**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What are you most excited for?

TJayTJay Posts: 38
So Kabam posted their dev diary and it is crazyyy and personally i cant wait for Summer of Pain.
What about you guys?

Comments

• HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★

SWORD78 said:

Actually Relics. I don’t understand why people think it’ll ruin the game

-They will be Mastery Type Buffs so nothing will be CRAZY OP
    -Not Necessary for Gameplay (Customize your champ the way you want them to be. Even if that includes no Relics)
    -The only way it’ll ruin the game is if they allow it in Alliance War/Quest (but I doubt they will because that would create a major gap)
    -You won’t have to pay for them (they will be Introduced via Solo Competitive and eventually in Quests so there won’t be no Pay-to-Win aspect)

If someone could share their concerns I’d be glad to discuss them because it will be weird but I see this as a positive

-We can't say they won't be crazy OP but based off how Kabam tend to introducing new things, they probably might be.

- Not necessary for gameplay but having something like that in on itself means that champions will be designed and buffed with these in mind, meaning you won't be able to get the full value out of your champion even at sig 200 or something because of these

-Less useful champs at base = game's difficulty overally getting harder for no reason and that Kabam'll likely take Relics into account with node design in the future if it gets implemented

- The dev diary does say that they'll be introduced through the solo competitive mode but since we don't know anything else about it, it's hard to judge. How many relics will be released then? How much will it affect champions? How many will you need to make a champ worthwhile? Plus, given Kabam's model of releasing new items, they'll probably be many cash offers with relics.

-We already need to chase: the champion themself, their dupe/awakening, 200 sigs on that champion, rank-up materials and catalysts many of which take months to form. Most of us aren't excited about chasing yet another factor to this. Game's complicated enough as it is and I really hope Kabam do something refreshing and new with Relics.

-If you can’t say they won’t be crazy OP then you can’t say they Will be Crazy OP (that’s just negative thinking 😂 )

-Champions won’t be made specifically for certain Relics that would be the dumbest thing ever considering your supposed to change them how YOU WANT (and a lot of not most champions don’t even need Sig ability to be really good)

-Relics will probably influence nodes and difficulty depending on how powerful they are which I doubt they will be. And plus the game needs some harder content. And a HUGE POSITIVE in my book is that with Relics you can give Weaker Champions a chance at being useable. Sure they won’t be a top option but having them be useable in the slightest is SUPER WELCOME

-Considering the info we got we don’t even know if there will be many Relics total and again the amount it affects Champions probably won’t be INSANE MEGA HUGE. I could see these going for money offers but considering they have already said their plans on way to introduce them soon and later I doubt we will see them released for money near release. Units Maybe

-The Good thing about the Relics is that THEY ARE OPTIONAL. No one is forcing you too get these. It’s not like You will All of these relics to now complete content. They are optional and just provide some more help. How cool would it be to see like (this is an example of possibilities) Black Panther’s Bleeds have a 1.5 Second added Duration or Gain a 5 Sec Fury Buff When you intercept. It could be stuff like this that isn’t game breaking and is more rewarding. Don’t get me wrong I could be wrong about what kind of benefits relics will add but considering how these features work in games. My guesses are probably not too off

I’m just really excited at hopefully being able to “buff” champions I like to use. Even if it’s as small as Increase Critical Rating and Damage by 420 😉
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    Honestly? V8. I am super curious what madness they'll create. Also Gwenmaster boss.

As for relics, I am intimidated by the "solo competitive mode". To me it sounds like arena top 1% or legends run of EQ. I won't critisize until it actually comes, but I look to it with worries in my head
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Kerneas said:

Honestly? V8. I am super curious what madness they'll create. Also Gwenmaster boss.

As for relics, I am intimidated by the "solo competitive mode". To me it sounds like arena top 1% or legends run of EQ. I won't critisize until it actually comes, but I look to it with worries in my head

Tbh, I don't care about the rewards or anything. It's just a fun game-mode that I think encapsulates the game perfectly: Having a roster of champs, skill, strategy and a good understanding of the game's mechanics.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

SWORD78 said:

-Not Necessary for Gameplay (Customize your champ the way you want them to be. Even if that includes no Relics)
    -The only way it’ll ruin the game is if they allow it in Alliance War/Quest (but I doubt they will because that would create a major gap)
    -You won’t have to pay for them (they will be Introduced via Solo Competitive and eventually in Quests so there won’t be no Pay-to-Win aspect)

If someone could share their concerns I’d be glad to discuss them because it will be weird but I see this as a positive

-We can't say they won't be crazy OP but based off how Kabam tend to introducing new things, they probably might be.

- Not necessary for gameplay but having something like that in on itself means that champions will be designed and buffed with these in mind, meaning you won't be able to get the full value out of your champion even at sig 200 or something because of these

-Less useful champs at base = game's difficulty overally getting harder for no reason and that Kabam'll likely take Relics into account with node design in the future if it gets implemented

- The dev diary does say that they'll be introduced through the solo competitive mode but since we don't know anything else about it, it's hard to judge. How many relics will be released then? How much will it affect champions? How many will you need to make a champ worthwhile? Plus, given Kabam's model of releasing new items, they'll probably be many cash offers with relics.

-We already need to chase: the champion themself, their dupe/awakening, 200 sigs on that champion, rank-up materials and catalysts many of which take months to form. Most of us aren't excited about chasing yet another factor to this. Game's complicated enough as it is and I really hope Kabam do something refreshing and new with Relics.

-If you can’t say they won’t be crazy OP then you can’t say they Will be Crazy OP (that’s just negative thinking 😂 )

-Champions won’t be made specifically for certain Relics that would be the dumbest thing ever considering your supposed to change them how YOU WANT (and a lot of not most champions don’t even need Sig ability to be really good)

-Relics will probably influence nodes and difficulty depending on how powerful they are which I doubt they will be. And plus the game needs some harder content. And a HUGE POSITIVE in my book is that with Relics you can give Weaker Champions a chance at being useable. Sure they won’t be a top option but having them be useable in the slightest is SUPER WELCOME

-Considering the info we got we don’t even know if there will be many Relics total and again the amount it affects Champions probably won’t be INSANE MEGA HUGE. I could see these going for money offers but considering they have already said their plans on way to introduce them soon and later I doubt we will see them released for money near release. Units Maybe

-The Good thing about the Relics is that THEY ARE OPTIONAL. No one is forcing you too get these. It’s not like You will All of these relics to now complete content. They are optional and just provide some more help. How cool would it be to see like (this is an example of possibilities) Black Panther’s Bleeds have a 1.5 Second added Duration or Gain a 5 Sec Fury Buff When you intercept. It could be stuff like this that isn’t game breaking and is more rewarding. Don’t get me wrong I could be wrong about what kind of benefits relics will add but considering how these features work in games. My guesses are probably not too off

I’m just really excited at hopefully being able to “buff” champions I like to use. Even if it’s as small as Increase Critical Rating and Damage by 420 😉
    The thing is that most of your points are based on the fact that Relics won't be too OP or anything. The thing is though, if it's not too OP or it doesn't make a difference, then there won't be any point in introducing relics. I guess I am thinking too negatively and I hope to be wrong.
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    Only missing factor is summoner's appreciation calendar...
  • IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I agree with you. I saw so many people ripping on my favorite part of the diary. If it does end up getting overpowered, I trust kabam to nerf it accordingly
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    I am excited for every new thing.
  • rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    solo competitive and strikers are super exciting

SWORD78 said:

SWORD78 said:

The thing is that most of your points are based on the fact that Relics won't be too OP or anything. The thing is though, if it's not too OP or it doesn't make a difference, then there won't be any point in introducing relics. I guess I am thinking too negatively and I hope to be wrong.

Most of your arguments are based on the fact that they will be OP. It definitely will make a difference one way or another. But I can understand your concern
  • MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

They don't usually announce stuff like that ahead of time until it's like a month before since that's small in the grand scheme of things

Summoner Appreciation is usually in July
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

Do we have it every year?
    I'm excited about the Draft Battles, Summer of Pain and the 6 star arenas.
  • WayntosWayntos Posts: 592 ★★
    Bugs being fixed!!!

SWORD78 said:

Usually
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Fried chicken. I really like fried chicken.

Oh, and the forum discussions created by the updates. Always good fun to watch the world burn every once-in-a-while. I might even break out the fiddle.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Solo competitive
  • The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

SWORD78 said:

Usually
    Oh really?
    Wow, I've not been playing for a long time, and hence didn't know about this...
    TYVM!!