**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

sig stones usage

So around last week i pulled 5 star Sunspot, and decided to make him my first rank 5, did that today, and then, awakened him from a basic! Does he need high sig?

Comments

• Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    He get's some incremental benefit as sig increases, but it isn't critical to his kit.

There's mutants who need those sig stones far more like ProfX, Archangel, Omega Red, Colossus and Namor.

• zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115
    _hbtygbty423_, you are in a really fortunate position.

Most often the tough choice is whether or not to Awaken Susnpot, but yours is already Awakened. :)

Sunspot gains more "Solar Charges" as you put more Sigs into him. He gets around 1 extra Solar Charge per 5 Sig Stones given to him. So you can just put any number of Sigs you want in, and he'll get more of those Solar Charges.

My suggestion is to try playing Sunspot without adding Sigs, and get a feel how comfortable you are with his Solar Charge numbers. And see how much you'd like to have more Solar Charges. Solar Charges for the most part just let you play Sunspots builidup game longer without either having to refill Solar Charges (with an SP3) or without running out of Charges and dropping his buildup.

In addition, Sunspot has a very high Prestige. So if Prestige is important to you, then that's another reason to consider adding Sigs to him.

And, Sunspot actually has 5 synergies where the power level of the synergy is based on Sunspots Sig level. So look those over and see if those are synergies you think will be really helpful for you.

I think Xguard77 sums it up very nicely. There are real benefits to Sunspot getting Sigs. But there are also a lot of great Mutants that might be even more powered by those Sigs. Or, if they are generic Sig Stones, there are also a lot of great other Champions across all classes, that might be even more powered by those Sigs.
  • _hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
    thanks a lot!
    i havent actually got any other 5 star mutants
    so believe i should invest
    a bit
  • Doovid12Doovid12 Posts: 83
    How many sigs do you have for him?
  • Doovid12Doovid12 Posts: 83
    Also, I'd say it depends on the rest of your roster
    i have a 5 star awakened blade, and then the rest which are unawakened include, mole man, cmm, magik, medusa, ebony maw, heimdall, star lord, guillotine 2099, symbiote supreme, superior iron man, groot, agent venom, taskmaster, sentry and a few others
  • zaspacerzaspacer Posts: 115

i have a 5 star awakened blade, and then the rest which are unawakened include, mole man, cmm, magik, medusa, ebony maw, heimdall, star lord, guillotine 2099, symbiote supreme, superior iron man, groot, agent venom, taskmaster, sentry and a few others

Are they Class or Generic Sig Stones?

If they are Generic, then you might want to hold off on using them. It really depends on you figuring out which Champions you like playing and that have a playstyle that you can get the most out of them.

I really like my Sunspot, but unfortunately I am just not good at reliably getting Parry when I can't predict the timing of the opponents attack. I just end up eating a combo to the face. So I don't use him as much currently. And while I know some people don't love CMM, I really like her and do well with her. So for me, I would put Sigs into CMM over Sunspot. But many others would do the opposite. And Sunspot with that Perfect Block Parry, ability to Parry anything but an SP3, that high damage, etc. can be a powerhouse.

I really suggest you figuring out what Champions and teams really get things done for you and that you like to use. Then start making the investments in them to get them really good. The best way for me to really get a feel for a character is to watch a few tutorials, then start farming Health Potions in Realm Of Legends Winter Soldier and Captain Marvel fights.

I don't know how good you already are with Sunpot, but in case you're still new to him, here are some sources to learn from:
    * youtuber "Jason Voorhees【MCOC】" has a very good youtube Sunspot tutorial on yourtube ("How to use Sunspot |Abilities breakdown| Marvel Contest of Champions").
    * Seatin (youtube: "Seatin Man of Legends") has very gameplay with Sunspot.
    * Brian Grant (youtube: "ContestChampion") has some great video gameplay with him learning Sunspot on his free-to-play account (he get him as a 4-Star on Day 2 of his 2020 New Account Challenge, so you can learn along with him in the video)(you can go to 7:31:42 in the "Day 2 - New Account Challenge | Marvel Contest of Champions Live Stream" video to watch him get Sunspot and then start to play and learn from him, then use him to get Uncollected and also do a Summoners Challenge [just watch the Day 3, etc. videos to follow that along])
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Based on your comments throughout this thread I would suggest putting your mutant sig stones but not the generics into sunspot. It seems like you really like him and since you don’t have any other mutants that pressingly need sig stones, he’s a good option.
    yes, 34 of them are mutant so i will do that thanks all!
  • WeaponXBrute_47WeaponXBrute_47 Posts: 48
    If u really want the benefit of his dupe.....then u might want to sig him up.....