**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Nerfing Odin already.

13»

Comments

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

I feel like people have the timeline all wrong on this, saying that the interaction with Ghost was known prior to crystal sales going live. Both Brian Grant and Seatin posted videos about it, but neither were posted right at the jump when Kabam’s content embargo lifted. Brian was the first one to discover this, and he didn’t post his video about it until at least 9 hours after crystal sales were already live.

I don’t think Kabam knew about this interaction prior to selling Odin crystals. I don’t think the vast majority of the player base knew about it until after having bought them. I also cannot stress enough that this change does not impact you unless you pulled multiple rarities of Odin, specifically both the 5* and 6* Odin if you’re talking about high-end story content. Kabam’s response to an unintended game-breaking interaction, in my opinion, is very good. I hope the next new champion is cool.

This is correct, no one knew you could stack the buffs with multiple Odins until after the preview bundle was long gone from the store.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,902 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

I feel like people have the timeline all wrong on this, saying that the interaction with Ghost was known prior to crystal sales going live. Both Brian Grant and Seatin posted videos about it, but neither were posted right at the jump when Kabam’s content embargo lifted. Brian was the first one to discover this, and he didn’t post his video about it until at least 9 hours after crystal sales were already live.

I don’t think Kabam knew about this interaction prior to selling Odin crystals. I don’t think the vast majority of the player base knew about it until after having bought them. I also cannot stress enough that this change does not impact you unless you pulled multiple rarities of Odin, specifically both the 5* and 6* Odin if you’re talking about high-end story content. Kabam’s response to an unintended game-breaking interaction, in my opinion, is very good. I hope the next new champion is cool.

This is correct, no one knew you could stack the buffs with multiple Odins until after the preview bundle was long gone from the store.
    Feel like this should be a bigger part of the conversation. People didn’t even know about this when they were buying him, therefore they have no right to be angry about money they spent.

Kabam isn’t nerfing synergies or potency of his pre-fights, and they are in fact buffing his in-fight abilities and possibly those same pre-fights y’all are yelling about.

Take a breath, wait it out, and if the changes to Odin are that bad then you can come back with your torches and pitchforks.
  • LinguettiLinguetti Posts: 9
    Jeez man it's like literally everyone has never played a long term supported game like this before. These changes have to happen, we all love when reworks like moleman's and magneto's come out, but everyone loses their mind when the opposite happens. This is a VITAL part of game balance in a game like this.
    You cannot have a 24 buff Ghost in incursions, not even getting into the **** that could be pulled in AW with prefights like this. Why would you even want that in the game? It helps only those who get lucky in feature crystals and will be a huge step towards making this game even more pay to win at the highest PVP level than it already is.
    If you want to get mad at someone get mad at yourself for ignoring all the signs that this change would be coming. Yes, he'll still be a good support champ, yes as far as we know his synergies will stay, and yes he will be getting a personal buff, and YES Kabam is giving out compensation. Normally this would be cause for universal praise. I mean c'mon guys...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Feel like this should be a bigger part of the conversation. People didn’t even know about this when they were buying him, therefore they have no right to be angry about money they spent.

Kabam isn’t nerfing synergies or potency of his pre-fights, and they are in fact buffing his in-fight abilities and possibly those same pre-fights y’all are yelling about.

Take a breath, wait it out, and if the changes to Odin are that bad then you can come back with your torches and pitchforks.
    Facts usually aren't part of these conversations because then people wouldn't have anything to complain about.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Honestly outside of early players with limited rosters and the council of Reeds, I never liked the idea of multiples of the same character on the team, plus after the continued threads of desired integrity when it comes to legends runs and equal participation in Incursions and fair and balance in Alliance War, now suddenly this is a problem? Everyone loves fighting for the integrity of the game until you have an exploit that can make your life easier... Ridiculous.

Still I'm glad he's getting a buff.
  • JonnySnowJonnySnow Posts: 117
    It made Ghost completely broken lol I’d say it’s a fair understandable adjustment considering the overlook of how it would affect her and make her completely obliterate the contest.

I’ll take this Odin tweak over a Ghost nerf all day.
  • PascalGambitPascalGambit Posts: 47
    If you hail from the UK and are unsure of your consumer rights in such situations, remember the mnemonic SAD FART:

Satisfactory Quality,
    As
    Described
    Fit for Purpose
    And Last a
    Reasonable Length of
    Time

Got my refund and that too without sanction or any punitive action taken against my account..