**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Epic SQ boss Morningstar nodes?

LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
edited June 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Can anyone post the nodes on Epic SQ Morningstar boss?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Please guys...
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    It has something to do with stagger. If you stay close you get a stagger. The next buff thst you get will be nullified and you'll get 20% damage of defender's attack. Staying away shrugs the stagger.

Morningstar boss. Take in bleed immune champs who don't gaintoo many buffs.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @TheBoogyMan
    Havok and spidergwen ok?
    And this is same node in Master boss too. There's nothing new between Epic and master boss?
  • Options
    TheCaptain412TheCaptain412 Posts: 337 ★★★
    I one-shotted MS with Claire in Epic.
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    edited June 2021
    Just use Ghost. She gets Morningstar down before the nodes even start to matter. Otherwise, a bleed immune that doesn’t have many buffs should work, though keep in mind that you get a buff when parrying and when dexing.

Basically, the nodes give you a stagger when you’re close, and you take damage when a buff is nullified. You also get a 5% fury buff when you parry
  • Options
    Alright thanks guys. Used my Iceman for her. Just dash back to avoid stagger and spam sp1 to k.o. her.
  • Options
    If only I had ghost, BW CV... 🥺🥺🥺
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★

Hendross said:

200% attk & health
    Shatter -2
    Staggering Beauty
    Subterfuge - Block
    Master of the Sword

Torch - Hold my lighter

Civil Warrior- "It's Showtime!"
    You might want to be careful, there.

Her SP2 gets bonus Damage per buff on the opponent.

It also Nullifies, but that's a separate thing. I'd bait the SP1, if I were you...
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★

Hendross said:

200% attk & health
    Shatter -2
    Staggering Beauty
    Subterfuge - Block
    Master of the Sword

Torch - Hold my lighter

Civil Warrior- "It's Showtime!"
    You might want to be careful, there.

Her SP2 gets bonus Damage per buff on the opponent.

It also Nullifies, but that's a separate thing. I'd bait the SP1, if I were you...

• Options
    GatorSlam_MrvKnGatorSlam_MrvKn Posts: 211
    Just torch her. Used my 5*r4 to down her easily
  • Options
    LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Red Hulk be Clapping Every Boss for this Whole Event...
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    I used Sentinel on her
  • Options
    Hendross said:

200% attk & health
    Shatter -2
    Staggering Beauty
    Subterfuge - Block
    Master of the Sword

Torch - Hold my lighter

For anyone who wants more detail, Legendary Morningstar has...
    Shatter-2 (You take 30% of the Defender's Modified Attack as Direct Damage when a Buff is Nullified)
    Staggering Beauty (Being Close to the Defender places a Stagger *Debuff* on you every 3 seconds, staying away will remove it)
    Subterfuge-Block (You gain a Fury Buff when you Parry).
    Master of the Sword (Morningstar starts with an extra 1 Soul Persistent Charge for 2 fights)

The Epic Morningstar doesn't have Master of the Sword and her Shatter Node is Level 1 instead of 2.

Notice the Stagger is a Debuff and not a Passive, meaning it can be Shrugged Off, also of course any Stagger Immune Champions will Ignore it Completely.
    If you don't have a Champion with either of those Abilities just make sure you Don't Use Parry or Dexterity!

Elsa Bloodstone did well for me albeit cutting it a tad close (also applies Passive Degen when Morningstar places a Bleed on you), Ramped Up Gully 2099 should do well if you use 2 Prefights so you don't start with an Armor Up (also Bleed Immune), I haven't tested it yet but Magneto should be Beast here with his AAR and Bleed Resist, then of course Red Hulk can just tank through everything with the Physical Resist then deal back all those Double Hits with the Class Advantage.

Off the top of my head the Stagger Immunes are Civil Warrior, Thing, Mr Negative, Hulk Classic (with Hulkbuster Synergy), Crossbones (with Punisher 2099/Red Skull Synergy And the Hit-Monkey/Nebula/Yondu/Platinumpool Synergy), and The Overseer. (Colossus is also 65% Stagger Resistant with the Magneto X Synergy).
  • Options
    evilKINGwilsonevilKINGwilson Posts: 212
    Thank you for the breakdown LibertyPrime!!

Hate wading through you tube for simple info ...
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    So Quake should be no problem so long as you dont dex too much ?

• Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★

Ah, there might be a problem. The chances maybe less, but if you dex, the stagger penalty is quite high to manage.
  • Options

Ah, there might be a problem. The chances maybe less, but if you dex, the stagger penalty is quite high to manage.
    I can def see that possibility, so great warning to all that aren't able to play her that style.

Im about to jump in will lyk how she worked (bringing Torch for emotional support)🔥
  • Options
    JumpthesharkJumptheshark Posts: 242 ★★
    Easy torch fight. Don’t pay attention to nodes, just nova flame and she’s done.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Thing seems excellent, bleed immune, stagger immune, nullify immune
  • Options
    Magneto may not be great he needs to parry > heavy and his prowess & unstoppable buffs could be nullified (I think)

Quake worked but I did dex and it takes like
    20+% of your health. Going Torchy & Doom next round
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,005 ★★★★
    Thing was perfect for this fight. Soloed all 7 barely taking a scratch.

Just take it slow baiting sp1 til you build up to 60 furies, then go to town. It won't take long cause anytime she would have made you bleed, you get 3 furies.
  • Options
    The_beast123The_beast123 Posts: 2,050 ★★★★
    Nullify immunes to counter that burst damage node, bleed immune, or energy based attack champions to counter the bleed.

I personally used Torch, and CGR sometimes... If your using someone like CGR, remember that the 5th hit is long enough for the stagger to trigger at the right time as the buff. Moreover, her awakened ability weakens the buffs a lot.
  • Options
    Ultron can also be a good alternative as his functions are independent of AAR. So stagger wont work on him!
  • Options
    LordPSN said:

Ultron can also be a good alternative as his functions are independent of AAR. So stagger wont work on him!

I think you're thinking of Neutralize, Staggers have nothing to do with AAR.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    I used Claire in Curse of Blood, I struggled a bit against the legendary MS ill admit (I'm not the most skilled player ever lol), but CV absolutely shreds the epic MS