**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

6.1.5 Crossbones

13»

Comments

• Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

I think the biggest problem for us progressing players is, that the "unit-man" strategy no longer works. (You know, like Lagacy got Cavalier with Lags Jr) This is because of the arc overload (regen already at the beginning) and because of his insane shrug of. Not everyone has the roster immediately to do this. I do Uncollected difficulty every month 100% and still can't do it. My best option is Omega, but he is unawekend and not ranked up yet. I will make him a horseman for the fight too, then it will be a Joke. But it takes time to get there which is very annoying.

Aren't you seeing people clearing him with r4 rogue?
    Yes I do, but I don't have a 5* Rogue (which is actually a very good counter). Neighter do I have Sentinel or Ghost or CMM for that matter. My best poison immunes atm are rank 4 Hyperion and r 3 Medusa, but they can't outdamage him and you can't really ramp them up in the fight with fury or armor break. And for example 5/65 Colossus does hardly more damage than he regens at the start before dropping from poison.
    Can you post your options? I recommend taking a champ to r5 or at the very least r4. Act 6 is mainly a roster check because before that, you can almost use any champ barring few encounters. If you have white magneto, you can take him and use the preflight for hyperion for almost any champ.
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★

Pulyaman said:

I think the biggest problem for us progressing players is, that the "unit-man" strategy no longer works. (You know, like Lagacy got Cavalier with Lags Jr) This is because of the arc overload (regen already at the beginning) and because of his insane shrug of. Not everyone has the roster immediately to do this. I do Uncollected difficulty every month 100% and still can't do it. My best option is Omega, but he is unawekend and not ranked up yet. I will make him a horseman for the fight too, then it will be a Joke. But it takes time to get there which is very annoying.

Yes I do, but I don't have a 5* Rogue (which is actually a very good counter). Neighter do I have Sentinel or Ghost or CMM for that matter. My best poison immunes atm are rank 4 Hyperion and r 3 Medusa, but they can't outdamage him and you can't really ramp them up in the fight with fury or armor break. And for example 5/65 Colossus does hardly more damage than he regens at the start before dropping from poison.
    Can you not just punish xbones sp1 with hype heavy, heavy spam in the corner until he has special, rinse and repeat?

• Options
    Captain_Dp7Captain_Dp7 Posts: 30
    Berjibs said:

Pulyaman said:

Can you not just punish xbones sp1 with hype heavy, heavy spam in the corner until he has special, rinse and repeat?

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to train fighting Crossbones like that but it is very tricky. If he doesn't cooperate perfectly and you have to try bait out his special for some time, your furys fall off und you're back at his (mediocre) base damage and out of the corner. In a normal match you could parry and push the opponant back but not with Crossbones. It works for a few rotations at best, but you would need crazy skills and a lot of luck to sustain it... At least imo.
  • Options
    Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

Can you post your options? I recommend taking a champ to r5 or at the very least r4. Act 6 is mainly a roster check because before that, you can almost use any champ barring few encounters. If you have white magneto, you can take him and use the preflight for hyperion for almost any champ.
    I have 43 5-6* Champs, but only Hyperion, Medusa, Emma, Omega and Dragonman are poison immune. So I am quite limited... My plan is to awaken Omega now and get him ranked up. I can also make him a horseman so the figth will be an absolute joke. But it annoys me to See how it was possible to get Cavalier a month ago with ONE rank 4 NON poison immune (and a few Units) and now it is (nearly) impossible for my roster...
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

I have 43 5-6* Champs, but only Hyperion, Medusa, Emma, Omega and Dragonman are poison immune. So I am quite limited... My plan is to awaken Omega now and get him ranked up. I can also make him a horseman so the figth will be an absolute joke. But it annoys me to See how it was possible to get Cavalier a month ago with ONE rank 4 NON poison immune (and a few Units) and now it is (nearly) impossible for my roster...
    I think Loki could do it, I saw him in your other post, you can steal the arc overload and all his buffs and hit quite hard, but it is a skill intensive fight. It would be better if you had MD. Other than that, I would suggest just expanding your roster for now by doing the variants. I don't see any particular reason to rush to cav before july 4 deals.

Even before the change, that crossbones was very tricky. You needed to have a bleed immune champ with enough damage to get him down. There was a window where we had both colossus and Magneto that could do it, but after the biohazard got changed to poison, it became tricky again. But, vigor was a lot worse than arc overload.
  • Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180
    There is a cheesy way to win that fight, but you need loads of revives. Just deal some damage before his regen kicks in, let him kill you, repeat. So if only you had lots of revives, you could win that fight with a very mediocre 5* roster.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Pulyaman said:

Pulyaman said:

What benefit to being a horseman do you think Omega gets?
  • Options
    @Pulyaman Loki could be worth a try, didn't think about that... But jeah, I'll focus on my roster development for the moment.
    @AndyBeardo That is no longer possible. It was with Vigor, but with ark-overload you get the first regen at the start of the fight.
    @Worknprogress Not much tbh. But you get unblockable, If the opponant schrugs a debuff, wich is great against Crossbones as long as Omega is under 10 spores. Also you get the prowess to increase special damage and the unstoppable as a bit of a safety-net.
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Just wait for another counter. It’s frustrating, but you’ll get through it eventually. I had to do the same thing for 6.2.2
  • Options
    AndyBeardoAndyBeardo Posts: 180

@Pulyaman Loki could be worth a try, didn't think about that... But jeah, I'll focus on my roster development for the moment.
    @AndyBeardo That is no longer possible. It was with Vigor, but with ark-overload you get the first regen at the start of the fight.
    @Worknprogress Not much tbh. But you get unblockable, If the opponant schrugs a debuff, wich is great against Crossbones as long as Omega is under 10 spores. Also you get the prowess to increase special damage and the unstoppable as a bit of a safety-net.

Damn, I did't think about that. You're right.
  • Options
    Cranky_TrumpCranky_Trump Posts: 263
    I just did this fight on my mini with an r4 medusa. You can corner him and get into an MLLM SP1 rhythm then he'll throw his sp1 which is easy to dodge, and repeat. every time he gains a bar of power you'll get sp1 back, so you can keep doing that 5 or 6 times before a quick MLL-dash back, dash forward intercept and start doing it again. It's slow but it works and you never get hit.
  • Options
    ZAHIDMALIK1588ZAHIDMALIK1588 Posts: 624 ★★

What do you think guys? Should I go for it? Here is my 5 and 6* roster.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,205 ★★★★★

What do you think guys? Should I go for it? Here is my 5 and 6* roster.

First , You should look at the date.
    Second , You should create a new post.
    Third , You should apologise
    Fourth , Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.