**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery update?

N1nthcloudN1nthcloud Posts: 343 ★★★
Any idea, roadmap or hint how far out improvements for masterys are?
Like buildable presets or new masteries?

Im over here dreaming of the day this area of the game get improved.
Got any bones you could throw this way kabam?

Comments

• Options
    H700H700 Posts: 87
    If you want me to tell you a when then I guess when they finish buffing champions or maybe before.
  • Options
    SeraphSeraph Posts: 65
    Has there been any update regarding this. Just finished Abyss and the pain/expense of constantly swapping out masteries is real. I spent a considerable amount of units to unlock the masteries so why am I charged again whenever I want to make a change. I don't get charged to change my champ teams each time, I don't understand why masteries should be any different.

In effect it detracts from the enjoyment of the game as I create a suicides friendly team and that's all I play.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    It's in Kabam's interests to do this. I'm a full time suicide user, I avoid ranking up champs that are not suicide friendly. If I could switch masteries easily, I would consider ranking up far more champs.
  • Options

It's in Kabam's interests to do this. I'm a full time suicide user, I avoid ranking up champs that are not suicide friendly. If I could switch masteries easily, I would consider ranking up far more champs.

100% Agree, I'm in the same boat. Very early on in the game I recognised I wanted to regularly do Arena and that's lead me down the suicides path. This decision has a major impact on which champs I rank and use day to day, 85% of the champs in my roster just gather dust
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I believe on the last dev blog they put out, they said that mastery changes were coming 2022. I could be wrong though.
  • Options

I believe on the last dev blog they put out, they said that mastery changes were coming 2022. I could be wrong though.

I sort of feel that there are a number of issues with masteries and I can understand them taking longer to redesign what they do and the functions of them as that's a major change. The creation of "saved profiles" and/or removing the need to use units to change them surely can't be such a big job ?
  • Options
    TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    My Magic Crystal Ball of Dev-ination reports, "We know it's really wanted but we're not quite sure what we can , could, or should do."
  • Options
    Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    When and whatever is changed, guaranteed it will be broke.
  • Options

My Magic Crystal Ball of Dev-ination reports, "We know it's really wanted but we're not quite sure what we can , could, or should do."

1. Short Term - remove unit costs to allow players the freedom to enjoy all champs
    2. Medium Term - create saveable profiles as a quality of life change for point 1
    3. Long Term - overhaul the masteries in terms of what they do and how they function

:)
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    They haven’t given a date on when masteries 2.0 will be happening. I’m pretty sure a general idea of late 2021, early 2022 was given but everything is subject to change.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be opposed to them bundling the unit cost into the sigil for unlimited changes, I don't want them to lose out on their $$$'s
  • Options
    Thanks_D19Thanks_D19 Posts: 1,480 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    They will come when hood gets his buff… and when bases come… and when 1*s become more widely available….. so never
  • Options
    Monk1Monk1 Posts: 745 ★★★★
    Seraph said:

I wouldn't be opposed to them bundling the unit cost into the sigil for unlimited changes, I don't want them to lose out on their $$$'s

This is brilliant idea. Add some extra value to the Sigil and make it more attractive that just a few extra shards here and there
  • Options
    kpkumardtskpkumardts Posts: 120
    edited July 2021
    they said in the earlier roadmap it may arrive by end of 2021 or early 2022.