**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Recent champions of Kabam lacks originality

wolfwolf Posts: 106
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
I don't think I am the only one who noticed this, but I am posting in case there are any player that didn't notice yet. The fact is that the recent champions of Kabam are very similar in the way you use them. Long story in short, you have to get a load of something to activate a buff and that's how they work.

Spiderman (Stark) can get a poise when evading, which gives a buff on attack.

Doctor Octavius can get a research of chemistry/biology/physicis that will have different effects each.

Green Globin can get madness/cunning, which have different effects each.

Wilson Fisk can get rage, which can eventually be turned into a buff under certain situations.

Morning Star can get souls, and the the effects depend on how many souls.

There are more, but I just wanted to point some. As you can see, they're basically the same in the end. The formula "If the champion XXXX gains a XXX that makes he get a XXX buff".

Last, but not least important, I cant forget to mention that heavy attack of recent champions always cause some buff on user or debuff on target when they hit. Heavy Attack of recent champions have some usability besides breaking defenses as they can cause conditions, unlike old champions which heavy attack are mostly used to solely break defense.

Comments

• Options
    YoungspookyYoungspooky Posts: 60
    I have to disagree man the last few champs in my opinion have been really well thought out their animations are completely original
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    I disagree. They are pretty creative. Certain formulas have to work within the template, but there are new Buffs added all the time. In terms of the observation, it wouldn't be very much of a storyline if it read:

"Apocalypse gains Metamorphasis for no reason at all, which makes him indestructible just because."
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    You hit them where it hurts lol. They are trying hard to introduce champs with "unique" mechanics and animations and you told them that it's not! You do have a point though. They all follow the same formula, even though they have different abilities and triggers. Problem is that with a game like MCoC where you have basically only 6 actions to perform—dash back/forward for evade/medium attack, tap rapidly to perform light attack, hold tap to block/heavy attack, spicial attack 1, 2 and 3—there's very little variety you can introduce. Character designers are still trying to introduce as much variety they can. You now have characters where you can't finish off a combo of you get penalized (Medusa), you have characters where you can't stay close to them or you get penalized (Mephisto), you have characters where you will be penalized if you intercept (Thor Ragnarok) and so on. These add interesting variations to the gameplay (and also cause a lot of nuisance in AW where you can put up any champ on any node making some champs almost unbeatable)