**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is it just because I've been playing quake for so long or is Ghost just harder to learn

Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
Feels like there's more situations and decision making with ghost

Comments

• Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I see ghost as exactly the same as any other champ except you don't block, and you dash back right before L2. Not getting greedy with the phase hits and knowing when to block during specials is really the only learning curve in my experience. It also helps if you are very familiar with how the AI likes to throw specials for ones where the timing is tight (P2099 L1 for instance).
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    I don’t get why people find Ghost so Hard to play she isn’t even complicated. Parry, Heavy, Dash Back then Special 2. If Awakened just dash back and get hit to gain more power
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,146 ★★★★★
    SWORD78 said:

I don’t get why people find Ghost so Hard to play she isn’t even complicated. Parry, Heavy, Dash Back then Special 2. If Awakened just dash back and get hit to gain more power

lol that’s wrong to play parry heavy just to get fury one stun imuns u don’t do that’s.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    I still cannot quake. Like in arena I'll pull it off perfectly 50% of the time but never in a quest or boss fight. Ghost is far easier top learn in my opinion.
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I find Quake easier than Ghost, but I’m also better at dexing than I am at intercepting.
  • Robbo9Robbo9 Posts: 51
    SWORD78 said:

And how is that working for you against stun/debuff immune, unblockable nodes etc?
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Tldr:

Somewhat okay to learn.
    Hard to Master.

Maybe I just sucked but I needed around 2-3 weeks to play Ghost somewhat good (not getting touched once with a 4* vs Wintersoldier) a few years ago

I feel like mastering Ghost takes a lot of time.

Doing hard matchups like Warlock, Vision Arkus, Annihilus, Domino or champs that have a 2 hit combo as the 1. medium increase the difficulty quite a bit but are doable when you play well.

Also learning the spacing when and how to punish SPs with your heavies is not the easiest thing.

Don't forget the perfect timing to phase recoil with Hood takes some time too (if you run suicides)

Oh and 1 more thing.

I didn't even know that until 8 months or so:

There is a big difference in speed on how fast you can throw your dashback SP2.
    It can be so smooth that it looks like you slide over the ground.

If you manage to do it at max speed the enemy cannot dash away from you.
  • HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    In Unblockable just let them hit into Phase because She can intercept like crazy
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Ghost was harder for me to learn but it still wasn't actually hard. It's just that Quaking came naturally to me but I did have to take a sec to learn Ghost.

That being said, try to learn heavy only and you'll change your mind. I just finally got it down after having Quake for a long time. Comfortable doing it everywhere but in war.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

What does playing with quake has to do with playing with ghost? Do you play quake style with every champion? and i really doubt you just quake everything lol.

There have been paths in my act 6 completion where I quaked most of the path just cause I didn't want to risk killing my boss options early on. Outside of act6, I quake everything that the rest of my team can't handle, and save revives/pots
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

People tend to think the first one they learned was the easiest. It's mostly because all the memories of you sucking has been replaced with memories of playing well.

This is probably the best explanation, which also explains why some people have disagreed(which suggests that they found quake harder than ghost)
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Hoitado said:

Lol
  • N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
    I always get ghosts timing wrong.
    Im with you i think quake is easier
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    You don't even need to phase everything. You can even parry-heavy-sp2 with her. Or that phase bounce, witch is also pretty simple and kinda similar to intercept series, just moving after phasing a hit.
    With quake it is a lot more intense, as you have to evade a lot in a very short window and charge heavy, wich also require some time to start. With ghost you basically swipe left-swipe right, like some tinder. She's a lot more chill in terms of gameplay, just keep it slow