**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why lock summoner showdown to Thronebreakers?

Comments

• Options
    ChikelChikel Posts: 2,059 ★★★★
    GOTG said:

Saying that being thronebreaker at THIS point in time is “rng” based is both disingenuous and absurd

He wants to flex that he is skillful enough to compete in summoner showdown but don't know how to beat many contents out there to form a few t5cc.

Good laugh.
    I'm in Africa so I can't compete but I do not like this change at all
  • Options
    Cr7ms7rs7Cr7ms7rs7 Posts: 52
    edited June 2021

I've formed that mutant t5cc 2 months ago and I haven't pulled any decent mutant till now. Hoping for good bishop buff so that ican finally become tb. All I'm saying is even now rng should be on your side to become tb. I don't care abt summoner showdown I'm just sayin fax btw I have 36 6*s
  • Options
    UvoginUvogin Posts: 345 ★★★
    Cr7ms7rs7 said:

I've formed that mutant t5cc 2 months ago and I haven't pulled any decent mutant till now. Hoping for good bishop buff so that ican finally become tb. All I'm saying is even now rng should be on your side to become tb. I don't care abt summoner showdown I'm just sayin fax btw I have 36 6*s

You're actively choosing not to become Thronebreaker. My alliance mate took up red Cyclops to r3 in December to become Thronebreaker, he has 4 r3s now. Also if you do abyss 100%, you can select a mutant nexus crystal and get a "good" champ if you really want to.
  • Options
    Cr7ms7rs7Cr7ms7rs7 Posts: 52
    Ebony_Naw said:

Cr7ms7rs7 said:

If you had ranked up Bishop earlier, you could have the option to run gauntlet and "replace" that mutant t5cc with 1.5 other t5cc that are more valuable to you. But instead you chose to come to this thread and complain about it.
    First of all I ain't complaining and also not everyone wants to take their red Cyclops to r3. Have a great day
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    Honestly it is incredibly easy to get TB from act 7. If you haven’t explored 7.1 and/or 7.2 yet then this is too hard for you
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Cr7ms7rs7 said:

There's this false notion out there that you have to have a 6*' you want to R3 as soon as you get a T5CC no matter what class it is. Sure, you have 36 6*'s but you've only formed one T5CC which tells me that you aren't doing the same or enough content most other TB players are doing. This example still isn't RNG restricted either. You're roughly half way to forming 3 other T5CC.

What are you doing to get T5CC right now?
  • Options
    odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,379 ★★★★★
    Why can't Africans compete it doesn't make any sense
    @Kill_Grey
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

@Kill_Grey

I can't wait for the slew of these posts to come in the next couple of weeks...
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

@Kill_Grey

Na only God know, bro. Probably because of thing's like shipping laws and tax issues concerning the equipment.
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

@Kill_Grey

Na only God know, bro. Probably because of thing's like shipping laws and tax issues concerning the equipment.
    Yep that's one of the reasons. Shipping costs on Kabams end, and potential import costs depending on specific countries regulations.

The other reason is competition laws, which I don't know about African countries specifically but places like Quebec are extremely strict on them which causes a lot of companies in general to exclude Quebec from their competitions.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,757 ★★★★★
    I had exceedingly amazing luck (coupled with specifically going for as much mystic t5cc as possible, when I could select it) and could r3 my Doom right after I beat the Grandmaster. Had I r3'd my Loki, Dormammu or Iron Fist instead, if I hadn't had any of my good 6* mystics? It would have hurt, but I honestly think I would have. I really like Loki, so I'm tempted to rank him up regardless. It's the same way with someone like MODOK, who is trash; but trash that is nonetheless fun to play with. A fun champ is not a bad first r3, and I actually really like Bishop pre-buff. He can do some really solid numbers vs champs that deal energy damage.

But if I had chosen to wait for a better opportunity, I would at least have accepted that I could become TB at any point but actively chose not to for the moment. Waiting is not wrong, but it is a choice. Especially with the speed that Kabam is buffing old champions, there has never been a better moment to take a chance on someone.

Even if it's not, the t5cc will continue to roll in. You get a selector each month from the EQ, and there is a lot of content out there that rewards it as well. I personally loathe stuff like Labyrinth and Abyss since those types of really long and gruesome quests are just not my cup of tea, but I do enjoy the variants and have explored several of them. Plus, you can get t5cc from the Glory store when you're TB, which is another avenue (especially if you, like I, don't run in an alliance that does map 7). You also have the Carina Challenges. I'm currently doing one of them right now (DAMN YOU, ACT 6 MORDO!).

I personally think that Act 7 has been really fun so far (I'm currently exploring 7.1 before going to the next chapter), with really good rewards that'll help you progress even further.

As for locking certain content behind progression walls? I've never cared. The whole summer will be full of crazy Summer of Pain boss fights anyway with pretty insane rewards, plus all the other content that's there for Cavalier players to get to TB. When it comes to rewards that you're missing out on, completing Gold difficulty earns you all of a...profile pic. That's it, except for if you're one of the very best players in your region and reach the semifinals or beyond.

I'm nowhere near there, but I do think that it's fair to require people who reach the semifinals to be the highest level of progression in the game. It would just be weird otherwise. But if you think you can compete at that level, you really ought to r3 your Groot or whatever to get there. I don't know exactly what the rewards are but I have this sneaking suspicion that they will outshine a t5cc.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,912 ★★★★★
    Imagine if he had a mutant t5cc opened 40 crystals and had no mutant 6 star because, damn you’re close to that. That can stop someone from becoming TB.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Imagine if he had a mutant t5cc opened 40 crystals and had no mutant 6 star because, damn you’re close to that. That can stop someone from becoming TB.

If my 6* roster was so small and bad that I had entire classes that I didn't even have a bad champ of, I'd have spent the last year and a half (it's been out that long) grinding arena to explore Abyss for that selector as you can do that completely with 5*s, get a champ of a specific class you want, and get 3 full t5cc.

Having Abyss fully explored even as a f2p player has been completely feasible for a long time now. There really isn't anyone with a legitimate RNG excuse at this point.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Cr7ms7rs7 said:

Bishop is getting buffed this month…
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 532 ★★★

Ranked gulk, and venom for tb. ...
    Stop complaining just get it done.

To be fair Gulk and Venom are leaps and bounds ahead of Bishop and Cyclops (let's see how the Bishop buff turns out).

Venom would make many top 5 cosmic lists on his variant contributions alone.

But yeah people just got to clear content to open up their options if they're not happy with what they have.

• Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Imagine having two options to r3 and saying you have no options. And we also don't know how much content he has completed. He doesn't have to rank up anyone if he doesn't want to, but that's a choice that's blocking him from other opportunities at t5cc acquisition that he will have to live with.
    Oh I’m not excusing that he has options because he does but he just ain’t ranking them and that’s his choice.
  • Options

If my 6* roster was so small and bad that I had entire classes that I didn't even have a bad champ of, I'd have spent the last year and a half (it's been out that long) grinding arena to explore Abyss for that selector as you can do that completely with 5*s, get a champ of a specific class you want, and get 3 full t5cc.

Having Abyss fully explored even as a f2p player has been completely feasible for a long time now. There really isn't anyone with a legitimate RNG excuse at this point.
    Some people are just not grinders like you. I don’t have abyss done and I have no intentions on ever doing it. There are some content that people just can’t bother to do. For me 1 abyss fight is just too damn long and dying has nothing to do with skill.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Imagine having two options to r3 and saying you have no options. And we also don't know how much content he has completed. He doesn't have to rank up anyone if he doesn't want to, but that's a choice that's blocking him from other opportunities at t5cc acquisition that he will have to live with.
    Oh I’m not excusing that he has options because he does but he just ain’t ranking them and that’s his choice.
    I agree. It's his choice. But I hope my second response gives him a little more to think about and why it might not be the worst thing to rank up Bishop, especially heading into July 4th
    Well it depends on if he’s participating in July 4th event.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

Ebony_Naw said:

I agree. It's his choice. But I hope my second response gives him a little more to think about and why it might not be the worst thing to rank up Bishop, especially heading into July 4th
    Well it depends on if he’s participating in July 4th event.
    I think I've always grabbed the first deal for units. The rest were trash CW imo, but there's always added value in TB deals, even the first one. Wouldn't be worth it just for that, but if he's going to rank up soon for TB, may as well try to do it before July 4th.
    We don’t know what his roster is like so we can’t really say what content he’s able to do.
  • Options
    GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Corkscrew said:

Ranked gulk, and venom for tb. ...
    Stop complaining just get it done.

To be fair Gulk and Venom are leaps and bounds ahead of Bishop and Cyclops (let's see how the Bishop buff turns out).

Venom would make many top 5 cosmic lists on his variant contributions alone.

But yeah people just got to clear content to open up their options if they're not happy with what they have.

Who in their right mind would R3 a champ “because they bring variant contributions” 😭😭😭