Closing in on Breaker of Thrones

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Member Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

So I've already explored 6.1 and 6.3 a while ago, I've been slowly chipping away at 6.4 since December (took a 2 month break in between), but I'm nearly done. I've been hovering around 150 units throughout my entire journey exploring 6.4, as I spend units on revives and energy refills and make them back through completing the quests. No arena 4 me cuz arena waste of time.

But onto the topic at hand, how many units/revives should I save up for the GM? I have 5 paths, and I would assume I'll get better at fighting him each time (hopefully I'll get a solo at some point).

Then when 6.4 is done, I'll hop into 6.2, get Act 6 100%, and achieve breaker of thrones.

Side note, who are my best options for the GM?

I'll be opening all my 6 star shards in 7 days when the basic pool is updated with the likes of CGR and Apoc. I'm specifically hunting a great mystic champion, as I have a mystic t5cc waiting, but no mystic 6 stars I would be interested in taking to r3: Dormammu and Man-Thing. I should have around 35k 6 star shards by then if I get 6.4 done in time. If not, I'll have 2 crystals.

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Member Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Best for gm is colosuss hands down. With omega red preferably. He's tanky, and can do all the prompts of collecter. And his damage goes really high too

Yeah I used Colo w/ Omega for completion, and he worked quite well. Do you know of any good backup options in case I mess up?
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    I would reccomend maybe 1k units to explore the rest of 6.4, to be safe, and your best options for GM are Colossus and Cap IW, Corvus is also good but harder to do because you don’t run suicides.
    Mcdonalds said:

The Cav eq is now giving out t5cc so if you’re going back into the game, I think that’s what ya should do

I’ve been grinding it out, almost got the t5cc hopefully by the end of the month

Yeah I did cav eq this month already but I'm saving the nexus, I have no immediate need for any specific t5cc. I'll see what I get from my next 6* opening then decide if I wanna open it. 6.4 100% will give a 25% crystal, that could change things for me. Hoping to get a mutant from that to r3 Cable or a skill to r3 unawakened Nick Fury. Science would get me closer to r3 Torch.

I would reccomend maybe 1k units to explore the rest of 6.4, to be safe, and your best options for GM are Colossus and Cap IW, Corvus is also good but harder to do because you don’t run suicides.

Thanks I guess I'll have to do a bit of arena then, I'll bring Colo w/ Omega cuz that recommendation has come up more than once.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Best for gm is colosuss hands down. With omega red preferably. He's tanky, and can do all the prompts of collecter. And his damage goes really high too

Yeah I used Colo w/ Omega for completion, and he worked quite well. Do you know of any good backup options in case I mess up?
    Honestly I just revived colossus. And it gets better if you practice with one champ. For my first ever run it was a thousand units but in one of my exploration runs I used just one revive.

Omega red is good for the first phase since you can get those Interceots with his tentacles easily. And I suppose nick will be good too since he has buffer health
    Good idea, guess I'll have to stock up some revives then. I'll make sure I'm boosted too to get some extra damage in.
    Mcdonalds said:

Mcdonalds said:

The Cav eq is now giving out t5cc so if you’re going back into the game, I think that’s what ya should do

I’ve been grinding it out, almost got the t5cc hopefully by the end of the month

Yeah I did cav eq this month already but I'm saving the nexus, I have no immediate need for any specific t5cc. I'll see what I get from my next 6* opening then decide if I wanna open it. 6.4 100% will give a 25% crystal, that could change things for me. Hoping to get a mutant from that to r3 Cable or a skill to r3 unawakened Nick Fury. Science would get me closer to r3 Torch.
    That makes sense. Those crystals could help a bit if things go South, so pretty glad they made that change.

Torch max sig?

Torch unawakened :(
    edited March 2021
    HI_guys said:

And there's a nasty nebula in the Darkhawk quest. How you plan to deal with her?

I'll use Medusa to shut her abilities and power off, anyways I'll be using Medusa for the Darkhawk boss right after

On Nebula, that path seems pretty tough. Who do you think I should bring for stunning reflection + critical resistance? I was thinking Torch and Claire cuz they shut off the node, maybe Mole Man as well? I really don't know, the critical resistance is massive as well.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

And there's a nasty nebula in the Darkhawk quest. How you plan to deal with her?

I'll use Medusa to shut her abilities and power off, anyways I'll be using Medusa for the Darkhawk boss right after

On Nebula, that path seems pretty tough. Who do you think I should bring for stunning reflection + critical resistance? I was thinking Torch and Claire cuz they shut off the node, maybe Mole Man as well? I really don't know, the critical resistance is massive as well.
    I used sentinel and Claire. Both have reliable incinerates.for nebula I sister of magik and manager a solo somehow with a lot of backdrafts.
    Thanks, I'll keep Sentinel in mind as I have him at r4. Critical setup sounds really annoying, fights will take very long.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Member Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Lmao you making fun of sinister but he’s arguably the best GM counter who’s laughing now

Lmao you making fun of sinister but he’s arguably the best GM counter who’s laughing now

Wait so should I genuinely rank up my r1 5* Sinister? 😂

I wouldn't really mind doing it cuz he synergizes with Apoc, I'll just never use him elsewhere.
  • H3t3rH3t3r Member, Guardian Posts: 2,882 Guardian
    I used a built up aegon and corvus for the gm when I 100% that quest. Usually took me about 3 to 6 revives per run.
  • PulyamanPulyaman Member Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Wait so should I genuinely rank up my r1 5* Sinister? 😂

I wouldn't really mind doing it cuz he synergizes with Apoc, I'll just never use him elsewhere.
    No, don't use Sinister for GM unless you are planning to do the whole path. He hits like a noodle and the reverse control phase is the only one where he shines.
    Watch Brian Grant's GM take down with colossus and he explains clearly why he is a great option for that fight. I used all the champs because he does not need 1 specific champ. The paths are really not that difficult overall.
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

I used sentinel and Claire. Both have reliable incinerates.for nebula I sister of magik and manager a solo somehow with a lot of backdrafts.
    Stark spidey works great too. Taunt can help you bait specials and bypasses all or nothing
    HI_guys said:

Pulyaman said:

HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

Stark spidey works great too. Taunt can help you bait specials and bypasses all or nothing
    I thought of that. But magik worked in the end so didn't get to try
    Still trying to get magik as 5 star. rng is really fun sometimes.
  • Forum_God_715Forum_God_715 Member Posts: 20
    Nick and Horseman Col can do really well! Also, hype too. Also, you should probs prepare like 6 revives for your second path, and figure out how many revives you'll need per path from there. Also, hope you pull someone good! Also, you're not bouta win this breaker of thrones race lol!!!!!!!
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Member Posts: 2,302 ★★★★★
    I used doom on him ( just explored 6.4.6 yesterday) he got him down pretty neat each run. But collosus is really good aswell
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Member Posts: 927 ★★★★
    Use mole god
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Member Posts: 7,424 ★★★★★

But onto the topic at hand, how many units/revives should I save up for the GM? I have 5 paths, and I would assume I'll get better at fighting him each time (hopefully I'll get a solo at some point).

I farmed RoL for a week to fill my stash, running it many times a day. I used about 15 revives, mostly because I'm a scrub, and almost all of my potions, but no units.

The key IMO is learning what you need to do and need NOT to do in each phase. Also using a champ that is immune to reverse controls makes a huge difference (got thru phase 3 with only one death using Prof X, and that death was only because I'm a scrub), although I know that is not possible for many players.

Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately I don't have Prof X so I can't use him for the reversed controls phase, and I don't really think I'm gonna invest resources in Mister Sinister. I used like 4 revives I think, with most of them coming in the reversed controls phase. I really don't like that phase :joy:. Although I know for sure I could've prevented the use of the other revives, as some were silly mistakes (I took the path where 3 blunders get you KOed, making it higher stakes).

Thanks for the tips guys. Unfortunately I don't have Prof X so I can't use him for the reversed controls phase, and I don't really think I'm gonna invest resources in Mister Sinister. I used like 4 revives I think, with most of them coming in the reversed controls phase. I really don't like that phase :joy:. Although I know for sure I could've prevented the use of the other revives, as some were silly mistakes (I took the path where 3 blunders get you KOed, making it higher stakes).

Don't invest only for reverse controls phase. if you time it right, you should be able to hit reverse controls during wounded phase and reverse controls wont make much of a difference then.