.o
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Utility beast.
  • Options

not sure why it's a disappointment to you .. Mr. Fantastic is fantastic. Once you use him and understand his works, he's quite useful and he packs a sizeable punch too. His evade is highly underrated and his ability to control debuffs as well ... I haven't even mentioned his synergies ... but they're aces too. Proper pull mate.

That’s reassuring—I’ve never spent the time on him, not because I’m a champ snob, but it’s tough when you get your roster sorted and feel comfortable with a core group of 12-15 attack champs. He always seemed to have a lot going on and you often play what you know that works for for you.

It’s good to see he’s more than just a ride-along. Thanks!

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    "With the full Fantastic Four team."

Six words. You're welcome.
  • Options

"With the full Fantastic Four team."

Six words. You're welcome.

“and another Reed”