**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What should I do with my masteries?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited March 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I’ve been saving up units for a while to unlock more masteries and I’ve got a little over 7000 now. I don’t want to unlock suicides because it’s really costly and I don’t want to deal with recoil. So here’s my current masteries.

I’ve got all my extra mastery points currently in greater strength and and a few others spread across offense. So what should I unlock? Thanks.

Here’s the top of my roster if that helps.

Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    I'm not a mastery expert, but I would unlock as much willpower as you can, and go for the bleed suicide first. Ghost, Guardian, BWCV, and CGR are all bleed immune or resistant in one way or another. I would just unlock recoil but not put any points into it.
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    I think you should get rid of Lower Cruelty, get Glass Cannon, get Willpower (maybe), and then get Despair and Assassins (maybe Deep Wounds since you have Medusa and Nick). Something along those lines depending on what you think you need IMO.
    edited March 2021

I'm not a mastery expert, but I would unlock as much willpower as you can, and go for the bleed suicide first. Ghost, Guardian, BWCV, and CGR are all bleed immune or resistant in one way or another. I would just unlock recoil but not put any points into it.

He said he doesn't want suicides. Plus half/partial suicides are really not worth it for recoil.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    I’ve recently unlocked Will power and it’s really helpful
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    edited March 2021

I think you should get rid of Lower Cruelty, get Glass Cannon, get Willpower (maybe), and then get Despair and Assassins (maybe Deep Wounds since you have Medusa and Nick). Something along those lines depending on what you think you need IMO.

@MrInsanity how many points would you put into each of those?
    edited March 2021
    Will3808 said:

@MrInsanity how many points would you put into each of those?
    I would say it really just depends on what you want. Since right now you would only have 10 or so extra points I would prioritize is 4/5 minimum Assassins, 4/5 minimum Deep Wounds, and max Willpower (this might a little controversial but I think Willpower is on par with those masteries). After that try and get 2/3 minimum Despair, then if you have any left invest in Petrify and Glass Cannon.

And honestly, looking closer, I would take out the points in stand your ground and the other one right before that (which I think is perfect block) since to me those are rarely useful, also get rid of that one point in Pierce, that one point in Energy resistance, get rid of max Salve, and maybe get rid of the one point that is after Parry. Personally I feel Pacify is not useful as well so I would focus on Petrify more. You could put those extra points into Despair and/or Willpower, but at the end of the day it is all up to you and what you think is the best.
  • Six_strings6Six_strings6 Posts: 223 ★★
    Take 8 points out of greater strength and the points out of the fury masteries. Would definitely recommend glass cannon and recovery at the least. At the stage in the game you are now salve really isn’t worth it. Then I would recommend despair and deep wounds since you have an r5 nick
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★

Glass cannon is a must without suicides
    Salve has funny numbers, better invest into recovery, if you have any regen champ. Or (even better) do not use both at all
    Feel free to run lower limber, it's mostly for aw. Can use extra points in deep wounds or assassin
    Unfazed is pretty useless, don't open it. I still run it only because I wasted units in it and don't really need any other mastery
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Willpower is op, unlock it ASAP, I’d also invest in despair and deep wounds since you don’t want suicides and you have Nick
  • BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★

• MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    Will3808 said:

I’ve been saving up units for a while to unlock more masteries and I’ve got a little over 7000 now. I don’t want to unlock suicides because it’s really costly and I don’t want to deal with recoil. So here’s my current masteries.

I’ve got all my extra mastery points currently in greater strength and and a few others spread across offense. So what should I unlock? Thanks.

Here’s the top of my roster if that helps.

Personally, I’d take out the 8 points you have in greater strength, as well as that 1 in pierce and 2 in lesser cruelty. Unlock glass cannon, recoil, DE and LC. Put 3 in LC and 3 in DE, then 1 in glass cannon and 1 in recoil. Take the points out of the extended and enhanced fury masteries, and put 1 in despair for now.

I’d take 2 out of salve and put 3/3 recovery. Then unlock willpower and put 3 in there.

Oh and take 1 out of energy resistance and then either put it in coagulate (mainly for that guardian to boost his bleed resistance slightly more) or put it in despair or deep wounds.

I believe that should leave you with 0 points. That’s what I think.