Options

Long time player about done. Crashing/lag

DoubleBogeyDoubleBogey Posts: 14
edited June 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues
I started playing this game before there were crystal shards and I'm about to be done. I stopped spending shortly after the crashing/lag was introduced in the game about 6 months or so ago. I don't think kabam has even acknowledged it as an issue. Honestly I'm questioning if this game is worth my time anymore. It's completely unacceptable to not be able to run thru my 6* roster in arena without crashing. Then there are the other issues where things just don't work as they should. Parrys not working for no reason, getting hit by things that have never been an issue in the past, just overall horrendous game performance where I'm not sure what's going to happen. That used to not be the case. The reason I fell in love with this game is because of the control I felt playing. It feels like the game is shifting into a slot machine. I don't care what shiny champs I have if the gameplay sucks, which currently it does.

Is there any hope game performance and stability is going to be addressed ever? Or is this the foreseeable future of the game? It doesn't seem like kabam cares at all about the player experience. I know not a single dev plays this game as this certainly would be fixed if they did. It's so disappointing that a game capable of being great is in this state.

-Frustrated summoner
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    Jridenhour_3Jridenhour_3 Posts: 348 ★★
    OGAvenger said:

Lol “crashing and lagging were introduced to the game”. Was that a new champ or a new feature/quest?

But it all seriousness…it’s not that bad.

You do realize everyone’s game acts differently depending on device and such. And yeah this game usually is pretty bad most of the time.
  • Options
    jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★

I started playing this game before there were crystal shards and I'm about to be done. I stopped spending shortly after the crashing/lag was introduced in the game about 6 months or so ago. I don't think kabam has even acknowledged it as an issue. Honestly I'm questioning if this game is worth my time anymore. It's completely unacceptable to not be able to run thru my 6* roster in arena without crashing. Then there are the other issues where things just don't work as they should. Parrys not working for no reason, getting hit by things that have never been an issue in the past, just overall horrendous game performance where I'm not sure what's going to happen. That used to not be the case. The reason I fell in love with this game is because of the control I felt playing. It feels like the game is shifting into a slot machine. I don't care what shiny champs I have if the gameplay sucks, which currently it does.

Is there any hope game performance and stability is going to be addressed ever? Or is this the foreseeable future of the game? It doesn't seem like kabam cares at all about the player experience. I know not a single dev plays this game as this certainly would be fixed if they did. It's so disappointing that a game capable of being great is in this state.

-Frustrated summoner

I don't know if I could've said it better. It's been about 9 months for me. I even bought a new device thinking my old one was the issue, it wasn't. Good luck man, I hope something will be fixed one of these days.
  • Options
    PsychoakumaPsychoakuma Posts: 564 ★★
    Are you on android? Due to the large variety of phones with various specs it may be the issue. iphones tend to have less issues generally.
  • Options
    Negative_100Negative_100 Posts: 1,650 ★★★★

Are you on android? Due to the large variety of phones with various specs it may be the issue. iphones tend to have less issues generally.

I'm android and I never crash
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,165 ★★★★★
    Is it possible, and I have very vague and limited knowledge on this topic, to upgrade their server? Increase size and space for a price?
  • Options
    Santa_PsycheSanta_Psyche Posts: 150
    I play on Ipad and the game crashes after every 2 fights,all modes.
  • Options
    Putang76Putang76 Posts: 283 ★★
    edited June 2021
    It’s is mostly a device issue, and mostly in arena
    Anyone that says there game doesn’t crash or lag, I have to call B.S.
    I play on a iPhone 7, 8 and a 12 pro max
    And they all crash from time to time,
    And it is super frustrating playing a such a fast paced, skilled game that fight timing and reaction is everything in this game and getting cracks because of lag.
    Even more frustrating is Kabam won’t admit that there’s is a problem, ya it’s a old game and it’s going to be a gone game if this continues.
    Hope they find a solution, because I don’t want to quit.
    Also don’t want to see players leave.
  • Options
    BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

I'm a heavy grinder and i get frequent crashes on both my iPhone XS Max & iPhone 12 pro max .. I even have a iPhone 7+ that i keep for a spare and it happens on that one also .
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,752 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

Is it possible, and I have very vague and limited knowledge on this topic, to upgrade their server? Increase size and space for a price?

I recall murmurs of them hosting the game on Google servers previously. Not sure if that's still the case.
  • Options
    DJMNHDJMNH Posts: 720 ★★★
    I use ROG 3 phone which is especially designed for gaming experience, but to my bad, the game lags there too. It hurts even more when game lags during war season and these minor mistakes (glitch, lagging, previously persistent charges issue etc) costs us the entire war.

So many maintenance yet they hvnt find any solution for glitch free content is saddening.

Infact they should come up with several modes were the user can optimize the graphic level as per his device capabilities.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    DJMNH said:

I use ROG 3 phone which is especially designed for gaming experience, but to my bad, the game lags there too. It hurts even more when game lags during war season and these minor mistakes (glitch, lagging, previously persistent charges issue etc) costs us the entire war.

So many maintenance yet they hvnt find any solution for glitch free content is saddening.

Infact they should come up with several modes were the user can optimize the graphic level as per his device capabilities.

As someone who bought that phone specifically for gaming, it is disheartening to see my iPhone 7 plus run the game as smooth as rog3. The game really needs to be better for Android than it's current state.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Putang76 said:

It’s is mostly a device issue, and mostly in arena
    Anyone that says there game doesn’t crash or lag, I have to call B.S.
    I play on a iPhone 7, 8 and a 12 pro max
    And they all crash from time to time,
    And it is super frustrating playing a such a fast paced, skilled game that fight timing and reaction is everything in this game and getting cracks because of lag.
    Even more frustrating is Kabam won’t admit that there’s is a problem, ya it’s a old game and it’s going to be a gone game if this continues.
    Hope they find a solution, because I don’t want to quit.
    Also don’t want to see players leave.

I've never had lag. Don't know why. The game has been crashing more lately for me though.
  • Options
    DedeskalionDedeskalion Posts: 8
    Have played off and on for 5 years, always been a lot of loading screen time that has only gotten worse over time.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian
    DawsMan said:

Server capacity is almost certainly not the issue. If it were, it would affect all players to a similar degree.
    DJMNH said:

Graphics detail is also almost certainly not the issue. At least, *rendered* detail is almost certainly not the issue. My suspicion is that the issue is memory management related, but allowing players to reduce the displayed graphical detail on their screens would have almost zero impact on the kinds of memory management issues that I think are possibly the culprit.

Just for completeness, I don't think CPU speed, or lack of it, is a direct cause either. This problem affects both old phones and newer phones.
  • Options
    leviddletonleviddleton Posts: 78
    DNA3000 said:

The best way I have to mitigate the problem until a fix is discovered is to restart the game client every 15-20 minutes of arena grinding or just before going into an important fight (i.e. before starting an AQ/AW fight). There's also often a preliminary indication the game is about to crash in the form of some laggy or choppy responsiveness in the game client, or a slow down in loading visual resources (champion portrait icons, etc). When that happens, restarting the game client generally prevents crashing in an upcoming fight.

Says a lot about how stable a game is when the solution put forth is “crash it yourself before it crashes on its own”.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,700 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

The best way I have to mitigate the problem until a fix is discovered is to restart the game client every 15-20 minutes of arena grinding or just before going into an important fight (i.e. before starting an AQ/AW fight). There's also often a preliminary indication the game is about to crash in the form of some laggy or choppy responsiveness in the game client, or a slow down in loading visual resources (champion portrait icons, etc). When that happens, restarting the game client generally prevents crashing in an upcoming fight.

Says a lot about how stable a game is when the solution put forth is “crash it yourself before it crashes on its own”.
    You could also try reloading Windows.