**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

This Months EQ Discussion [Title edited for clarity]

Dahkness1831Dahkness1831 Posts: 78
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
Since the Monthly EQs have gone away from “overly gated” to “let us give you some buffs to complete”, it felt as if it were a step in the right direction. They seemed to forgo the stick and use the carrot. However this month feels a bit over tuned. I can usually get through the Cavalier difficulty with zero revives. This month however, we have a highly complex new champ with Mr. Negative. That coupled with the nodes they put up is crazy complex. Then you check the new nodes for Shang Chi and although it is a challenge and doable, it is far from fun. Now I get it, there is supposed to be a level of difficulty and for me, I get burnt out doing all that content on two different accounts.

I am in an alliance that has four sister alliances. We have members with 10+ 6r3s to players who just created their accounts months ago and one thing they all agree on is the that this months EQ is a bit much.

My sole purpose is to give a small part of the MCOC community do not care for this months EQ. I personally stopped the EQs on both accounts, will do the side quests and complete more regular content.
Post edited by Kabam Boo on

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,138 ★★★★★

I used a revive in EQ for the first time in ages because I didn't read the node and didn't bring the right champs. Could have quit and repeated the path but didn't want to. My reaction was the opposite. Glad to see Kabam give us a boss that I couldn't just kill with no thought and whatever team.

It was fun had the same way didn’t use a revies but dies because didn’t read ability and node and got asbulet destroyed buy mr negative guy
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    I think this is strengthened by the easy last month. The final Jabari boss was a joke and the others aren't even worth mentioning .
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    The bosses were difficult? I just used the ol' Archangel method and melted them both without thinking too hard.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

The bosses were difficult? I just used the ol' Archangel method and melted them both without thinking too hard.

I had AA in my war team or I'd have had the same experience lol
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Falcon and Fury work really well for Mr. Negative
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    Well....my Nick Fury God crunched him without any issue....
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    I actuly enjoyed the fact that I needed to think a bit this month about the bosses.

Often you can just steamroll it all.

This month was a bit harder but nothing too hard imo. A quick tipp is to do the Uncollected EQ first to check hard nodes and get used to the new champs. That way you are more familiar with them when you go into Cavalier.

It also forced ppl to actuly read nodes which became visible on the forum via complaints very often :D

On the other hand I have 3 6* R3 so my ability to jugde this for newer players might not be too good.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Quite enjoyed the fact that this month was a bit more difficult tbh.
    Still not the hardest Bosses I’ve ever dealt with in an EQ, that award goes to nameless guilly, Modok on his release EQ or the Aegon boss when he released. But it was a nice challenge
  • GOTGGOTG Posts: 1,040 ★★★★
    It is the right way to make EQ. They used to be too easy, I hope from now every EQ will stay at this difficulty.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    I think this is one of the best EQ they’ve done from a difficulty standpoint. The nodes are challenging but with the right counters and skill they are easily solo’d.

For Shang-chi I’ve sole’d him with 3 different champs - Stealthy/NF/quake

I’ve solo’d mr negative with both falcon and professor x
  • BendyBendy Posts: 3,349 ★★★★★
    I actually like that they upped the difficulty as for first time in almost a year i have to think who to use than just go with any this is also the first time i actually lost a full a team almost
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    I don't think the Cav EQ this month is levelling up, but rather it's just more tricky and you need a specific way to tackle each boss/path. It's definitely an advantage if you got the specific counters too (e.g. Falcon/Moleman vs OG Spidey) but it is not a must if you don't have. Some youtubers still can clear the Cav EQ with 4* champs.

I follow the guideline of MCOC noob for Shang-Chi and Mister Negative. It is doable for average player like me.
  • RaviDaviRaviDavi Posts: 800 ★★★
    I was getting ready to 100% the Shang-Chi Quest, but then I entered the next quest for the first time and that Nova on Biohazard is hideous (I don't have a good counter for that) so... will explore the first 2 chapters and see how close I can get and just push through with revives.

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    Ngl that flipping airwalker on spite is giving me so much grief as a new cav account (I don’t play my Tb accs much anymore). I can see similar “problem fights” for smaller rosters on a lot of paths so I do have some sympathy. However eq difficulty ebbs and flows, last month was easy, next month could be too.

I can’t see I’ll get exploration done so will just focus on the comparatively easy legendary rewards which are more or less as good.
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    The one I taught how to play the game just a few months ago is cruising through it. Hit the right spot.
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    It's okay imo it's supposed to be this difficult but it's still not interesting.
    Falter, evade and unstoppable. That's it. Fights like Thanos make you feel motivated to fight, this is just an annoyance at best.
  • JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    I usually don’t read the boss nodes or new character abilities and this month was no different. It was fine. Nick fury and archangel took them without issue.
  • Tru100Tru100 Posts: 260 ★★

We have members with 10+ 6r3s to players who just created their accounts months ago and one thing they all agree on is the that this months EQ is a bit much.

Maybe the issue is the ally has a lot of players who pay to progress but don't know how to actually play the game well? (who has 10+ 6r3s a few months after creating account?) Not trying to be snarky but who has so many 6r3s but no r5 Hulkbuster, warlock, fury, falcon, ibom, torch, cap iw, sorc supreme, doom, bwcv, omega colossus, apoc, cgr, Corvus etc, champs who make eq relatively easy to anyone who has beaten the Grandmaster. I don't have any ally members w 10+ 6r3s, but none of our Thronebreakers complain about the EQ difficulty.

I think as some have mentioned this month's bosses are a little trickier, Mr. Negative in particular seems like he could join small group of elite war bosses. Some of the nodes require more intercepting, and other disruptions to the conventional parry/combo fight style a la hard knock life, or the one on Hood that gives damage while stunned, or Shang-Chi where he regens off your parries (and grits on block) but these seem obviously intended to keep the game not boring.

The paths themselves feel easier with the right counters, and it seems like there's a handful of options for each class chapter. I find you can typically bring 1-2 champs for the path and have 3 slots left for hard boss counters. In contrast to op, I feel every month generally gets me closer to itemless/near itemless because you get used to the nodes and your roster gets a little better.

• rvcubingrvcubing Posts: 140
    I accually enjoy this doificulty. This is a great step in the right direction. Meq should be challenging. Don’t be afraid to use revives. If you aren’t up for the challenge, drop down in difficulty. Don’t complain
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 ★★★★★
    The Cav diff EQ rewards players with developed rosters, not necessarily highly ranked champs. I have a few 6sr3 champs, but I use a lot of 5/65s. I did Cav diff this month, 100 percent. If I can do it, any “end game” player should be able to.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★

It's okay imo it's supposed to be this difficult but it's still not interesting.
    Falter, evade and unstoppable. That's it. Fights like Thanos make you feel motivated to fight, this is just an annoyance at best.

Not to be mentioned he regens 500% back health based off damage being taken. Like is this ROL we playing, who in their right mind thought was a good idea to release that node 🤦‍♂️.

Not to be mentioned he regens 500% back health based off damage being taken. Like is this ROL we playing, who in their right mind thought was a good idea to release that node 🤦‍♂️.
    Again. Archangel. He dealt with both new champs easily once you understand how they work.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,394 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Again. Archangel. He dealt with both new champs easily once you understand how they work.
    Sadly the game refuses to give me 5* AA or NF and 4* cant last long enough lol
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,723 ★★★
    Seraphion said:

I actuly enjoyed the fact that I needed to think a bit this month about the bosses.

Often you can just steamroll it all.

This month was a bit harder but nothing too hard imo. A quick tipp is to do the Uncollected EQ first to check hard nodes and get used to the new champs. That way you are more familiar with them when you go into Cavalier.

It also forced ppl to actuly read nodes which became visible on the forum via complaints very often :D

On the other hand I have 3 6* R3 so my ability to jugde this for newer players might not be too good.

That's exactly what I do, the uncollected first to test out the boss. Then I try the cavalier. Good advice to others.

ItsDamien said:

Sadly the game refuses to give me 5* AA or NF and 4* cant last long enough lol
    Even then, literally any champ can deal with both of them once you understand their mechanics. It's about reading their abilities and reading their nodes before you even make a single move in the quest.