**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

SHANG-CHI OR MR.NEGETIVE

BzeeBzee Posts: 258 ★★
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
So kabam released shang chi and mr Negetive for this month of May. Just want to know everyones thought about Which champ dp they think is better (both in terms of damage and utility)?
And why ?

SHANG-CHI OR MR.NEGETIVE 114 votes

Shang Chi
79%
GamerAlfa_PigeonBitterSteelMagicBentonKDoggg2017Alex13369YoMovesThatGuyYouSaw235Rbk19KiptonadeLucky7LucianoSandeepSyuwReferencemanveertherealLogan00Sachhyam25710or_StrongAvengers320Zinser 91 votes
Mr Negetive
20%
MasterSmokeSpity68JadedSpeedbumpMets17Sw0rdMasterTexas_11DeaconDJMNHMr.0-8-4Speedy0116Icy000Danyal_39007SanjuaNOOBis235Primerprime5Negative_100H700FlyGalaxyBombBzee 23 votes

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    I haven't played around with Mr.Negative yet and plus, he has a specific playstyle that you need to get down. So, it all depends on the player.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    On first glance, shang chi. But tbf we didnt all get a mister negative to test out as a 3*
  • Options
    IronGladiator22IronGladiator22 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Shang Chi
    Mr negative is still a pretty good champ. And he has some of the best animations in the game
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    Shang chi is better, but I think I prefer Mr Negative
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    Texas_11 said:

Mr. Negative has an almost genius play design. I really value champs that can create their own openings and you essentially create your own match. Tigra is a big example of this. I like that he is input skilled as well.

I do think Shang Chi is a fantastic champ, but not sure how he will line up in the meta. There is something In the game I like to call champion fatigue. This is where a champ is fun at first but then becomes a strain to play in real content. Some champs I believe this has happened to and similar champs this can happen to:

Massacre
    Ronin
    Invisible woman
    Stryfe
    Aegon
    G99
    Morningstar

All these champs are great. But can feel a little exhausting to build up and play fight after fight, unless you have to.

To be fair I think Mr.Negative can easily fall into this category, but you are playing the opponent , not necessarily yourself if that makes sense.

Add Cull to that list.
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    I'd rather have Shang than Nick. Mostly because I run suicides without DW because Claire hates me, but yeah Shang would be one of my default questing champs.

Also Mr. Negative's SP1 occasionally crashes my device, so there's that. Dang Kabam and their love of rock debris.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    As much as I love Mr Negative and everything about him as a champion, objectively, yeah Shang has more uses. However, Negative is much more unique, everything Shang can do, another skill champ can do. While that doesn’t necessarily Shang worse, Negative is unique.

I am however, looking forward to more people getting their hands on Negative and making their own content. The CCP hyped up Shang so much and did tons of videos on him, then tried Negative for like one video. So I don’t think he’s had the same hype or attention yet

I will maintain the fact I think Negative is gonna be a slow burner before people get a handle on his playstyle and what he can do. Maybe one day he’ll be seen as better than Shang!
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★
    Mr Negetive
    I have to do him.
  • Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Shang Chi
    Texas_11 said:

Mr. Negative has an almost genius play design. I really value champs that can create their own openings and you essentially create your own match. Tigra is a big example of this. I like that he is input skilled as well.

I do think Shang Chi is a fantastic champ, but not sure how he will line up in the meta. There is something In the game I like to call champion fatigue. This is where a champ is fun at first but then becomes a strain to play in real content. Some champs I believe this has happened to and similar champs this can happen to:

Massacre
    Ronin
    Invisible woman
    Stryfe
    Aegon
    G99
    Morningstar

All these champs are great. But can feel a little exhausting to build up and play fight after fight, unless you have to.

To be fair I think Mr.Negative can easily fall into this category, but you are playing the opponent , not necessarily yourself if that makes sense.

Quake for me here. Just an absolute strain and agonizing to use. Every other champ is a 'ramp up' of sorts, I noticed...but man, is Quake a rough ride every single time...
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Mr Negetive
    YoMoves said:

Texas_11 said:

Massacre
    Ronin
    Invisible woman
    Stryfe
    Aegon
    G99
    Morningstar

Quake for me here. Just an absolute strain and agonizing to use. Every other champ is a 'ramp up' of sorts, I noticed...but man, is Quake a rough ride every single time...
    I actually thought I had included her lol. Quake is very rough. It is dreadful using her to the point where I rather use a couple revives and pots to avoid it.

I’ll be curious to see how long Shang Chi luster last.
  • Options
    MiloticshyamMiloticshyam Posts: 102
    Shang Chi
    Even tho shang chi's abilities are good , I like Mr.Negative's animations better, he joins the glorious after image dex club with prof x and ghost.
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★
    edited May 2021
    Mr Negetive
    Mister Negative is fun to play and i love seeing him melt everything on the Cavalier science path.

https://youtu.be/wIX5l-pibQk
    https://youtu.be/YG-x6lA38ok
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Mr Negetive
    Texas_11 said:

YoMoves said:

Texas_11 said:

Massacre
    Ronin
    Invisible woman
    Stryfe
    Aegon
    G99
    Morningstar

I actually thought I had included her lol. Quake is very rough. It is dreadful using her to the point where I rather use a couple revives and pots to avoid it.

I’ll be curious to see how long Shang Chi luster last.
    Ditto, times a million.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Mr Negetive
    and i chose Negative purely because of his design. it's so sick lol
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi
    Shang chi is better but I was mr negative more because he’s cooler and looks fun to play.
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Shang Chi

I have to do him.

scuse me?
  • Options
    Mr.0-8-4Mr.0-8-4 Posts: 462 ★★★
    Mr Negetive
    In terms of utility and overall gameplay: Shang Chi

In terms of sheer badassery: Mr. Negative