Options

Current Event Quest Master Difficulty is a joke (not for the reasons you think)

I'm actually half-tempted to post this as a bug, because there is no possible way this could be right...

Contest of Realms master difficulty unlocks at Summoner level 25, same as Heroic, has a team rating of 5500, but has enemies at 8K+ (going as high as 15K). That is HILARIOUSLY lop-sided to the point that unless you've whaled this game you have no chance. Not to mention that the rewards seem to be laughable to someone who could actually build a team to take on the quest at that difficulty.

I know I can drop down to Heroic and I'll definitely do that in the future. But you're clearly misleading the player into thinking they can do content they are clearly not capable of handling. That was not fun, not fun at all.

And when a game is not fun... then there's something dangerously wrong.

Comments

• Options
    PocketNerdPocketNerd Posts: 43
    edited April 2021
    Zan0 said:

No one tell this guy about cavalier difficulty

Yes I'm fully aware that there's stuff even tougher and that eventually you do get strong enough to handle the content. Can you actually pay attention to what I say please?

For example, I don't have that particular difficulty unlocked because my summoner level isn't high enough. And I imagine by your "lolz" comment for good reason. Having both Heroic AND Master unlock at the same time when your team (assuming you haven't whaled) clearly wouldn't be strong enough just gives the false impression that the content is appropriate for what you currently have.
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    The rewards arguably are trash for that level of commitment and difficulty.

Just curious tho, what’s your roster look like?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,074 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

No one tell this guy about cavalier difficulty

Yes I'm fully aware that there's stuff even tougher and that eventually you do get strong enough to handle the content. Can you actually pay attention to what I say please?

For example, I don't have that particular difficulty unlocked because my summoner level isn't high enough. And I imagine by your "lolz" comment for good reason. Having both Heroic AND Master unlock at the same time when your team (assuming you haven't whaled) clearly wouldn't be strong enough just gives the false impression that the content is appropriate for what you currently have.
    It's called growth. Do the parts you can until you can make it through the entire quest. Just because the difficulty is open for you to try, won't mean you'll be able to tackle it.

Don't pay attention to team rating or defender PI. It is really skewed. The first chapter of master is 3k defenders. Max 3* can handle those with no issues.

Back when Realm of Legends and Labyrinth of Legends came out, people were doing it with 4*'s and the recommended team is 999,9999,9999.

I fought ROL wolverine with a 3* Guillotine.
  • Options
    MSRDLD said:

The rewards arguably are trash for that level of commitment and difficulty.

Just curious tho, what’s your roster look like?

The rewards are perfectly fine for that level. What would you expect to see?
  • Options
    edited April 2021

-snip-

It's called growth. Do the parts you can until you can make it through the entire quest. Just because the difficulty is open for you to try, won't mean you'll be able to tackle it.

Don't pay attention to team rating or defender PI. It is really skewed. The first chapter of master is 3k defenders. Max 3* can handle those with no issues.

Back when Realm of Legends and Labyrinth of Legends came out, people were doing it with 4*'s and the recommended team is 999,9999,9999.

Again, I get. I know I need to build up my team. What you're not understanding is that both Heroic and Master unlock AT THE SAME TIME and Master in particular recommends a certain team rating that without further explanation or understanding gives the impression that the difficulty is doable. And since I was feeling pretty comfortable with completing content on Heroic I thought I would be strong enough for Master since I could be a team that would match or exceed the recommended rating. But instead got shafted out of an item you can only get ONCE A DAY because of the mismatched expectation of difficulty spike.

But I'm starting to sound like a broken record here. Was kinda hoping this community would be different from most other Gacha communities but it seems like ANY time you try to bring up balance or gameplay issues the only valid response is "lol, git good".
  • Options

-snip-

Again, I get. I know I need to build up my team. What you're not understanding is that both Heroic and Master unlock AT THE SAME TIME and Master in particular recommends a certain team rating that without further explanation or understanding gives the impression that the difficulty is doable. And since I was feeling pretty comfortable with completing content on Heroic I thought I would be strong enough for Master since I could be a team that would match or exceed the recommended rating. But instead got shafted out of an item you can only get ONCE A DAY because of the mismatched expectation of difficulty spike.

But I'm starting to sound like a broken record here. Was kinda hoping this community would be different from most other Gacha communities but it seems like ANY time you try to bring up balance or gameplay issues the only valid response is "lol, git good".
    I understand what you're saying. I am saying they unlock on purpose. It gives you the opportunity to try it and test your skill. And yes, you're going to get a lot of the "git gud" comments but you are setting yourself up when you come and post threads like this.

Post your roster and ask for tips. It sounds like you're incredibly new to this game. Maybe there's things people can help you with that you just don't know about yet. You'd be surprised what you can do with some champions in this game.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I understand what you're saying. I am saying they unlock on purpose. It gives you the opportunity to try it and test your skill. And yes, you're going to get a lot of the "git gud" comments but you are setting yourself up when you come and post threads like this.

Post your roster and ask for tips. It sounds like you're incredibly new to this game. Maybe there's things people can help you with that you just don't know about yet. You'd be surprised what you can do with some champions in this game.

That doesn't exactly address a clear game design issue when you can't even peak at the map to go "woah, even if my skill level is high I aint wasting a key on that!".

As for my team (though I don't see how this actually addresses the real problem), main 3-man Team right now is Ragnarok Hulk (4*, 2300~, Unawakened), Sunspot (3*, 1800~, Awakened), and Gamora (3*, ~1400, Awakened). I add Black Widow and Ebony Maw as synergy boosts for Hulk if I'm doing a 5-man team. From a skill standpoint I can typically punch about twice or three-times my power level. And I want to eventually swap out Gamora for Hela once I summon her.

And you are right, while I'm not new to the Gacha genre as a whole I am new to this game in particular. Joined a few weeks ago after my partner decided to start playing.
  • Options
    Zan0 said:

That doesn't exactly address a clear game design issue when you can't even peak at the map to go "woah, even if my skill level is high I aint wasting a key on that!".

As for my team (though I don't see how this actually addresses the real problem), main 3-man Team right now is Ragnarok Hulk (4*, 2300~, Unawakened), Sunspot (3*, 1800~, Awakened), and Gamora (3*, ~1400, Awakened). I add Black Widow and Ebony Maw as synergy boosts for Hulk if I'm doing a 5-man team. From a skill standpoint I can typically punch about twice or three-times my power level. And I want to eventually swap out Gamora for Hela once I summon her.

And you are right, while I'm not new to the Gacha genre as a whole I am new to this game in particular. Joined a few weeks ago after my partner decided to start playing.
    Sorry about my comment earlier. Those champs aren't particularly good and if you were to share your roster with us we could probably make some really valuable recommendations for you
    You say that like there's a way to quickly share it without typing out dozens or so names, ratings, and power levels.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

Zan0 said:

Sorry about my comment earlier. Those champs aren't particularly good and if you were to share your roster with us we could probably make some really valuable recommendations for you
    You say that like there's a way to quickly share it without typing out dozens or so names, ratings, and power levels.
    It's called a screenshot
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    it just takes time and practice to get better at the game. once you get really good with your top champs, then you start to be able to sustain them for long fights. i'm in 6.4.6 right now, and i'm using 10k champs to face 8 path defenders with 300k health. practice makes perfect
  • Options
    Crcrcrc said:

It's called a screenshot

More like 5, but ok. Was under the impression there was some sort of website give how quickly the response to simply "post my roster" and ignore the problem I'm bringing up entirely. (Which, again no one seems to understand, but that's beating a dead horse now).

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★

Crcrcrc said:

It's called a screenshot

More like 5, but ok. Was under the impression there was some sort of website give how quickly the response to simply "post my roster" and ignore the problem I'm bringing up entirely. (Which, again no one seems to understand, but that's beating a dead horse now).

Well for starters Mole Man and Ghost are easily your best characters, although Ghost is very difficult to use. For Mole Man just hit the opponent with 3 heavies, then let them hit your block once and you can destroy them in Frenzy mode
  • Options

I mean I don't know what else to tell you other than it's just optional. You have the option to try and work out for a major league sports team, doesn't mean you should if you know you don't have the skills to do it.

If you're able to upgrade Sunspot, mole man, kingpin, ghost, falcon and x23, they can get you through a lot of fights.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

In regards to your roster, master difficulty will most likely take you a while to complete, I'd recommend sticking to Heroic for now. Do you have masteries enabled, how close to a 5* champ, etc.

Masteries are enabled, I need 9,650 shards before I can get a 5* Champ (unless there's another method I don't know of). Here's how I've populated my Masteries.

• Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,822 Guardian
    edited April 2021

In regards to your roster, master difficulty will most likely take you a while to complete, I'd recommend sticking to Heroic for now. Do you have masteries enabled, how close to a 5* champ, etc.

Masteries are enabled, I need 9,650 shards before I can get a 5* Champ (unless there's another method I don't know of). Here's how I've populated my Masteries.

I suggest you start by unlocking dexterity in the utility tree. That is an essential mastery, you need only one point in it.
    Secondly, in the attacking tree, start by unlocking the tree to greater precision and greater cruelty. You need only 1 point in the masteries prior. Greater precision: 4 points, greater cruelty: 5 points.

This will help you evade special attacks (dexterity)
    And do a lot lot more damage (attack tree suggestions)

Thirdly, Youtubers like Seatin and Dorky Diggety Dave have some good beginner videos explaining this in greater detail. I may be doing a poor job here myself, i do suggest watching those videos.
  • Options

I suggest you start by unlocking dexterity in the utility tree. That is an essential mastery, you need only one point in it.
    Secondly, in the attacking tree, start by unlocking the tree to greater precision and greater cruelty. You need only 1 point in the masteries prior. Greater precision: 4 points, greater cruelty: 5 points.

This will help you evade special attacks (dexterity)
    And do a lot lot more damage (attack tree suggestions)

Thirdly, Youtubers like Seatin and Dorky Diggety Dave have some good beginner videos explaining this in greater detail. I may be doing a poor job here myself, i do suggest watching those videos.

Ok, I'll start saving up my units