**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mole Man Is Better Than CMM

2»

Comments

• KevanproGKevanproG Posts: 308 ★★
    Why compare him to CMM I can understand why people compare Mole God to Corvus but why CMM
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,085 ★★★★★
    I compared threes 2 due to similar play style, Karnak and hit monkey could be considered skill corvus’s but mole man has the same approach as CMM, spam heavy, into an sp2, but he’s more efficient on nodes such as limber, stun immune if you fire an sp1, the easy access to heavies is very helpful. I mainly posted this to see all the disagrees btw.
    Will3808 said:

CMM has completely different utility than mole man. And she also melts fights way faster than mole man.

ah so troll post was right

Nah I actually meant this, but the forums is so filled with snow flakes that I wanted to trigger a few, it worked haha.
    Hazzalec1 said:

They’re definitely different champions. But I get why you’re saying they’re similar, in that you need to use heavy attacks to keep up their charges - as they expire when they’re in their respective damage phase, both have unblockable specials, both purify debuffs, both are really fun to play. Personally I prefer cmm, however I also really like mole man. His true accuracy is an awesome piece of utility, and his unstoppable on block is really nice. The shock immunity is useful in some scenarios, debuff shrug is pretty nice. Also if you put points in stand your ground, you can actually block unblockable attacks, which is another nice piece of utility. But without it, you can still block heavy attacks which is cool.

I like his bleeds. Feels Symbiote supreme-esque. They don’t tick super hard but they stack so much that it all adds up. Guaranteed crits are also great, to know that your special is GOING to crit and it’s going to deal a lot of damage, unlike champs like red guardian whose special 2 doesn’t crit that often, and it doesn’t feel great because the damage isn’t often there. Whereas mole man always has that damage in frenzy. And it’s super to keep up with heavy attacks. Plus that unstoppable on block makes it easier on stun immune to counter attack, with a medium, light or heavy attack.

Speaking of, that unstoppable on the block is excellent for a lot of situations as it counts as an intercept. It almost feels like ghost and how she intercepts after the opponent attacks into her. It’s a really cool ability to have and I use it quite often.

Sp2 is unblockable. Can’t go wrong with unblockable specials.

Cmm also has an unblockable sp2 on the beam hits so that’s nice. But I think I prefer cmm because of 3 main reasons.
    1. Her heavy has more reach than mole man. I’ve found that often mole man’s heavy is too short to be able to counter heavy attacks, even after a light attack whiff. However cmm gets that heavy counter the majority of the time. Plus, as a bonus, cmm gets the pulverising armour and stun when she performs a heavy counter.
    2. Indestructible. This is awesome. Tank recoil, tank passive damage, debuff damage if she didn’t shrug it from going binary, it’s just so useful.
    3. Damage. Those fury buffs give her a hefty amount of a damage increase. She hits hard. Very hard.

Some other things I love about her:
    - She has armour break. It’s pretty useful for stuff like killmonger, ghost and Emma frost. Get an intercept off for that guaranteed armour break is really nice.
    - She’s poison immune. So yeah.
    - she gains power at the start of the fight for each persistent charge. This is really nice as it’s a good kickstart to each fight, as you take a parry or two, drop a combo and throw a huge sp2. It happens so quickly at the start of the fight that she mows down stuff so quickly.
    - her sp2’s true damage and stun. This might not seem like a huge deal but true damage is awesome. Gets through resistances and armour. Plus stun means you can go in and get a few heavy attacks off to replenish your binary.

As for the purify, I think mole man’s is slightly better. He can do it from the fight start up until he goes into frenzy, whereas captain Marvel only purifies debuffs upon entering binary. If we’re talking purify alone, I think mole man has a better purify. With that being said, factoring in that indestructible that negates the debuff damage you would be taking, as well as debuffs extending her charge duration, I think she takes the edge on that front about debuffs in those specific scenarios when you’re entering your damage phase.

I love mole man. But I love cmm more. This is my opinion. Please don’t hate lol

This was a valid argument though.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    You'll get attacked for this but you're spot on. Mole God is much better than CMM.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Mole man is dope, but he is most defintley not better than cmm.
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

You'll get attacked for this but you're spot on. Mole God is much better than CMM.

no, he's not lmao. without frenzy, he hits like a noodle and when he's in frenzy he has absolutely no utility and CMM obviously outdamages him. At least CMM has her utility without sacrificing damage. I say this as someone who has them both r5, the only time I chose to use him in act 6 so far was the shock + spectre lane in 6.1.6

Oh I was looking forward to that lol

no, he's not lmao. without frenzy, he hits like a noodle and when he's in frenzy he has absolutely no utility and CMM obviously outdamages him. At least CMM has her utility without sacrificing damage. I say this as someone who has them both r5, the only time I chose to use him in act 6 so far was the shock + spectre lane in 6.1.6
    Alright, so when in frenzy he is guaranteed to crit and bleed the opponent, and the bleeds stack, but that’s not utility. He is shock immune and has easy access to both intercepts and heavies. Mole man can also place shock, if that’s useful in any situation, most likely not in our current meta. While his damage isn’t the best while he isn’t in frenzy, I like to hold off on the sp2 and keep the true accuracy buff, then enter frenzy and have an unblockable sp2 prepared. I find the guardian synergy very useful to minimize block damage and retain monster mass.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Bruh Mole Man can keep true strike the entire fight even in frenzy as long as he's under 10 MM when activating frenzy, also he can keep up shock debuffs the entire fight, crit the entire fight, apply bleeds the entire fight, have free unstoppable intercepts. He's got quite a lot of utility even in frenzy. The main thing he loses is his debuff shrugging which is kinda annoying but if you ever need him for debuff shrug you can play him in non-frenzy mode.

Mole man is dope, but he is most defintley not better than cmm.

That’s just me being biased mainly. I find both champs very similar and mole man with a better play style of the 2, and a versatile kit.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Bruh Mole Man can keep true strike the entire fight even in frenzy as long as he's under 10 MM when activating frenzy, also he can keep up shock debuffs the entire fight, crit the entire fight, apply bleeds the entire fight, have free unstoppable intercepts. He's got quite a lot of utility even in frenzy. The main thing he loses is his debuff shrugging which is kinda annoying but if you ever need him for debuff shrug you can play him in non-frenzy mode.
    Once that true accuracy bug gets fixed, moleman loses more than 50% of his relevant utility.
    Haji_Saab said:

Kill_Grey said:

Once that true accuracy bug gets fixed, moleman loses more than 50% of his relevant utility.
    I don't think so .. if you look at some of masters wars MODOK boss soloes, the players sometimes never trigger frenzy and still get the boss down pretty quickly.

In current protect AW meta, Moleman is miles ahead of CMM.
    Slays the f4 with doom synergy as well
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I like how you mention that he can take out 6.3.1 Medusa as if it's something special. CMM can also take a bunch of act 6/7 bosses

I like how you mention that he can take out 6.3.1 Medusa as if it's something special. CMM can also take a bunch of act 6/7 bosses

He could probably take more, I found that quest a pain in the ass personally,
  • DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★
    No
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

True Strike is currently bugged. Bu yea as someone said above, he still has solid-enough damage output while not in Frenzy. People use him in Alliance Wars all the time without activating frenzy.
    He can take 6.2.5 mordo, that’s where he shines. As of 6.3.2 nick fury, that could be a tricky fight to bait heavies and intercept with a heavy, I think it could be manageable
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

Kerneas said:

CMM is overrated, but I can't really compare these 2

Na fam, CMM isn't overrated lol
    I own her as sig 100+ 5*5/65. She is awesome, but I think people put too much value in her. I play no suicides tho. Again, great great champ but overrated
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    He is easier to keep in frenzy than CMM is in binary but CMM also doesn't lose utility when in Binary like Molegod does in Frenzy.