**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summoner Sit-Down: LeNoirFaineant

SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
Hey everyone! Time for another Summoner Sit-Down, this time with @LeNoirFaineant! He’s been kind enough to answer these questions. Thanks a bunch @LeNoirFaineant!

Favorite champion?

I don't know that I have one at the moment. For a long time it was Scarlet Witch, then it was Starlord. As a kid I loved Spider-Man and Frank Miller's Daredevil. I love AA because he is still amazing without any need for old champ buffs. I guess my current favorite depends on the content.

Worst class?

I think it's probably tech at the moment.

AW or AQ?

AW was my favorite part of the game for ages. I used to play in Plat 1. Then Kabam started messing with AW finding new and innovative ways to screw it up. We were taking a bit of a break and dropped down to plat 4 when they added prestige to the mix and we found ourselves stuck playing plat 1 & plat 2 groups that were all in while we were trying to run more casual war. We fell down to gold and my alliance of many years fell apart. All good but I haven't regained my enthusiasm for war. Currently running 7x5 AQ and no items war for gold 1. Pretty happy with that for now.

Best animations?

Love Warlock. I like Ebony Maw's animations despite his deficiencies. I like the way Sparky moves although I never got the 5* until fairly recently so I never got good with him.

How’s your day going?
It's early morning but the day was good. I didn't work (much) today. I'll regret it later but we've been so busy for months it's been hard to get anything else done.

How much content have you completed?
Almost done exploring 7.1. I have some act 6 exploration left and I've only done one path of the Abyss. I've done variants 1-5 100% but have some exploration left in Variant 6. I'm too busy to grind the content like I used to so I'm just chipping away at this or that when I have time.

What’s your roster look like?

662 Champs, 1,698,748 hero rating, 10,815 prestige. Not the best but decent. I'll post my 5*s and 6*s.

What got you into MCOC?

I think I downloaded it in February or March of 2016. I was just looking at games in the App store and saw it. Always liked Marvel so gave it a shot and got hooked. I've been mostly free to play the whole time but I try not to think about what I spent in lost productivity in the early days lol.

What’s your most controversial MCOC opinion?

Domino is fantastic. Really good champ. Blade has never really been overrated at any point and might be underrated now. Kabam doesn't actually look at bugs in terms of those that "benefit them" vs those which "benefit us". They make more money when the game runs well and they want it to run well. They don't actually rush to fix the latter and laze about fixing the former.

Why is that opinion that way?

I like to think it's because I'm a reasonable guy.

Name a champion you want to see in game, and explain why.

We need more villains. I always liked the Sandman in the Spider-Man comics so I'd like to see him. I'd like to see a fixed Dr. Strange in the game. Kabam promised at the time of the nerf that he'd remain a top champ, just closer to the rest of the pack. Still waiting for them to make good on that promise.

What changes do you want to see to MCOC?

I love to see War fixed in a way that made me want to play it at a high level again. I think severely restricted item use or even no item use war would be fun but Kabam will never go that route. I'd like the help button to go away. Help 10 is way better, but it's always been and continues to be glitchy. Sometimes the option to ask for help isn't there, then all your champs that you've used have it, then the game crashes trying to click it. Just get rid of it. I'd like to see more side quests that aren't grindy. Make them as hard as you like, but I don't think people like having to run them over and over again.

What makes content in MCOC fun?
I like hard content that can be completed with skill and practice. I don't mind reviving when I screw up but I don't want it to be required to complete. I like well designed fights and good stories, though I don't read the dialogue as much as I'd like to. New champs also make it fun but none of the current ways to get them are fun lol.

You can put one thing in MCOC. What is it?

I'd love to see a training room where we can pick the opponent and apply different nodes for duels.

Name one champion that you feel is underrated by the community.

I don't know about the community, but for the current state of the Forum I'd say Domino is not only underrated, she is being maligned and slandered lol. It's OK if you don't like her but that doesn't actually make her a bad champ. Blade might be underrated. He isn't what he was for sure, but he's still really good. The ability to heal on demand and to parry/bleed and power gain for healing is still very useful. But in general most champs are probably properly rated.

If you could go through any Act again for the first time, which one would you go through and why?

I think I probably enjoyed act 5 the most. Act 4 was a lot of fun as it was all 4*s but we had willpower and the old gods of the contest. Also real hurtles like slashed tires Juggs. But it was so long. I really enjoyed the process of running act 5, hitting a wall and then coming back to conquer it. Act 6 never felt that way with the hurtles being more about what 5* champs you have.

What do you hope to accomplish in the following year?

I'm going to save up 30k units. I've been in the 20s but never in the 30s. I buy the $5 unit offer and I've recently bought the sigil to save expiring t5 basics but I may have to just accept that some will expire for lack of t2 alphas. But other than the $5 card I never buy units. I also plan to 100% everything but the abyss. I think I'll wait for higher ranked 6*s for that as I don't love having no way to solo a fight.

Write a couple paragraphs explaining the utility and usability of the character you know the best.

I'm going to pick an older champ just because a lot of my newer champs I haven't really had time to master. I think Hyperion is a very well designed champ. He doesn't have to be all parry/heavy, though you play him that way at times to build furies. He has pretty constant power gain which allows you to spam SP1s for incinerate or SP2s for bigger damage and a possible stun (at which point you can fire a heavy for fury and a SP1). He is probably the easiest champ in the game to consistently intercept with specials, and if they aren't stun immune but difficult to parry, the SP2 can provide opportunities to heavy and build fury. His regen is very underrated and can be tricky to apply, but I've found the easiest way is to fire a SP3 when you have 3 or more furies and then dash back and hold. Power gain, poison immune, easy special intercept, and regen for utility, plus raw damage... what's not to like?

Any socials you’d like to plug?

Nothing comes to mind.

Once again, big thanks to @LeNoirFaineant for answering these questions!

*Straps on battle helmet and attaches protective anti-domino flame war vest*

Catch ya on the flip side
-Spidey

Comments

• Options
    RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Welcome back spidey!
  • Options
    Welcome back
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Another great sit down. Good to have you back
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    edited April 2021

LOL this part had me rolling, people hate Domino even though shes a pretty good mutant for some reason
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

LOL this part had me rolling, people hate Domino even though shes a pretty good mutant for some reason
    I think she’s neither absolutely amazing nor absolutely awful. There’s two crowds generally, one saying she’s incredible and one saying she’s trash.

I don’t think either are completely right, she’s fun to play, and has some pretty crazy damage but is very rng based and doesn’t have much in the way of utility.

She’s better than average IMO, but not top tier
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    Very good read! And as many have been saying welcome back. I think we have all missed you.
  • Options

Very good read! And as many have been saying welcome back. I think we have all missed you.

It’s great to be back bestest writer man
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Welcome back to the land of the living! Nice writeup.
  • Options
    TesladonTesladon Posts: 339 ★★
    Awesome one!! And welcome back.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Love these. Nice to get to know more about LeNoir. Thanks!
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @SpideyFunko it was fun and glad they released you.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Hes back eh. Try not to do anything to get muted this time 🤣
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Nice write up and welcome back buddy
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Return of Spunko!
    Enjoyed the write-up.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Great read!
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Hey Spidey! You’re back!

Nice write-up!
  • Options

Great read!

Thanks!
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Ah it’s nice to have you and these back
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Was just thinking the other day that it’s been a while since I’ve read one of these. Spidey=Prof X confirmed?
  • Options

Was just thinking the other day that it’s been a while since I’ve read one of these. Spidey=Prof X confirmed?

nah people can see my whole face
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★

I mean you could be bald and on a wheelchair and still be Prof X
  • Options
    Rookiie said:

I mean you could be bald and on a wheelchair and still be Prof X
    I’m too attached to my hair
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Glad you've been unmuted @SpideyFunko, wish I could say the same :(