**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

June Side Quest is Tedious

TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
Firstly, I do appreciate that the side quest takes 0 energy to complete, and there are only 4 fights to complete an entry.

However, 7 entries per difficulty per week (28 x 4 = 112 paths!) is extremely time consuming and tedious. I understand that I'm not required to complete it all, but I'm a completionist and typically always do all the side quest.

For future side quests, please consider reducing the number of entries and perhaps increasing the rewards per path to shorten the overall time commitment for those who wish to take part.

That is all.

Comments

• Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,164 ★★★★★
    If you are cav, your champs should be good enough to take out a round in about five minutes. Unless you are a supa speedy progressor. Even then you should still be able to do it all, will just be a grind. If you have an hour, you can fairly easily grind out 12 paths. 112/12 = 9.3 days. Not bad at all.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    DawsMan said:

If you are cav, your champs should be good enough to take out a round in about five minutes. Unless you are a supa speedy progressor. Even then you should still be able to do it all, will just be a grind. If you have an hour, you can fairly easily grind out 12 paths. 112/12 = 9.3 days. Not bad at all.

Well it's probably not about how long it takes, it looks tiresome even if it's easy. As a person who just got Cavalier, I find the quests really easy to play, even at Legendary difficulty. Sometimes I mess up, but it's got nothing to do with the Difficulty.

I shred the paths with CGR or Archangel mostly, finish the boss with Pre-fight Torch, and yeah, the fights are done.
    But imagine doing it for 28 paths. Even if they're easy, they'll be tiresome. I had dozed off trying to complete it before I go to sleep.
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    The lowest 2 difficulty can easily be Auto-Completed.
  • Options
    edited June 2021

I'm not griping about the difficulty. It takes a very long time, especially when compared to many other side quests.

• Options

DawsMan said:

Well it's probably not about how long it takes, it looks tiresome even if it's easy. As a person who just got Cavalier, I find the quests really easy to play, even at Legendary difficulty. Sometimes I mess up, but it's got nothing to do with the Difficulty.

I shred the paths with CGR or Archangel mostly, finish the boss with Pre-fight Torch, and yeah, the fights are done.
    But imagine doing it for 28 paths. Even if they're easy, they'll be tiresome. I had dozed off trying to complete it before I go to sleep.
    This. Thank you.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,052 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

DawsMan said:

This. Thank you.
    Great minds think alike :wink:
  • Options
    Furious_Fighter1Furious_Fighter1 Posts: 855 ★★★★
    Typhoon said:

I'm not griping about the difficulty. It takes a very long time, especially when compared to many other side quests.

Yup I know, What i meant by my comment is that you can put the first 2 difficulties on Auto Play while busying yourselves with some IRL things to do. This way, the easier difficulties will be completed and you wouldn't feel like you wasted much of your time.
  • Options

Typhoon said:

Yup I know, What i meant by my comment is that you can put the first 2 difficulties on Auto Play while busying yourselves with some IRL things to do. This way, the easier difficulties will be completed and you wouldn't feel like you wasted much of your time.
    For sure. I did do auto on the lower 2 difficulties, but you still need to sit there and babysit it since there are portals involved, and the paths don't take super long to finish.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @Typhoon I agree. Grindy side quests are my least favorite regardless of difficulty.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    You don’t have to do every difficulty, just do as much that interests you
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,810 ★★★★★
    not as grindy as January
  • Options
    Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146
    Ilacskills has done it on stream both weeks and it takes roughly 2 hours to do all 28 paths - it may seem tedious but 2 hours over a week doesn't seem too bad
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,810 ★★★★★
    Zeroj2k said:

Ilacskills has done it on stream both weeks and it takes roughly 2 hours to do all 28 paths - it may seem tedious but 2 hours over a week doesn't seem too bad

it’s about 18 minutes a day for him.

Varies depending on the fights you get and team you bring in
  • Options
    Zeroj2kZeroj2k Posts: 146
    I have no 6* rank 3's and I can speed through first 3 difficulties - Legendary slows me down a bit and that ultron is the biggest pain
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,225 ★★★★★
    Legend says moleman expedition was fun!!
  • Options
    RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,408 ★★★★★
    I mean you got an entire week to complete 7 runs and like op said they aren't required to finish. I usually spread the 7 entires throughout the week
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,640 ★★★★★
    Honestly, these aren't made for endgame players. At some point, TB players find Cav difficulty a little tedious. Doesn't mean that it isnt fun or a good design, because it usually fits some players well. Unfortunate that you are not in that group, but maybe you could mix it in with other more "fun" for you content.

Personally, I find it much less tedious than many previous monthly SQ and much less annoying (no nodes except on bosses, no crazy fights, etc). Is it for everyone? Sadly, no. Are you required to do all difficulties though? also no. Do as much as you can till you fall asleep, then be comforted by the fact that if you miss out on some rewards, they probably weren't that crazy anyways.
  • Options
    PulyamanPulyaman Posts: 2,365 ★★★★★
    The only content I find tedious are LOL and AOL. I don't like fights and quests that last 5 or 6 hrs. I know LOL is easier now, but the content just does not interest me. If kabam ever decide that we could do AOL and any other quest, I may decide to explore them.
    With this side quest, we are not forced to all difficulties. If you want to try your hand at the max possible number of cav crystals, then you need to do it. No prize without the effort. But, I have no interest in cavs since I have never pulled a 5 star put of these things from side quests. I am interested in the t2cc, t1cc and the likes since I am always ranking up my 2 and 3 stars to max.
    Tdlr: It's optional. No need to do it if you are TB since the rewards are very less.
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,164 ★★★★★
    edited June 2021

DawsMan said:

Yeah I was more focused on time. I'm immune to the pain of repetition after grinding lvl 3 health pots for hours at a time. And for the record, I have done them all. I do all of the side quest as soon as its available.