**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Champs that are so good at r4 that they don’t even need to be r5

Name some champs that you guys think are so good at r4 that r5 is more of a want than a necessity.

One champ I can think of is AA. As long as he’s awakened and around that 112 area then you’re really good to go.

Comments

• AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,263 ★★★★★
    Back in the day, Blade was a god. I never needed to r5 him and just kept taking others up. To this day, blade and Stark remain at r4 along with Medusa.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,780 ★★★★★
    Longshot.
  • GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
    AA and void
  • Ksp_2099Ksp_2099 Posts: 735 ★★★
    For heavy buff matchups and stun is possible then even a r1 5* Ronan(awakened) is too good.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    G99 and mags I’m perfectly happy with at r4.
  • Hrishikesh713Hrishikesh713 Posts: 712 ★★★
    If you are just trying to save resources and to comfort yourself then thats okay otherwise that logic is super flawed...higher the rank always better the health and attack damage (even dot too)...n!!!
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Definitely AA, Vulture, Howard, Angela and hulkbuster
  • Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Idk about others but it's uncomfortable seeing a champ sitting at r4 for long . In my cases i am already TB and if i r4 a champ i make sure to r5 him . That way he/she gets much better.

And trust me , the difference in r4 and r5 is bigger than you think.
  • The_One_Proits69The_One_Proits69 Posts: 8
    i think quake, i mean its always helpful to have her at r5, but she can get through so much even at r4, and it rather rank others up to her as she can be at r4 and do so much
  • manveertherealmanveerthereal Posts: 1,359 ★★★
    Magneto comes first to my head
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,055 ★★★★★

I don't support this idea. Even if it is Mags, Ghost, or AA.
    Bigger rank-> more HP, more damage, better challenge rating or how is it called.
    My friend doesnt want to R3 Magneto, he says he already has big numbers and can oneshot everything, well I think, more health is always good, and numbers will increase with 7.3 release and on, soon, R2 won't do enough. That counts for every champ, if you ask me

I agree with you there. Mags at r3 do things faster tha n 5/65 especially in act 7
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,738 ★★★★★
    edited May 2021
    G2099

I actually tested that: RoL WS takedown.

R3 5* 260 hits
    R4 5* 240 hits

With combo 150+, the differences are wiped off

• ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,733 ★★★★★
    I don't really buy this argument, I rather tend to find that ranking a champ up properly allows you to learn more about them since you're not as scared to die constantly from a stray hit. It happens that I take r4 5*s or r1 6*s with me into quest, but I absolutely strive to bring r5/r2s whenever possible. Sure, champs like Void and Quake can dance around the opponent for long without being max-rank...but why would you? Why wouldn't you just invest the resources to shorten the dance for your best champions?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Name some champs that you guys think are so good at r4 that r5 is more of a want than a necessity.

One champ I can think of is AA. As long as he’s awakened and around that 112 area then you’re really good to go.

I take it you've 💯 all variants and act 6? Otherwise, knock those out with all R4 and you'll see why R5 are beneficial when the block damage is almost as bad as taking a regular hit in other content. Higher rank gives more health and padding for block damage or an occasional slip up. It also means you're going to be ending fights faster to save health and time (my time is valuable). The longer a fight goes in, the more block damage you're going to take or the more likely you are to slip up.

R4 quake is nothing compared to R5 quake. If you play perfectly all the time with her, I guess she's fine at R4 for a lot, but fights can really drag on. I take my R5 into AW for mixmaster korgs and it's usually down to the wire to finish of 40k Korgs in 3 minutes with some small attack boosts. R4 Quake couldn't hang without timing out.