**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is War Machine Immune to Armor Break Post Buff?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
edited July 2021 in Bugs and Known Issues

I was exploring 6.3 and noticed after clearing that War Machine was the only fight in which armor breaks didn't remove the Armor Up. Sentinel, Vision OG, Doc Oc etc ... Aarkus' armor breaks removed the armor up buff as intended but not against War Machine.

I read the abilities and didn't read anything about resistance or immunity so what am I missing?

Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on

Comments

• Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    what are the nodes?
  • Options

what are the nodes?

Unblockable when Defender has Armor Up Buff
  • Options

what are the nodes?

Is that it? He's not immune to armor break as per abilities and the fact that the armor break debuffs are on WM in the pic. So there must be some interaction with the removal of armor up buff.
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Ah yes... This stupid path. I tried Aarkus and Doom with Mister f synergy on this dude, but ended up ghosting him with wasp synergy. The node that gives them an Armor buff would keep re-triggering and giving him unblockable SP 1. Those ruptures are pretty much instakill.
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

Ah yes... This stupid path. I tried Aarkus and Doom with Mister f synergy on this dude, but ended up ghosting him with wasp synergy. The node that gives them an Armor buff would keep re-triggering and giving him unblockable SP 1. Those ruptures are pretty much instakill.

LOL so it wasn't just me ... I was like WTF is going on here ... it's definitely not working as intended.
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

LOL so it wasn't just me ... I was like WTF is going on here ... it's definitely not working as intended.
    which quest?
  • Options

what are the nodes?

Is that it? He's not immune to armor break as per abilities and the fact that the armor break debuffs are on WM in the pic. So there must be some interaction with the removal of armor up buff.
    Yep that's it the only node ... which is why I'm so confused lol
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

which quest?
    6.3.3 that Armor Path
  • Options

There was a post a few days ago with a War Machine guy saying that he should be since his whole kit is based around it but once he looses it it doesnt even re-trigger like Warlocks etc so he definitely isn't immune

It's probably some hidden ability accuracy immunity or what not ... who knows lol .... it was right annoying though until I just decided to use a revive and push through it.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

There was a post a few days ago with a War Machine guy saying that he should be since his whole kit is based around it but once he looses it it doesnt even re-trigger like Warlocks etc so he definitely isn't immune

I think it doesnt return if it is nullified? I skimmed that thread because i dont use War Machine and dont see myself ever using him much.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Because of the node, the armor comes back after it’s broken, so you would need to keep applying armor breaks or armor shatter him
  • Options

Because of the node, the armor comes back after it’s broken, so you would need to keep applying armor breaks or armor shatter him

but that's not the issue ... it doesn't go away to begin with as per the screenshot. you'd catch it randomly for a second disappear but 99% of the time, the armor breaks did not remove the armor up.
  • Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

I think it doesnt return if it is nullified? I skimmed that thread because i dont use War Machine and dont see myself ever using him much.
    I think it was both..

@Jhaegar seems like your kinda thread, war machine guy. Maybe you know whats going on
  • Options
    JhaegarJhaegar Posts: 4

I think it was both..

@Jhaegar seems like your kinda thread, war machine guy. Maybe you know whats going on
    Yeah that’s pretty strange. As far as I have been able to tell it never returns if removed by anything, armor break or nullify. I assume that this interaction is just probably a bug between how the armor from the node interacts with his abilities since he has no way to prevent the armor from being removed on his own. Very strange!
  • Options
    Hey there, we can pass this on to the rest of the team to take a look at, but if you happen to have any video of this happening, feel free to post it and we can pass it along as well.
  • Options

Hey there, we can pass this on to the rest of the team to take a look at, but if you happen to have any video of this happening, feel free to post it and we can pass it along as well.

https://youtu.be/WCNSr2MJiow