Options

Have you grinded the new arena like you used to before ?

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
These changes have killed my motivation . Not even sure that after listening to feedbacks , they are going to make some changes or not .

Have you grinded the new arena like you used to before ? 95 votes

Just completion of milestone , no extra grind .
21%
World EaterDeepak84TristanLvernon15KARTIKeya8ThunderGodRbk19yuwRockyshockyRockypantherxPHJfinErcarretVendemiaireAouxWouxGiuliameijDrauglinMasaraksh1Yodabolt21TheBoogyManBarri8 20 votes
Not even close like before .
78%
DrZolaRobbo101allinashesForwardAlex13369subash_vikramwinganatoShanSyndicatedRoOOtsMastiffmanRasiloverAustin555555Moosetiptronicshadow_lurker22Marvel2289DH_forum_1BowTieJohnKhushhalThatOneMasterGamer 75 votes

Comments

• Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    never have never will😌
  • Options
    DrauglinDrauglin Posts: 183 ★★
    I did the milestones in Summoner trials and 6* basic. Took me until this morning to hit 16.5 in 6*. I used to be able to do a two day milestone grind in the three arenas I would do twice a week. I’m not doing this twice a week for less rewards.
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
    I have been grinding pretty hard, actually even more than normal. But just to test how far I could get at maximum. But also to give Miike the so called DATA he was looking for. To see how many more rounds it takes summoners at every level to reach the milesstones and see how much more it takes. I have done roughly 80 rounds more but have 10 units less to show for it.
    I am glad I was very lucky in my battlechip pulls so it was worth it.

If I had the choice I would want the old arena's back. But since I believe Kabam wants to make arena based on certain standards from now on I hope they will find a nice middle ground where most progression levels don`t lose as much as they did now.
    Currently there are two extremes when looking at arena, us the players and the owners of the game. The only true solutions will lie somewhere in the middle where Kabam is satisfied with the restrictions they place on us, and we are not angry enough to stop playing the mode and complain about it with 80% of the playerbase.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I've only done summoner trials so far. My roster isn't quite there yet to attempt the Falcon or Shang Chi arena. I was in desperate need of units (still am) and so I finished all the milestones.
    The grind seemed much longer than the previous arena grinds I'd done. And having 7 units per milestone instead of 15 did not help one bit. I think it adds up equally in the end, but when you're desperate for units, 7 at a time doesn't help as much.
    I was never much of a grinder earlier, and the changes to arena certainly aren't gonna change that. I honestly wish we had the previous system back, it just made it easier to obtain units when in a fix.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Actually, I thought I would give it a try. When 4* basic was a guarantee of a viable champ (pre-5* and pre-6* and pre-12.0), I never missed a basic arena.

Went into Falcon arena and ran 20 rounds of 6*’s twice. Looked at my watch, couldn’t believe how much time I sank, and realized late spring weather was tons better than burning holes in my retinas playing for what’s likely to be shards.

Went outside and didn’t touch arena again.

Dr. Zola

Welp i did the exact same thing . I did complete summoner trials though but ain't touching 6* arena ever now . It's purely made for a large roster and someone who has lotta free time.
  • Options

I've only done summoner trials so far. My roster isn't quite there yet to attempt the Falcon or Shang Chi arena. I was in desperate need of units (still am) and so I finished all the milestones.
    The grind seemed much longer than the previous arena grinds I'd done. And having 7 units per milestone instead of 15 did not help one bit. I think it adds up equally in the end, but when you're desperate for units, 7 at a time doesn't help as much.
    I was never much of a grinder earlier, and the changes to arena certainly aren't gonna change that. I honestly wish we had the previous system back, it just made it easier to obtain units when in a fix.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264699/how-a-simple-change-to-new-summoners-trial-arena-can-make-sure-theres-no-backlash#latest

I made a post as a solution for these 7 units . Practical too. Have a look.
  • Options
    Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/264699/how-a-simple-change-to-new-summoners-trial-arena-can-make-sure-theres-no-backlash#latest

I made a post as a solution for these 7 units . Practical too. Have a look.
    It's a great idea, but Kabam has to implement it. Until then, I've gotta grind my sanity outta existence
  • Options
    Charlie21540Charlie21540 Posts: 929 ★★★★
    Tried it. It felt pointless
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Longer grind, less units. I don't have the number of 6*s required to make this a similar grind. Not surprising, as even most TB don't.

I actually put more effort in this time, just for testing purposes.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,166 ★★★★★
    Where is the I grinded more than before option?
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    I don’t wanna do an extra 15 mil for the same amount of units in the basic arena.
  • Options
    Mike18211Mike18211 Posts: 54
    You left out the option of grinding more. Think you would of been surprised. People in my alliance went for champs that haven't played arena for months
  • Options
    MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    I used to grind 4 star basic and featured for all milestones and first 4 milestones on 2* and 3* arena and 6 milestones on the 5* arena, in total I would spend about 4-5 hours a day on arena and would end up getting up to 350 units in a 3 day span, now in the new arena I hit all milestones on the 4* arena (2.15M) and tried how far I could get in the featured arena since I have a duped 4* falcon I didn't get more than 750k in falcon arena, I used my r1 5 stars for this , and in the featured to my surprise I got the 4* Shang Chi, only thing was I spent all day playing arena(8-10 hours)and end up getting 235 units. I put in more time got a 4* but the units/hour ratio is terrible in this arena. FYI , I have 12 4* teams, 5 5star teams and 8 6 star champions.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    I think I like the idea of only 3 arenas. For me, one issue was previously, I had to grind using 4 stars, 3 stars, 2 stars, and then go to 5 and 6 stars. I was grinding the 2,3 and 4 star ones when my 5 and 6 stars were on cooldown. Now, I can simply grind twice using the 4 stars and I will get all summoner trial milestones. I only need to grind 2 times per day after that. But, I don't have a big enough 6 star roster to only use them. In a 4-5 months I think this arena will fit me perfectly.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    For the record , I have 141 2* maxed, 175 3* maxed, 14 3* at r3 and waiting for cats to max them. So, my investment is kinda going waste for arena. But, I am saving some time, so I guess that's the trade off. I know I am in the minority in terms of roster, but wanted to put out for people that it is useful for some players who are not whales and not in the top alliances. I did 22 mill in features, 18 mill in the basic and 2.5 mill in summoner trials along with hitting 1.6 mill in t1a arena and 2 mill in the t4b arena. Overall I would say I did around 500 rounds in total combining all the arenas. Lot of work which I probably would not replicate in the next rounds :D
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    OPTION : More than previously.

Tbh I wouldn’t have bothered putting up the numbers on a guess to try and collect the 4* feature, I gave that up a while ago for champions I don’t even use.
    But as it was a certainty based on a milestone, similar to what 4* featured’s used to go for, I took the time.
  • Options
    zuffy said:

Where is the I grinded more than before option?

Mike18211 said:

You left out the option of grinding more. Think you would of been surprised. People in my alliance went for champs that haven't played arena for months

No tbh i mistakenly clicked on submit before adding the 3rd option lol . And makes sense going for Falcon or Shang Chi since both are top notch .
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    After 5 years and 180k arena fights, this was the first round I scored 0 points on all arenas.
    That should say something to Kabam for how bad the new arenas are.
    It doesn’t need to be a genius to see the milestones are at least double the points of what they should be.
    Cut all points needed for each milestone to 50% to make the tedious grind worth it again.
    Also the 5*/6* basic arena is a joke.
    Top 100 for a 6* and top 500 for a 5* old champ is just wrong at where the game is now.
    This need to be top 1% for the 6* and top 5-10% for the 5* basic.
    Back then when 4*s where the meta, a player could compete at arena and get it with the top 10%, now this is not happening with 6*s but the most annoying is that it’s not happening even with the 5*s at arena.
    Free to play is suffering lately on this game and this seems to be the new trend.
    I ain’t ftp but I don’t like the direction the game is heading at all.
    As a paying player I see my spending decreasing relatively, not as a reaction to these or a “statement”, but simply because changes like these make me enjoy and play the game less, and as a consequence spending less on something I’m not that interested anymore.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    In the last round of Arena before the update, I could just about squeak out all milestones in the two 5* arenas (as well as most milestones in the other arenas, if I felt like it). In this, even after a lot more grind, I could not reach the last milestone in one of them and I didn't even reach the first milestone of the second arena. I couldn't be bothered with the other arenas because of the fatigue that set in.

I don't know how Kabam could not have anticipated this? They must have, it feels like simple math. Fewer arenas with fewer viable champions, of which fewer people have the most viable ones? Of course it's not going to go down well, despite other changes made alongside these are good.
  • Options
    BowTieJohnBowTieJohn Posts: 2,361 ★★★★
    Has certainly left a bitter taste in my mouth. Add this to the issue with the game crashing so much. There is more, but wanted to keep this post related to the issue at the hand.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,465 ★★★★
    Would rather potion farm
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,079 ★★★★

About the same, 160ish rounds total but less units, only did the 1 and a half arenas. I'd usually finish the 5* and 4* featured before I move to 3* and 4*basic arena (don't do all at the same time to avoid burnout), but now I was only cycling 5 and 6* champs, probably less incentive than ever now to rank any 4 or 3* champs or a 5* if not going to commit to take them to r4
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    never did arenas before still not doing them
  • Options
    manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    never did arenas before still not doing them
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★
    Before the arena changes I was excited because I thought they were going to finally upgrade it and make it less time, or at the very least keep it the same... I was wrong
  • Options
    Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I was just busy this week, I'll probably hit them up more when I have more time