**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Summer of Pain Darkhawk fight

iPhone 12 IOS
I am not getting my steadfast charges during the fight consistently. Sometimes, they don’t show up at all. This isn’t supposed to be the “pain” in Summer of Pain.

Comments

• Options
    AmnetiesAmneties Posts: 43
    If you’re using magneto or are using the pacify mastery, ability accuracy reduction can prevent the buff from being triggered.
  • Options
    Dodg3r5rul3Dodg3r5rul3 Posts: 8

• Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Hmm. I also had this problem with Masacre. Idk if this is the actual problem but it didn’t seem to work unless I was using a full 5-combo each time
  • Options
    Just checked. Zero in pacify masteries.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,038 ★★★★★
    If you're using magneto then it's because of the AAR.
  • Options

Hmm. I also had this problem with Masacre. Idk if this is the actual problem but it didn’t seem to work unless I was using a full 5-combo each time

It's every 5 hits on the combo meter.
  • Options
    botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    Amneties said:

If you’re using magneto or are using the pacify mastery, ability accuracy reduction can prevent the buff from being triggered.

I had the same issue with Red Mags. However, since the node says that "every 5 hits on the combo meter," should pacify or AA reduction matter and instead just look at the combo meter exclusively?
  • Options
    I’ve seen the fight on YouTube with Magneto and it’s not happening with them. Hmm
  • Options
    Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★

Yeah supposedly. But if I did a 4-combo, my next hit didn’t do anything. And I don’t think it was the Pacify mastery since I was doing a backdraft.
  • Options
    ThePanThePan Posts: 9
    Either the wording is wrong or a poorly coded design or a bug. It doesn’t say anything in it about AAR in the description.
  • Options
    botonox03botonox03 Posts: 29
    ThePan said:

Either the wording is wrong or a poorly coded design or a bug. It doesn’t say anything in it about AAR in the description.

Who wants to take bets on "Bug"?
  • Options
    AmnetiesAmneties Posts: 43
    I’m guessing that this node is similar to the combo party node, and I did some testing around and found that AAR can prevent you from getting the cruelty buff.
  • Options
    ThePanThePan Posts: 9
    Zan0 said:

ThePan said:

That's just how AAR works. You can't just shut down abilities that don't benefit you.
    The wording in the node description indicates that it is based on the combo meter of the attacker and nothing else. For AAR to take affect that mean it is coded so that the defender is applying the buff/debuff to the attacker.
  • Options

Yeah supposedly. But if I did a 4-combo, my next hit didn’t do anything. And I don’t think it was the Pacify mastery since I was doing a backdraft.
    Who were you using. Here's me doing 2 hit combos or not full 5 hit combos and I gained 2 charges.
    https://youtu.be/X8r0trndBvQ
    100% not doubting you or anything, just curious to see what might be happening.
  • Options
    NameforforumNameforforum Posts: 25
    edited July 2021
    You keep stating that it's how AAR works, like many have in the past.. but that doesn't mean it's correct just because it works that way. There is no reason for that node to be darkhawk's ability and not an ability that is applied to your character as there are 100s of nodes that affect your character instead of the defender. There is zero ethical reason for the node that is supposedly benefiting you to be tied to the defender's ability accuracy. It's ridiculous, and everyone who plays this is so used to being abused that they defend absurd things like that. It's not a bug, but it most definitely is an unethical cash grab that they'll dazzle you in their defense by saying "It's because it works this way." If you buy into it, then you're part of the problem.
  • Options
    NameforforumNameforforum Posts: 25
    Zan0 said:

ThePan said:

Zan0 said:

ThePan said:

That's just how AAR works. You can't just shut down abilities that don't benefit you.
    The wording in the node description indicates that it is based on the combo meter of the attacker and nothing else. For AAR to take affect that mean it is coded so that the defender is applying the buff/debuff to the attacker.
    That's how all nodes in the game work. They act as an ability of the defender
    Do you even play this game? Of course they don't.
  • Options
    After watching more fights done with Magneto on YouTube, I can only figure out that it was the AAR and did end up getting the solo with Magneto but only by holding block to prevent the AI from throwing a special. Thanks for the input guys. Now for the robot challenge.
  • Options
    LeStMn92LeStMn92 Posts: 119

Masacre along with Magneto both lower Ability Accuracy, that along with pacify will bypass the steadfast. Pretty crappy, but it iswhat it is. Also it's 5 hits on your combo meter, self explanatory but if you get 4 then get hit you need another 5.

I had no issues with Warlock, Spiderham, Stark Spidey in trial runs, I did have issues. With Magneto/Masacre to trial them.
  • Options
    Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Posts: 306 ★★★
    Ya I went in with red mags immediately and on first run tried to do combos to gain charges and figured out it wasn’t going to work with is AAR reduction. Next run I just never held block and DH never threw a special. Built up to Sp3 and DONE. 😋
  • Options
    pyloves2eatpyloves2eat Posts: 9
    Had the same issue with Mags; thing is, the charges worked for the first time round but not subsequent rounds.