**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can we take a break from champion buffs one month and get a mastery system overhaul instead?

IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
edited April 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Seriously, that's bordering on ridiculous and I see nobody talking about it. The system of "many different skills with much less points available" is good but the requirements make no sense. With 50 - something points available you need to allocate 15 per skill tree in weak ones, often situational and actually hardly doing anything for your champions. I think defensive one is the worst offender here, many of the early skills are universal but practically meaningless. That's over a quarter of what you get. Obvious solution would be to increase the cap but frankly, the requirement should go instead.
The ability to reset the points should also be limited to the particular skill (and ones it directly unlocks, naturally) rather than the entire tree. The way it is now moving a single skill point just burns through resources for no reason, even if it's minimal amount of them.

And if not anything mentioned above, those "coming soon" ones have been sitting back there for WAY more time than qualifies as "soon".

Comments

• IRQIRQ Posts: 304 ★★
    No_oneuk said:

Mastery system is fine, bad champions are not.

We severely need the champions balanced far more than we need masteries "fixing"

It's not like for this to happen we need to sentence War Machine to a forever stay in meme-tier limbo, that's something that could happen inbetween the champion updates.

And no, it's not fine. To have two masteries I wanted from the defensive tree I needed to spent 18 points out of 59, with 8 of them being the masteries themselves, 4 were the masteries before them I needed to unlock and 6 were a filler I needed only to fill the quota. The latter 10 ones have no impact whatsoever, positive or negative, on my gameplay. Seems to me like the system was designed with the idea of much more points being accessible, possibly when Kabam still intended to raise level cap above 60. Right now it kinda feels like a forgotten feature and it would be nice to at least get some acknowledgement that yeah, this will be worked on even if not in the near future.

Also, big thanks to people that just hit "disagree" and left the thread, your contribution of clicking a "u wrong xD" button almost convinced me :^)
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,208 ★★★★
    I wonder how many units get spent per week on mastery changes? 🤔
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    Get an incinerate version of deep wounds and call it “severe burns”, along with an incinerate version of double edge and call it “self immolation”, and then Sunspot and Human Torch might become viable.
  • Fear_of_Clowns2099Fear_of_Clowns2099 Posts: 892 ★★★
    Aburaees said:

Get an incinerate version of deep wounds and call it “severe burns”, along with an incinerate version of double edge and call it “self immolation”, and then Sunspot and Human Torch might become viable.

Are they not viable in the current meta or something? I do agree that new masteries need to come out, but just saying, Sunspot and Torch are some of the best champs in the game.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★

Aburaees said:

Are they not viable in the current meta or something? I do agree that new masteries need to come out, but just saying, Sunspot and Torch are some of the best champs in the game.
    Sorry mate, it was a tongue in cheek comment. I was just giggling at the thought of all the mystics running for deeper cover.

• TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,749 ★★★★★
    Mastery system definitely needs an overhaul, but why stop tuning and buffing old champions at the expense of it? If anything, they should do both.
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    Yo check out this recent post on masteries.
    Give it a comment if you have anything to add.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/246829/mastery-build-presets-tabs/p1

Most are with you.
    Masteries need alot of love.
    And most people agree.
    It needs streamlined and improved upon.
    The whole point allocation experience needs udated.
    &
    Coming soon mastery's have been saying that for years.
    There is a lot of potential here for building more depth into the game.