**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

One of the highest arena cuttofs now a dream to reach with the servers being down

2»

Comments

• RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    We can't demand they fix things and then loose our heads and demand they stop fixing things and get out of the game! Let's make up our minds...
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    Technically everything be had the same problem so stop wining
    One last thought. Is this the most important arena? Aw, Aq, (whatever) that you have ever played? So much so that even fixing the game for future content and decent functionality is less important as.long as you get blade? But wait! Won't we all feel the same during next.weeks event? So which is more important? The future playability of the Game? Or a single champ or reward? Need to ask yourself that everytime this happens...
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Rap wrote: »
    One last thought. Is this the most important arena? Aw, Aq, (whatever) that you have ever played? So much so that even fixing the game for future content and decent functionality is less important as.long as you get blade? But wait! Won't we all feel the same during next.weeks event? So which is more important? The future playability of the Game? Or a single champ or reward? Need to ask yourself that everytime this happens...

You seem to be missing the point. This was unscheduled maintenance after 'network issues' for hours, where we could get on and then it went back to 'network issues'. I am not a computer engineer but it seems like its server issues with one server going down and another taking on additional load and then also failing due to capacity. They were more than likely not fixing anything since this was ~4 am in the morning for kabam employees.
  • CFreeCFree Posts: 491 ★★
    DJRipster wrote: »
    CFree wrote: »
    DJRipster wrote: »
    bottom line - there shouldn't be server issues after each update... they should be testing their content better and invest in fixing their issues rather than repeat them month after month

There is no point in turning on each other here...

The problem is with the contest, Kabam needs to get their house in order and quit screwing the community every month

The arenas (especially featured) are highly competitive and such downtime will only drive spending for placement... This is NOT OK, and needs to be compensated for every unit spent on refreshes imo

The cutoff will be lower. Everyone is out of the game and in the same position. The goal is to beat others, not an arbitrary score.

People will still refresh 5-stars to make up for their lost time... Scores maybe lower, but there will be a mad rush to the finish line at our expense

If people spends units to refresh, Kabam needs to compensate that on this arena

That's always their choice. The fact remains everyone was paused and is in the same position. Again, there is no magical score or milestone to meet. They're only competing against each other.

• shimonkanashimonkana Posts: 9
    Rap wrote: »

let me ask you this, is it us who caused this what you called 'future content and decent functionality', 'The future playability of the Game?'. They have problem with the game caused by them self, of course they can stop the game and fix it but they also have to put in mind what we lose because of this and that is why we sound this 'whining'.
    I never blamed anyone...the point is if we want it fixed we have to let them in to do it. People are.playing 24/7 all over the world. So in this case it was a server issue? Next time it might be to repair a malfunction...either way it does little good to rage as.some are...no one at kabam plotted to ruin everyone's brakefast...
    Anytime, everytime, players are impacted, this morning it was us...
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    You guys realize that that game was down for EVERYONE, right? Meaning you did not lose or gain any rank in any way, shape or form. That top tier person you are trying to desperately try to reach and beat? Yeah, he didn’t move anywhere either.

You will be fine. If you have enough time to grind 20 mil+ points for Blade, then I am sure you had enough time to wait around for it to be back up again.
  • YellsomeYellsome Posts: 485
    ezzda1 wrote: »
    A smart person would also check if the person they were saying is dumb was actually doing a legends run before calling them dumb,
    I'm not, the point is they release it, it should work, whenever the person doing the legend run decides to start it, the game not working is still kabams fault.

Wot the hell
    by your logic, I should sue Microsoft for all the computers they killed!
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Watden wrote: »
    ezzda1 wrote: »
    Like I said before I'm not doing a legends run ,this thread is actually about arena?????
    My point is you are blaming users when it is kabam who is at fault.
    Maybe you are a kabam employee I dunno.

No, I’m not a kabam employee, just someone who was smart enough not to start a legend run when I knew this maintenance was coming.

So I have no reason to be disgruntled because of an emergency maintenance :*

Also use your eyes and read the last sentence of the OPs post, what is that magical set of words there :0, could it b.... legend title??

Wth is wrong with you? Some people have small windows on opportunity to play the game. So when there are server issues unexpectedly it’s not the users fault for playing the game as intended in their time frame available to them. Smh. Useless people like you help companies run like kabam.
  • shimonkanashimonkana Posts: 9
    Lightvayne wrote: »
    You guys realize that that game was down for EVERYONE, right? Meaning you did not lose or gain any rank in any way, shape or form. That top tier person you are trying to desperately try to reach and beat? Yeah, he didn’t move anywhere either.

You will be fine. If you have enough time to grind 20 mil+ points for Blade, then I am sure you had enough time to wait around for it to be back up again.

Nope, the arena was closed around T-4.5hrs and it was hardly accessible due to maintenance since T-7.5hrs. This is a 24hrs game, ppl that rest during this time is going to win agains ppl that primarily grinding at this time. In other words, some people do go down some ranks due to unable to grind more on this hours, especially that most likely the arena will close till the timer ends, so no last minute boosting with units.
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    Watden wrote: »
    This isn’t the first time the game has gone down so soon to the new update rolling.

Stop doing your legend runs when technical problems are most prone.

At this point it’s your own fault for falling into the same loop.

So you are saying we should continue getting played by Kabam incompetency and our halted game progression due to emergency maintenance must be our fault? That's why we all keep getting played by KABAM. They are practically incompetent to run the game as smooth as possible for at least a month now AND you just want to accept that? How many chances do you want to give to them? Wake up
  • CosmicZenCosmicZen Posts: 54
    Lightvayne wrote: »

Except the people in later timezones than UTC -5 ,whose typical play time was not impacted at all. Some people can only grind after work or before work, which this directly impacted. EX California residents were not impacted at all. NYC residents lost hours of grind/play time.
  • superunknown012superunknown012 Posts: 413 ★★
    R_I_C_E wrote: »
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/30904/the-multiple-emergency-maintenance-11-2-17

"If we have any more information that arises from it, we'll be sure to update all of you."

We were never updated.

Why?

For the love of God please stop resurrecting dead threads from last week. There's already enough nonsense on here with every person creating a new thread about the maintenance and this is like the third of fourth I've seen you bring up from last weeks issue.

It's **** like this that makes this forum as unreadable as you all complain about the game being unplayable. Just stop.
  • LightvayneLightvayne Posts: 510 ★★★
    Everyone was updated. But once again, no one ever seems to bother to read
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/31516/emergency-maintenance-11-06-17#latest