**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Other than Heimdall Is there any synergies that Grant a non passive fury buff to anyone?

HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
I’m currently working 6.2.2 and have Heimdall but no Angela so my roster is very Limited. I can get through the previous fights easy but it’s the Poison node that gets me because I need champs with Furies.

I just want to know if there are any synergies that give fury buffs (non passive) to anyone

Comments

• odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
    Kang and Apocalypse?
  • TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

You could just use a champ that’s immune to poison

even if there's someone who is a poison immune (say Nebula), it's very hard to deal lots of damage to Mr. Sinister without a fury buff. The best counters for that node are CMM and Hyperion. Do you have either of those, OP?
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

even if there's someone who is a poison immune (say Nebula), it's very hard to deal lots of damage to Mr. Sinister without a fury buff. The best counters for that node are CMM and Hyperion. Do you have either of those, OP?
    Sadly no
  • SpinnakerSpinnaker Posts: 271 ★★★
    Do you have Dragon Man, Guilly 2099, or Mojo?
    Spinnaker said:

Do you have Dragon Man, Guilly 2099, or Mojo?

I have all 3
    I will definitely give these a try thank you

SWORD78 said:

The node is that if they don’t have a fury I do 90% less damage.
    I did it without a fury buff, used cap IW and turned off dex

How did you do it? Shouldn’t Cap IW be getting Poisoned?
    SWORD78 said:

SWORD78 said:

The node is that if they don’t have a fury I do 90% less damage.
    I did it without a fury buff, used cap IW and turned off dex

How did you do it? Shouldn’t Cap IW be getting Poisoned?
    At max sig he can shrug off a debuff for one kinetic charge if there is a skill champ on the team
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    What's wrong with Medusa?
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    "Non passive fury buff"? What?

Passive Fury Buffs don’t count toward the node so they are seemingly useless

What's wrong with Medusa?

Don’t have her duped
    edited March 2021

SWORD78 said:

Passive Fury Buffs don’t count toward the node so they are seemingly useless
    So, fury buffs is what you are looking for.
    Passive buffs is not a correct term to use in this game

They are still technically buffs

Take for instance Cap IW or Hulk Rag Awakened

They gain Passive Fury Buffs but because they are Passive they do not interact with nodes
    That’s why I said Non Passive Fury Buffs because they do not interact with the node
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 ★★★★★
    No, they technically gain no buff there. They gain a passive ability that increases their damage
    solopolo said:

There is no such thing as normal/passive buffs/debuffs. There are 3 types of effects: buffs, debuffs, and passives. Buffs and debuffs are bordered icons, and passives are not bordered. The only difference between passives, buffs and debuffs, that isn't specified on each individual effects or in a champion's abilities, is that passives are not considered buffs or debuffs.

Passives cannot be nullified because they are not buffs, so unless an ability specifies that it nullifies passives, or that it nullifies all "effects", not buffs, it can't nullify passives. CapIW specifies that he can only nullify unstoppable buffs, which passive unstoppables are not. And shruggers will specify that they shrug off debuffs, which again, passives are not. Any effect can be buff/debuff or passive, and it will work the exact same way regardless, the only difference being whether or not it's considered a buff/debuff or not.

I'll drop this quote from https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/171196/definition-of-buffs-debuffs-vs-passive-buffs-debuffs
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    OML + Prof X ramped could probably do it.
    Spinnaker said:

solopolo said:

There is no such thing as normal/passive buffs/debuffs. There are 3 types of effects: buffs, debuffs, and passives. Buffs and debuffs are bordered icons, and passives are not bordered. The only difference between passives, buffs and debuffs, that isn't specified on each individual effects or in a champion's abilities, is that passives are not considered buffs or debuffs.

Passives cannot be nullified because they are not buffs, so unless an ability specifies that it nullifies passives, or that it nullifies all "effects", not buffs, it can't nullify passives. CapIW specifies that he can only nullify unstoppable buffs, which passive unstoppables are not. And shruggers will specify that they shrug off debuffs, which again, passives are not. Any effect can be buff/debuff or passive, and it will work the exact same way regardless, the only difference being whether or not it's considered a buff/debuff or not.

I'll drop this quote from https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/171196/definition-of-buffs-debuffs-vs-passive-buffs-debuffs
    Well my apologies will-o-wisp
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

OML + Prof X ramped could probably do it.

Phoenix and Unstoppable Colossus too
    Edit: in theory. Haven't done it with these champs myself.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,623 ★★★★★
    Used crossbones before the act 6 nerf
  • Salve_maker05Salve_maker05 Posts: 407 ★★★
    I’m on the same quest and I’m going to have to try dragon man 5* r3 if quake and Cap IW fail

I’m on the same quest and I’m going to have to try dragon man 5* r3 if quake and Cap IW fail

Lmao I have Dragon Man 5* Rank 4 that ima try it with