**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The most critical thing for the Miles Morales buff

CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
Evade on block. Either get rid of it, make it so that he only evade in the event he would take a hit or at least when he evades he doesn't come back in the hit zone of the defender. The current mechanic makes him one of the least playable characters.

For a mechanic like this to exist, there needs to be a payoff that justifies it. There just isn't... the payoff is that he might evade unexpectedly and land right back into a combo to the face.

There would be no point buffing a champ that no one actually wants to play.

The fact that there is a synergy that prevents evade on block is tacit acknowledgement that it is a flawed mechanic.

Here's a perfect example of why it's a problem. Cavalier EQ. The science node is entirely reliant on a well-timed block to purify poison so you can get a fury. Guess who sucks at reliably getting a well timed block until his charges run out?

Icarus and a bunch of other nodes are reliant on getting a heavy off. You could heavy counter, but what's a generally safer method for getting a heavy? Parry stun into heavy. Who can't reliably parry?

Kabam, if you're listening... one thing... just one thing before you do anything to Miles is address his evade on block.

Comments

• Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    This ability has not been present on any champion released since domino if I recall correctly, so I'm pretty sure it's something that they know sucks and are not adding to any new champion kits. It's highly likely it will be removed for the miles buff.
  • Options

Qacob said:

This ability has not been present on any champion released since domino if I recall correctly, so I'm pretty sure it's something that they know sucks and are not adding to any new champion kits. It's highly likely it will be removed for the miles buff.

Spider ham has his guaranteed evade proc on block as well but there's a payoff of being unblockable at least
    That's why I was specific about mentioning a payoff. If a champ has a downside, there must be something that makes the downside worth it. The payoff for the evade in Miles case is usually, "well you didn't take that block damage, but we bounced you right back into a combo".
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Yes please. It's a rubbish mechanic.
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

he will be getting some kind of mechanic which gives him buffs with his update. if you go to v7 final boss miles , he has increased buff duration node but has no way of getting a buff right now so its useless. its gonna be with his new update

I wonder where you found that out from.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Faseeh said:

he will be getting some kind of mechanic which gives him buffs with his update. if you go to v7 final boss miles , he has increased buff duration node but has no way of getting a buff right now so its useless. its gonna be with his new update

It's a pretty good guess. But kabam have placed champs and nodes with no relation before. Depending on the buff I will try to explore that as soon as possible. 😅
    Yea I remember a time when Dormammu was placed on nodes increasing incinerate damage or something.
  • Options
    ShaqatacShaqatac Posts: 260 ★★
    I’d love them to do something cool with his invisibility and make him like ghost or something
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Qacob said:

Spider Gwen buff had it, she can’t evade while blocking, mr fantastic also can’t evade on well times blocks
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

Faseeh said:

I wonder where you found that out from.
    Someone wrote it on the server. Idk who.I guess we'll never find out
    Wasn't me.
  • Options
    Faseeh said:

I'm not saying he's not going to gain buffs... but not sure that's a great rationale for why it would become part of his kit.

Firstly, Kabam has history of having some champs combined with nodes that have zero effect. e.g. Groot on unblockable SP2.

Secondly, when a champ gets reworked, sometimes the nodes that they're on in existing content also get a rework e.g. Crossbones. So this would be the reverse of that, they're planning ahead so that the node will already be in place for the reworked champ.

Regardless, will probably have 100% V7 before I even see the Miles rework.
  • Options
    Shaqatac said:

I’d love them to do something cool with his invisibility and make him like ghost or something

I'm just hoping it's not something that isn't 100% or can't be made 100% by sig ability. Things that are 85% or 95% chance to blah blah blah. You know that small percentage chance is gonna bite you right when you need it most.
  • Options
    BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★
    Faseeh said:

Someone wrote it on the server. Idk who.I guess we'll never find out

That was me.😆
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    I know that Kabam has said they’re trying to give Miles new animations as well. I’m guessing that he’s going to have invisibility and shock mechanics, possibly a resistance/immunity to shock as well (this is based solely on the Miles Morales PlayStation game). I’m not sure if it makes sense from a design perspective to give him both evasion and invisibility, he may just get one or the other. But I could see it being done, there’s a strong argument for it. And I love the character, I want to see him become a real force in this game (even though I don’t have him as a 6*)
  • Options

Crossbones boss was done long before buffs were a thing

Not what I was referring to.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/258646/crossbones-update-aq

And the Crossbones boss change was done end of September 2020.
    Mags buffs were done August 2020 with a dev diary releasing buff schedule around the same time.