**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Arena: Synergy Teams or Top 3

GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★
Hi All,

Was just wondering. I have made multiple synergy teams do use in arena.
15 4* teams (maxed)
17 5* teams (r4+)
6 stars I just use everyone but use synergies as much as I can.

I was wondering if other people also select their teams because of synergies, or if they just pick from the champs that are at the top, and only select others if the 3 don`t work together.

Arena: Synergy Teams or Top 3 31 votes

Synergy Teams
29%
Crys23MagicBentonFrostyzuffySandeepSGustavo20MiStaLovaMAERvelGODFink 9 votes
Champs at the top of usable roster
70%
Maverick03820RockyshockyDeadpool87AATTMauledThoye3DaddriedaThyShookethRenaxqqCharlie21540TrashyPandaThanks_D19AmnetiesTheBair123ScrubhanDarkKnight646RiptideNegative_100TheBoogyManWooptyfrickendoo 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    Darksniper240Darksniper240 Posts: 222 ★★★
    99 percent of the time use top 3 until I get to a point where I know it'll trigger a death match. Only time I actually use synergies is if I am sandbagging and around the 13 streak mark, just for good measure that I don't break the streak. But half the time I don't even pay attention to that.

It looks like you have a lot more maxed 4s and and r4 5's than I do, so congrats on having the patience to click through your roster to select the champs with synergies.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I only use a synergy if they’re very close together in my roster and it’s a synergy that makes a real difference. For example my 6* LC, Mephisto and Champion are all within 2 rows of each other so I usually run them together as it makes a difference but if I actually have to think about it, the additional 30 seconds thought would probably have been better used in the 2 combos I’d have saved.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    I actually go bottom-up when I do arena (start from the lowest pi r4 5 star and go all the way to the top)
  • Options
    MrInsanityMrInsanity Posts: 1,539 ★★★★

I actually go bottom-up when I do arena (start from the lowest pi r4 5 star and go all the way to the top)

You monster.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    i've always thought i've done arena wrong, so i figure that i'd just explain how i do it in a normal 3 day arena period

1 PM: new arenas drop
    1:00-1:30: use my favorite unleveled and unranked 5*s and build up a full streak
    1:30-2:30: use all my r5, r4, and r3 5*s
    2:30-3:00: use all my 6*s (I have 15 total)
    9:00-10:00: reuse all my r5, r4, and r3 5*s

in just half a day, this earns me about 3 million points even though i have a very small roster and never use units to refresh champs
  • Options
    GiuliameijGiuliameij Posts: 1,849 ★★★★

i've always thought i've done arena wrong, so i figure that i'd just explain how i do it in a normal 3 day arena period

1:00-1:30: use my favorite unleveled and unranked 5*s and build up a full streak

in just half a day, this earns me about 3 million points even though i have a very small roster and never use units to refresh champs

Why would that be wrong? Maybe there are more efficient ways. But if this is the method that keeps you going in arena I would say it is a good method.
  • Options
    TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★

Why would that be wrong? Maybe there are more efficient ways. But if this is the method that keeps you going in arena I would say it is a good method.
    i never bothered to learn what an infinite streak in arena is, so i've just always figured there's some easier way to do it
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    Top 3, unless there's an easy on-screen synergy.

As for streak building I do Fodder 'till Streak 5, then do 6*s, then top down 5*s.

I don't hit the arena too hard, so I get high point champs out of the way first in case I get too bored to go on.
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 740 ★★★★
    Synergy Teams
    Synergies boost team PI. Higher PI, more points. More points less rounds. Same reason why suicides gives more points.
    Also, synergies can help end fights quicker. No wonder so many people hate arena. You'all are doing it wrong 😄