Options

Do kabam give free to play players worse luck?

I refuse to pay for anything on this game, and have never been lucky in any crystals other than 5*, it took me almost 100 arena crystals just to get 15 units. Also have opened 13 4* crystals since I’ve gotten back to the game and 0 of them have been good, it’s quite hard to play a game that’s hindering my progress to stupid rates.

Comments

• Options
    SlyCat42SlyCat42 Posts: 500 ★★
    Ok so you're asking the question, but how are you going to answer it? No one really knows.

You would have to find out the algorithm they run for crystals to know whether it matters.

For the most part... no, it doesn't seem to matter. One of my friends plays very casually, but they popped an Angela as their first 4 star, immediately got a 3 star out of the daily, then got a 3 star Psylocke. They never spend anything.

Anyways, if you find out some way to prove it one way or another let me know.
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    Buying the 4* with 2500 units will not mean your 4* is going to give you better pulls. From Spider Gwen to Joe Fixit to Iron Patriots to She Hulk to Karmala Khan etc., they are as likely to be pulled from 2500 units 4* crystals.
  • Options
    Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Posts: 332 ★★
    I noticed when I spend real money on units or something I get better drop rates but then it goes away till I buy another deal or something. For example I went 3-4 months without spending a dime and all my 4 star pulls were luke cafe. Wm. Kamala khan. Colossus. You know., usual trash. But then bought some units. Than all the sudden my luck changed. Finally pulled a 4 star voodoo. Also pulled a 4 star AA from a phc
  • Options
    WatdenWatden Posts: 54
    edited November 2017
    I think a game like cookie clicker is more up to your speed.

• Options
    ScholiaScholia Posts: 116
    I saved my 5 star shards for months. I decides to use 2 on featured spidey stark and pulled a venom and king groot. Its so frustrating. Havent had a good champion in months. Range from joe fixit to iron patriot to war machine. Feel like quitting because its disheartening
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,292 ★★★★★
    Spending doesn't affect the outcomes.
  • Options
    ForumGuyForumGuy Posts: 285 ★★
    Look the answer will be no, but at the end of the day we don't know that.

Whatever they answer with in this discussion will have no proof behind it, but it'll be the answer we're all expecting...no.

And then a nice little closed thread added to your discussion.
  • Options
    Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    In before it’s shut down. I think it does. I think the fact it’s not discussed at all speaks to that. The stats have to be there.
  • Options
    You think a game like cookie clicker is up to my speed? I’ll have you know since I’ve been back it’s taken me only two weeks to complete all of act 5, all events that have been published, 100%ing everything, be quiet child.
  • Options
    I know that it takes time, I’ve been playing for a long time, but I recently came back to the game and I just feel like there’s not even a chance at getting anything for me, close to 100 arena crystals with no units? That’s insane to me
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,292 ★★★★★
    Units come and go. That's the thing about RNG. It's random. I've spent enough money to know. My drops are just the same as everyone else. When they're good, I'm grateful because the majority are not what I'm going for.
  • Options
    DadouSanDadouSan Posts: 35
    As a FTP player I have almost all the god tiers (in 4*).
    According to the Seatin ranking I have 6 out of 9 God Tier. + some really good demi god.
    But only 6 out of 14 meh Tier.

And even if I'm really unlucky on my 2-4 crystal opening (forgot the name in English), I don't feel the game is ripped for FTP players.
  • Options
    uLqui0rauLqui0ra Posts: 76
    Spend money=100% good champion.
  • Options
    Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Seems unnecessary to me. It is additional work to have an additional set of algorithm just for players who are not spending.

Plus, by having two sets of algorithm in secret, they won't be able to encourage spending, since players won't know that they can get better luck by spending.

Paying players look like they have better luck simply due to the higher amount of crystals that they open. An F2P opens 100 PHC within 3 weeks and get one 4 star, while a paying player gets 500 PHC within 3 weeks and get five 4 stars. Same luck, same odds, but because players only advertise their good pulls and not the mediocre ones, it seems that the paying player has better luck.

Simple as that.