Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Quitting the Game after Dev Diaries

kenadroidkenadroid Posts: 434 ★★★
Hi, I just wanted to ask for advice before I make the final push of quitting the game entirely.

Context: my family got covid except for me and I find it hard to open the game as usual because I don't feel like it as much.

What should I do with my account. I have 15k crystals, fully explored act 6 and 7.1, explored some variants, never touched AOL and LOL because I find it stressful.

Any advice would help. I'm a bit off the fence because of my progression and that I'll be missing the community entirely.

Especially with the direction this game is going after the dev diaries. Like relics might be another cash grab etc.

I've been on the game since the beginning and maybe it's time to let go but idk what you guys think.

P.S. thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    I would suggest you to take a break for sometime. Uninstall the game for few days or months, whatever you feel like.. Uninstalling the game won't make you lose your hard progress in so many years. So come back and take over from the left over

Most importantly take care of your family and yourself too.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Life comes first before the game. You can take a break and if there's something that comes out that entices you to come back then come back again.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    You can take a break from the game to look after your family. The game is not going anywhere seeing the devs have plans for 2022. There seems to be more permanent content coming our way, so a break right now will not have much impact on your account.
    As far as the dev diary goes, we have only an outline and nothing concrete. So, you can pretty much leave that out of the decision making right now.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,062 ★★★★★
    If you feel like quitting, do it. It's a game, not a job. Playing it won't pay your bills or anything. One should enjoy the game, if they play it.
    As for your account, if you think you may come back some day, save those crystals unopened. Make sure you have no resources expiring. Iso is the hardest one to get going after a month+ long break.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,186 ★★★★★
    You sound stressed, understandably, and IMO yo should not quit the game, just take some time away to regather. In these craptastic times, it is hard not to feel down. Things will improve. Life will get better. MCOC will still be here when you get back.
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Sorry about the family man
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    Work on yourself and your families wellbeing.

I definitely feel like there are more productive and wholesome ways I could spend my time rather than playing the game.

As others have said, the game and the community will be here if / when you feel like playing again.

I hope things are improving for you and the family.
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119
    kenadroid said:

Hi, I just wanted to ask for advice before I make the final push of quitting the game entirely.

Context: my family got covid except for me and I find it hard to open the game as usual because I don't feel like it as much.

What should I do with my account. I have 15k crystals, fully explored act 6 and 7.1, explored some variants, never touched AOL and LOL because I find it stressful.

Any advice would help. I'm a bit off the fence because of my progression and that I'll be missing the community entirely.

Especially with the direction this game is going after the dev diaries. Like relics might be another cash grab etc.

I've been on the game since the beginning and maybe it's time to let go but idk what you guys think.

P.S. thank you in advance.

If you're not feeling it, quit. It'll always be there if you change your mind. Nothing worse than potentially putting time and money I to something you don't even like that much anymore.
  • Options
    Pancake_FacePancake_Face Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    If you are not enjoying the game quit. Come back in a month or so and you will feel way better
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,053 ★★★★
    Hope your family recovers soon buddy. Stay safe, and take care of your family.

The best thing you could do is probably take a break, at least till your family recover. Considering the fact Covid has potential to severities, you must be taking care of your family, not forgetting to take care of yourself too though.

Nothing great is gonna be missed, this month is anyways not the best in the aspect of rewards. Hopefully when you return, you have some interest back in the game. A month from now probably would be enough for your family to recover.

June will surely give you events to enjoy about, which are not a cash-grab like the Spring Cleaning. ( I meant the Summer of pain, AW & AQ etc)

My hearty wishes for speedy recovery!
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Almost everyone will reach a stopping point. Repetition, no matter how much they tweak it on a monthly basis, is going to get old and this game is very much swipe/tap centric and the fights can feel very similar, even with updates (arena is probably the worst thing overall for how bland, boring and repetitive it is as a core feature).

We change jobs, cars, tv shows, etc. when they stop being interesting and want something else for a change of pace and don't blink an eye. Like the others said, just take a break and maybe try coming back later to see if it feels interesting again. And then, if it's still not, move in and don't look back. There's no finish line in this game.

Best wishes to your family!
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I quit Alliance stuff and basically just do EQ now. My progression hit rock-bottom, but I enjoy the game a lot more now that I can skip a few days if I want.

About the roadmap, I doubt most of the iffy stuff will make it in anyways. Some of it sounded like a spaghetti test anyways.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,090 ★★★★★
    Your family takes priority, take a break and just focus on them, these days it's important you find any way you can just to enjoy the little moments that you can and then as time goes on if you feel you need the game again, you know it'll always be here for you.

Whatever happens, good luck!
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,800 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Here is an analogy for you
    Your time is like water, and your activities are like plants
    Wherever you pour water, the plants will grow
    Take some time away from the game, focus on your health and your family, and trust me you will be relieved
    You can always come back at a later time
  • Options
    HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    Best thing will be leave the game entirely for some weeks. And than return freshly. Burnout is something which everyone has to go through remaining away from game for some time is the best thing!!
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 833 ★★★
    Sorry about the COVID stuff. I wasn’t super happy about the relic thing either. It seems a bit cheesy, but who knows. Don’t forget that the game is supposed to be fun, so if it isn’t, definitely take a break. Come back in few months, and see if you find the game to be more enjoyable then.