**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Failing act 6.4.6 grandmaster again and again

Himmy619Himmy619 Posts: 48
edited May 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I am bad at dexing , so everytime I dex grandmaster sp1 I get clipped by his unblocakable part and then I get wrecked .
So I am thinking of another strategy that invloves lot of units. Ramping up my aegon till grandmaster fight . After that when grandmaster fight starts I will be using heavy to gain furies when grandmaster attacks and then hit him like a truck , also will be using heimdall to cheat death and hit grandmastee like a truck whenever I get clipped.
By above method if I can take out around 100000 health each fight I can take out grandmaster in 4000 units.

Is above stattegy possible ?
Post edited by Kabam Loto on

Comments

• Himmy619Himmy619 Posts: 48
    yuw said:

i use mr.sinister to block his sp1

Can mr sinister block his first part of sp1.
    GOTG said:

Himmy619 said:

I am bad at dexing , so everytime I dex grandmaster sp1 I get clipped by his unblocakable part and then I get wrecked .
    So I am thinking of another strategy that invloves lot of units. Ramping up my aegon till grandmaster fight . After that when grandmaster fight starts I will be using heavy to gain furies when grandmaster attacks and then hit him like a truck , also will be using heimdall to cheat death and hit grandmastee like a truck whenever I get clipped.
    By above method if I can take out around 100000 health each fight I can take out grandmaster in 4000 units.

No man you don't even understand the mechanics of the fight.

If you can't solve his sp1 he will reach sp3 immediately and you will die in a minute. You can not deal any significant damage at all.
    I understand his mechanis in phase 1 parry , dex or light attacks are banned randomly. If you use again you will get token of blunder but my problem is his sp1 first part. So I wanna dish out as much damage as I can with heavy and medium medium attack in first phase . Ocassionally if I can survive his sp1 that will be beneficial
    Alec629 said:

I would maybe recommend going into duels against a low star iron man superior/og or even Ultron and take in your highest champ that won’t give them dot from you letting them hit you. Just let them hit you until they get special 1 and then try to dex it, if they hit you you won’t die since they are a low star so you’ll get to do this over and over without dying and just practice it. But don’t hit them just let them keep throwing that at you, you can also practice baiting out that special while you’re at it which is another good skill to have. You can actually survive 1 miss dex in the grandmaster fight as you’ll only get 1 blunder from the miss and then 3 from the special but then you’ll have to play clutch to not get that 5th. Just keep practicing and you’ll get it. You got this!

Very helpful. Thanks bro . Earlier I was dueling og iron man with my 3 star champ against 6 star iron man to practice his sp1 dex , now your strategy looks good, will dule with 6 star against 2 star champ.
  • PrathapPrathap Posts: 581 ★★★
    Himmy619 said:

Alec629 said:

I would maybe recommend going into duels against a low star iron man superior/og or even Ultron and take in your highest champ that won’t give them dot from you letting them hit you. Just let them hit you until they get special 1 and then try to dex it, if they hit you you won’t die since they are a low star so you’ll get to do this over and over without dying and just practice it. But don’t hit them just let them keep throwing that at you, you can also practice baiting out that special while you’re at it which is another good skill to have. You can actually survive 1 miss dex in the grandmaster fight as you’ll only get 1 blunder from the miss and then 3 from the special but then you’ll have to play clutch to not get that 5th. Just keep practicing and you’ll get it. You got this!

Very helpful. Thanks bro . Earlier I was dueling og iron man with my 3 star champ against 6 star iron man to practice his sp1 dex , now your strategy looks good, will dule with 6 star against 2 star champ.
    It's gonna get easy with couple of trials.. I used to be bad at baiting specials.. but after that Grandmaster fight I'm lot better now
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,184 ★★★★★
    You cannot muscle your way through the GM fight.

Do you know about reverse controls in phase 3?
  • TheBestinTuakauTheBestinTuakau Posts: 955 ★★★
    Himmy619 said:

yuw said:

i use mr.sinister to block his sp1

Can mr sinister block his first part of sp1.
    Mr. Sinister can block unblockable specials. Mordo can as well if he's been holding block for >0.5 seconds
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    isn't his beam iron man's the same beam but looks different, how did you even get this far

You cannot muscle your way through the GM fight.

Do you know about reverse controls in phase 3?

Yeah but it kicks after around 40 sec or what. Will try to use mr sinister for that part

isn't his beam iron man's the same beam but looks different, how did you even get this far

Dude I m not that bad at playing. Problem is I went to act 6.4.6 and faced grandmaster for first time . I spent around 300 units but was unable to make dent on him so I thought of alternative approach. Looks like I need to practice more.

While playing grandmaster I got clipped with his first part of sp1 many times. Even the champion fight was not this much stressful for me
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Himmy619 said:

Dude I m not that bad at playing. Problem is I went to act 6.4.6 and faced grandmaster for first time . I spent around 300 units but was unable to make dent on him so I thought of alternative approach. Looks like I need to practice more.
    watch lagacy solos on him that's where I learn to do that fight

Himmy619 said:

watch lagacy solos on him that's where I learn to do that fight
    Sure bro and thank u for guide 😄
  • Duke_SilverDuke_Silver Posts: 2,421 ★★★★
    Himmy619 said:

Des99 said:

how did you even make it this far if you're this bad at dexing?

I am not bad at dexing , actually I am bad at dexing if beams are first hit of special. E.g I can dex cyclops sp2 easily but his sp1 clips me sometimes. And other specials I can dex easily
    Cyclops' sp1 is multiple hits like Iron Patriot's. The GM's sp1 is much like Iron Man's if I recall correctly. Meaning it is significantly easier to not get clipped.
  • Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 812 ★★★
    This is why I'm in no rush to dump units into the champion....unless I can basically solo him there is no point trying to fight 6.3 or 6.4.....
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★
    Himmy619 said:

This is a terrible idea. I would suggest that most of the time, you aren't even going to make it through two of his SP1s. If you get clipped by his SP1, you will pick up 3 tokens of blunder (you will have more also if you fail any challenges along the way). At 5 tokens, he is at SP3 instant death.

Since almost all of your ability to do damage in this fight is tied to tokens of competence and him being wounded, your tactic may allow you to hit like a truck... it will just be a toy truck.

Finally, your budgeting seems optimistic, given that you're basing it off the first phase, which is the easiest one. You will probably be dead within seconds in all the other phases.

Side note: I would love to see a hypothetical budget for Abyss Collector.

• yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★
    Himmy619 said:

I was in the exact situation two months ago, I farmed revives from solo objective, I tried nicky fury, colossus but couldn't go far because I wasn't familiar with his movement, couldn't dex his special attack etc and then i use mr sinister which did the best(down to 29%) simply because he can block grandmaster sp1 and even heal from being attacked by sp1, That's when I have the most practice because he lasted the longest even at r3 as 5star. Last month, I was able to rank him up ro rank4, I used about 29 revives, but manage to finally got him down(solo the last 50 percent). You just need to revive the champ that last the longest.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Himmy619 said:

This is why I like that fight it weeds out people who didn’t develop proper skills and shows it’s not a cash grab fight people try to make it to be sometimes

There’s a link that makes his sp1 block Able but activates another ability on him I believe... not to sure about the specifics

But develop your skills if you can’t dex it at all I doubt you’ll be able to even get him down to the third phase

Yeah dude you are right I should leave every other thing in this world and just play game like you to develop my skills alot. I play for enjoyment bro. You find enjoyment in tough challenges , I too but if it gets hectic I prefer alternative way as this is just game not some coding skills that I should spent much time on.
    So instead of time you spend a lot of money on it? How is that any better?
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    If someone can solo this dude with a r1 6* classic spider man, what makes you think 4k units is reasonable-
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    How did you get past 6.2 Champion if you’re having issues with 6.4 GM?