Tire 8 Odin's Gauntlet Bug

SouTrickSouTrick Member Posts: 15
While I was playing tire 8 for the 3rd time I have come across a probable bug. I use Namor Killmonger VTD Angela & Void. While playing against Odin I find out Power draw node is not working. Howmany bleed Namor stack on Odin he failed to gain any power gain buffs. When I used him earlier it was perfectly all right. Thank god I brought my 6* Angela, Otherwise it's would have a disaster.

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Member Posts: 21,762 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    There's like 7 posts on this already. Namor doesn't have any buffs. You can't do damage without buffs. There was probably a glitch with it when it first became available and now it's fixed.
    SouTrick said:

Bleed is a DOT , isn't it ?

Yes but because you don't have more than 3 Buffs on you, you can't deal any damage. The Debuff appears but no damage is given therefore you can't trigger Power Draw.
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★

There's like 7 posts on this already. Namor doesn't have any buffs. You can't do damage without buffs. There was probably a glitch with it when it first became available and now it's fixed.

You don't seem to read well. The node says you get an energy stack buff every time you drop a damaging debuff, Namor causes bleeds and he should get them.
    The simple way is to record your gameplay with Namor from today and let us have outcome.
    YimiGotay said:

You don't seem to read well. The node says you get an energy stack buff every time you drop a damaging debuff, Namor causes bleeds and he should get them.
    You don't read very well. You also have Buffed up. No buffs-No damage. Why is everyone just ignoring this node completely?
    YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

You don't read very well. You also have Buffed up. No buffs-No damage. Why is everyone just ignoring this node completely?
    You do not understand? 3 disadvantages in odin, you get 3 advantages of accumulating power at the same time and can hurt him
    I give up. Good luck.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Member Posts: 100

The simple way is to record your gameplay with Namor from today and let us have outcome.
    I don't use namor, the owner who created the thread does, I use AA against Odin
  • SouTrickSouTrick Member Posts: 15

I haven't thought it would occur. Cz I used Namor two times yesterday and it's went as it should be.
  • YimiGotayYimiGotay Member Posts: 100
    edited March 2021
    SouTrick said:

As per the nodes any champs that can inflict DOT can easily ignore the Buffed Up. Odin goes straight into the bin.

Remember that the power gain is limited, it is not permanent and you must have 3 assets
    Yeah, you have to be cautious but I can assure you, I have undone Odin two times earlier in tire 8. Idk it's bugged earlier or its now.
    @Kabam Miike or anyone from kabam,
    can you guys please look into it ?
  • Ashok1504Ashok1504 Member Posts: 40
    @Demonzfyre I used Black widow Claire voyant! She doesn't have any buffs but because she can apply 3 debuffs on the opponent she gains a corresponding 3 power gain buffs which automatically counters the buffed up node and can easily defeat Odin. Op is asking the same but for namor. The node reads that any DOT should trigger a powergain buff to completely ignore buffed up node. And Namor doesn't gain any powergain buff for how many ever bleeds he applies. It's most probably a bug!
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    I'm not sure exactly what it is. I just tested it with my Namor and it worked. Did you have anyone dead on your team? It could possibly be the Strength in Numbers node reducing ability accuracy and not allowing you to proc the power gains.

I wish I would've recorded it because I killed Namor off, and when I used NF after, some of his bleeds were triggering the powergain and some weren't.
  • ẞlооdẞlооd Member Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

ẞlооd said:

I'm not sure exactly what it is. I just tested it with my Namor and it worked. Did you have anyone dead on your team? It could possibly be the Strength in Numbers node reducing ability accuracy and not allowing you to proc the power gains.

I wish I would've recorded it because I killed Namor off, and when I used NF after, some of his bleeds were triggering the powergain and some weren't.

No. The reaosn is persistent charges. And even if everyone was dead it does not matter since it is odin giving the power gain
    Oh for real? Damn.. I thought I was onto something lol
  • Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Member Posts: 855 ★★★★

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

You do not understand? 3 disadvantages in odin, you get 3 advantages of accumulating power at the same time and can hurt him
    I give up. Good luck.
    In easy words what everyone else is trying to say that if you apply 3 DoT debuffs on the opponent you get 3 Power gain buffs. These power gain buffs count towards the buff up node on the Odin Boss.
    This bug happened to me too op. I dashed back with my BWCV and throw a heavy into the air. It gave Odin 3 bleeds but i got only 1 Power gain buff. Whiffed a sp3 due to it. Sometime it works fine, sometimes it doesn't.

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

I give up. Good luck.
    In easy words what everyone else is trying to say that if you apply 3 DoT debuffs on the opponent you get 3 Power gain buffs. These power gain buffs count towards the buff up node on the Odin Boss.
    How I understand the counter argument is the DOT cannot work because Buff up takes precedent.

So when the attacker tries to inflict a debuff, the game first look for a condition satisfying Buffed Up. If that fails, the debuff fails and no power gains.
    edited March 2021
    @HI_guys said:

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

I give up. Good luck.
    How I understand the counter argument is the DOT cannot work because Buff up takes precedent.

So when the attacker tries to inflict a debuff, the game first look for a condition satisfying Buffed Up. If that fails, the debuff fails and no power gains.
    Demonzfyre really fooled you. Damaging debuffs is a flag. It does not matter if it actually does deal damage or not. That's like saying DrVodoo should not be able to nullify his loa buffs since they aren't actually beneficial to the person applied.
    Well, I don't think he gains by doing it.

When that YouTuber used Sunspot, his reaction to me was like "Is that a Bug that it actually works?" and then proceeded to have Sunspot killed and used DrV. This reaction is very similar to another YouTuber whose tagline was 'share it with your mama' when he also encountered a situation he thinks was a bug (I can't recall what fight it was but it was long time ago).

There is also the Strength in numbers node to consider.

@HI_guys said:

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

I give up. Good luck.

Demonzfyre really fooled you. Damaging debuffs is a flag. It does not matter if it actually does deal damage or not. That's like saying DrVodoo should not be able to nullify his loa buffs since they aren't actually beneficial to the person applied.

When that YouTuber used Sunspot, his reaction to me was like "Is that a Bug that it actually works?" and then proceeded to have Sunspot killed and used DrV. This reaction is very similar to another YouTuber whose tagline was 'share it with your mama' when he also encountered a situation he thinks was a bug (I can't recall what fight it was but it was long time ago).

So according to you it had been bugged before and now it has been fixed. Going with your words, I saw someone with Venom facing the same issue of not getting power gain on bleeds while he already had 7 buffs to counter the buffed up node.
    edited March 2021

HI_guys said:

YimiGotay said:

YimiGotay said:

I give up. Good luck.

So according to you it had been bugged before and now it has been fixed. Going with your words, I saw someone with Venom facing the same issue of not getting power gain on bleeds while he already had 7 buffs to counter the buffed up node.
    I thought he was gaining the powergain buffs but the icon was missing, which is another bug.

I am checking and clarifying because I am thinking if I need to take a champ up that can do it, bug or no bug.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited March 2021

No. YOU don't read very well. He has POWER DRAW... why are YOU ignoring this node? Power draw gives a power gain buff each time you trigger a debuff on him. The debuffs are applied even if the buffed up node is in effect. They just do ZERO damage. If you keep proccing debuffs on him (on separate occasions), you can proc 3 power gain buffs or alternatively get a dex for a buff and your DOT will do damage. The power gain buffs will qualify you to do damage for the buffed up requirement.

I've done this fight with AA and BWCV, all of whom do not gain buffs naturally.

Let's be clear Buffed up does not make the defender debuff immune, it makes them take zero damage from the debuff until the attacker has 3 buffs.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Member Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021
    Power Draw: Whenever the attacker inflicts the defender with a DAMAGING DEBUFF, the attacker is granted a power gain BUFF increasing defensive combat power rate by 10% for 10 seconds.

That is the node.

Bleed, poison, degen, shock, incinerate, etc are all damaging debuffs. This means they should provide you with a buff. Three bleeds from namor should allow the attacker to qualify for being able to do damage as per the restriction placed by the buffed up node. This worked just fine yesterday, isn't working today for lots of folks.

The node is bugged. Let's not get confused here. That is a fact.
    Thanks folks, I really appreciate your time to enlighten the matter. Its been very clear to me now it's a bug.
    Let's not defame anybody here. Everyone has their own opinion. Thanks again
    The bug be like ....
    " You are unworthy of these realms, you're unworthy of your title, you're unworthy of the Nodes... of the loved ones you have betrayed! I now take from you your power! In the name of my father and his father before, I, Odin Allfather, cast you out !"

Boom a feather is gone. lol :D