**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Gwenmaster Thread

2»

Comments

• king_ov_scrubsking_ov_scrubs Posts: 396 ★★★
    super fun fight
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Hey kabam. Fight sucks. Way to go

How does this fight suck? It's well done I have solod 3/3
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Posts: 162
    Yes, I can read. Everyone loves her. I still think it’s a stupid fight. It’s convoluted, high HP, and sure people can solo it in 4 mins but not everyone can. I did not enjoy this fight, nor this chapter. And I can voice my opinion if I please. Trash chapter culminating in a trash boss fight
    edited May 2021
    I’ve watched videos. Watched MSD fight her and that only provided SOME answers. I love how when someone brings up an issue y’all always implicitly or explicitly come to “well maybe if you had skill”. I never called it advanced science, I just don’t see why I need 3-4 videos, read a prologue to a fight, or come to server or forum to be condescended to. Literally make a boss fight thats straight forward. That’s fun. A straight forward fight
  • yuwyuw Posts: 316 ★★

I’ve watched videos. Watched MSD fight her and that only provided SOME answers. I love how when someone brings up an issue y’all always implicitly or explicitly come to “well maybe if you had skill”. I never called it advanced science, I just don’t see why I need 3-4 videos, read a prologue to a fight, or come to server or forum to be condescended to. Literally make a boss fight thats straight forward. That’s fun. A straight forward fight

No fight is straight foward in this game especially after 6.1. Just look at the side quest, cavelier event quest. All contents require some reading and planning
    Again, reading a node, and having to memorize every phase a character is going to go into is two completely separate things. Please stop acting like they aren’t
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    Best high-stakes fight I've ever fought.

Took a few revives to imprint into my reflexes, but it was a total blast when I got the hang of it. Prof X with White Mags synergy rocks this fight.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★

Again, reading a node, and having to memorize every phase a character is going to go into is two completely separate things. Please stop acting like they aren’t

Or you could literally pause mid game and read the prompt.
    Only way Kabam could make it any easier for you is releasing a how-to guide
  • MaxLeeMaxLee Posts: 205 ★★

Or you could literally pause mid-game and read the prompt.
    The only way Kabam could make it any easier for you is by releasing a how-to guide
    @SwarmOfRavens Well, not a How-to-Fight Guide... But a guide explaining the Nodes in easier and shorter format or in Video graphic format before release or at least they should have put the Boss nodes details with the Act 7.2 release note in the forum that would have been really helpful... it's just too much reading in-game.. it makes you feel in school again...It takes out the fun at that moment when you cleared the path and all pumped up to take on the boss and then you see such long nodes to read in-game.. we are playing the game for Fun, not for studies.
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    MaxLee said:

The only way Kabam could make it any easier for you is by releasing a how-to guide
    @SwarmOfRavens Well, not a How-to-Fight Guide... But a guide explaining the Nodes in easier and shorter format or in Video graphic format before release or at least they should have put the Boss nodes details with the Act 7.2 release note in the forum that would have been really helpful... it's just too much reading in-game.. it makes you feel in school again...It takes out the fun at that moment when you cleared the path and all pumped up to take on the boss and then you see such long nodes to read in-game.. we are playing the game for Fun, not for studies.
    I agree they should have pre-released the boss nodes and I'm pretty sure they intended to ( there was a missing link in the 7.2 notes for gwenmaster ) but the nodes themselves are already well explained. I personally don't have a problem with the text since it's something you go through once and don't have to worry about for exploration.

The phases also use well known abilities so it really shouldn't be too hard to figure out, Emma's diamond form, Killmongers reflection, doom's aura etc

The person I replied to is acting like there were no details explaining what had to be done and you needed to memorise when everything is in her abilities and also given when you pause the game.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    One of the best boss fight so far in the game if not the best imho. Everything about it is perfect, excellent execution. I really enjoyed it. I was upset about bugs last 2 wars but I'm no longer upset. :)
    You need to understand her stages and fight well to take her down. Most champs should be able to fight her, only requirements are skill and understanding of her mechanocs.
    Kudos to Kabam for this Boss design.
  • No_oneukNo_oneuk Posts: 1,430 ★★★★★
    Some people want boss fights to be a champion whose special 1 is a single beam special 2 is a single beam and has no buffs or debuffs it sounds like lmao

Reading much too hurt my much head ouch
  • BonzodavidBonzodavid Posts: 586 ★★★
    No_oneuk said:

Some people want boss fights to be a champion whose special 1 is a single beam special 2 is a single beam and has no buffs or debuffs it sounds like lmao

Reading much too hurt my much head ouch

Yikes! That seems a too hard of a fight!
    How about.. Listen closely... A fight where the opponent doesn't gain any power.. And has act 1 ai?

Although that might also be too complex...
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    MaxLee said:

Man if you have studied the whole semester, you would definitely want to read the question paper before writing the answer
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    https://youtu.be/kIpSOo69C9k

SpiderGwen and her enervate is such an MVP, really lets you get into the rhythm of the fight. Here's my solo with her, hope it helps :)
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

5/5 solos
  • BuckyBruhBuckyBruh Posts: 453 ★★★