**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you still use Blade?

GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 485 ★★★
I remember when Blade was considered THE best champ in the game. Yes, he was reliant on Stark Spidey and Ghost Rider to achieve that greatness, but during that era of the game, both were considered among the best in their class. Significant time has passed, and MCOC now sees the likes of Corvus, Doom, Domino, Ghost, and Omega Red (just to name a few). Add to that the dimensional beings seem like a thing of the past (Yes...I do see you Cosmic Ghost Rider) and that villains still require GR's synergy, and it is clear that while still a great champ, Blade is facing stiff competition. This even extends to his class...Nick Fury, Aegon, and Stealth Spiderman have always been considered some of the top among skill champs, but now with their buffs Falcon, Kingpin, Mole Man, Cross Bones, and Black Panther are all much, MUCH better champs than before. Since his debut Blade has only received one more synergy (the one with VTD) and that doesn't even benefit Blade at all. Finally he has yet to see the light of 6 star day.

All that being said...I still think he is a fantastic champ. I was wondering, does anyone still use him regularly?
Bleeds on parry, good attack, regen on command, and one of the better synergies in the game potentially still make him a good option for a lot of content.

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★

Never got him even still to this day above 3*

you can have my five star
  • ShrimpRShrimpR Posts: 245
    Not used for a year?
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    I use him very occasionally, but at 5* rank4, he is way behind in attack and health pool compared to all my 5/65 and 2/35 champs. His kit itself is nice and can be quite useful, but he also doesn’t really fit into a ton of categories for specific Variant content, nor is he amazing for Abyss. He’s okay for parts of late act content but there are not too many places where his abilities are the best.

I also have still never gotten a Stark Spidey and only recently pulled and ranked up Ghost Rider, so that does have something to do with it.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I only use him for Countering Magik and sometimes Mephisto. I only ever bring him to fight Mephisto if Magik is also on the path just because I can use an incinerate immune
  • AATTAATT Posts: 525 ★★★
    I used him a lot until doom EQ month, he shredded that metallic boy. I used him also in reverse control path in 6.3.1. Never used again, I've got champions who don't rely on 2 synergies (but ghost)

He's a good champ, we have better options tho
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,904 ★★★★★
    I still use mine a lot
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    He’s still good for energy adoption stuff and stuff that chips away your health. Also has respectable enough damage across the board, made much more workable damage against danger sense.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Nah
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Brought him into AQ last week for magik while quake was in AW. It was nice to dust him off and he was great for the minis and path sustainability (no synergies either). Blade and bleed is still very effective against dimensional beings and shutting down limbo.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    I use him in map 5 AQ
  • KoopaKrusherKoopaKrusher Posts: 105
    Blade without the rest of the holy trinity carried me to uncollected. Used Mephisto tho, which gives Blade danger sense against mystics, but he's still one of my go-to champs even after I stopped using Mephisto to boost him. Currently, I use my R4 5* Blade as one of my attackers in (low tier) AW, and if you told me I had one champ in my roster to solo any defender in the game, the only one I'd take over my Blade is my R5 5* Colossus.
  • Xva23Xva23 Posts: 500 ★★★
    I took my 5* to r5 last month. He's still very fun to use
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    I don’t use my blade. But if I was 100% F2P which I’m trying to move towards I would value him very high, mainly because of his regen.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    Xva23 said:

I took my 5* to r5 last month. He's still very fun to use

Whats your progression in Story mode?
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    Yes, when I need to slice an apple.

In mcoc, only in arena.
  • Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 669 ★★★
    I don't think I'd ever use him... Even as a six star
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    He's still as good as he ever was, but it's too hard to justify the team spots to me. He used to counter so much stuff and he was either the only one who could do it, or the best at the task. Now it's hard to find a job that he's either the best at or not roughly equal to another champion at.

As far as Swiss army knives go in this game he's one of the best - but I just can't sacrifice the team spots for his synergy partners anymore - he's not that crucial in the 2021 game.
  • JazzKnightJazzKnight Posts: 34
    I took my 5* to rank5 only a week ago. He is pretty good still and heals amazingly with his sig ability. and I don’t have Aegons or Nick Furys any star. Been playing for 6 yrs.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,542 ★★★★★
    When I took him to R4 and awakened him out of the box, he was always on my team (early 2018). He singlehandedly cleared so much of Act 5.

Cant remember last time I used him outside of arena. He’s still at R4, and I wonder if he will ever see any more catalysts. Great champ, but there are so many more in 2021.

Dr. Zola
  • legrindlegrind Posts: 81
    DrZola said:

When I took him to R4 and awakened him out of the box, he was always on my team (early 2018). He singlehandedly cleared so much of Act 5.

Cant remember last time I used him outside of arena. He’s still at R4, and I wonder if he will ever see any more catalysts. Great champ, but there are so many more in 2021.

Dr. Zola

"Dr. Zola"
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

I don't think I'd ever use him... Even as a six star

Don't see how you'd have used him as a 6* since he's not available as a 6*.