**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Science cavalier node

Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★
Am I missing soemthing? Is there a reason why Cap IW is not getting furies when paired with a skill champion. He purifies the poisons, but no furies?

Comments

• Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 903 ★★★
    He has always done that for me

You have to clear the poison via node or doesnt count.

Really sucks.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★
    You gain furies only if poisons are removed by dodging or with well timed block.. Purifying doesnt count though 'Vexing Blight' node reads 'removing' the poison effect.. Purifying should actually counted as removal.. Weird..
  • Kavya30Kavya30 Posts: 213 ★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Really sucks.

That’s why I don’t even use him anymore for the science quests. Void pretty much does the job along with Spider Ham and Rhulk as well. But I’m pretty sure if you don’t get a skill champ, cap works as intended with the node. Correct me if I’m wrong though
  • Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 634 ★★★
    Kavya30 said:

Denslo500 said:

Really sucks.

That’s why I don’t even use him anymore for the science quests. Void pretty much does the job along with Spider Ham and Rhulk as well. But I’m pretty sure if you don’t get a skill champ, cap works as intended with the node. Correct me if I’m wrong though
    Yeah, when I don't have kinetic shields, I get poison, and get furies
  • slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Glance that make Cap doesn't gain fury, it's reduce AAR and this node affect by it.
    Edit: I read your question wrong, sorry about that, like above, only dex and parry count.
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    Denslo500 said:

Really sucks.

Don't think that's true cause I always use Red Hulk for that Node and he gains a Fury Passive everytime his Purify activates...
    Unless his Purify is Unique due to the Changes they made when Apocalypse was released.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★

Denslo500 said:

Really sucks.

Don't think that's true cause I always use Red Hulk for that Node and he gains a Fury Passive everytime his Purify activates...
    Unless his Purify is Unique due to the Changes they made when Apocalypse was released.
    His purify is actually a "remove" effect.
    "Remove" normally happens when an effect is removed by an immunity activating.
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,739 ★★★★★
    1) if you have a skill champ on team, the debuffs will be purified for kinetic charges (1 debuff per charge)

2) CapIW can glance, so on parrying he purifies the debuffs, but doesnt get the furies
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,749 ★★★★★
    Yeah, that's super annoying. He should be awesome for that quest, but isn't. He's still a great champ who'll get the job done but not ideal by any means.

Luckily, I recently ranked up She-Hulk and iBom to deal with it and they both ace it. But CapIW is my OG 5* so it really irks me that I can't use him properly.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    As a global matter, I will say that the Cav class specific nodes used to be a lot of fun at the outset. The newest iterations aren’t nearly as much fun. This is but one example.

Dr. Zola
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

As a global matter, I will say that the Cav class specific nodes used to be a lot of fun at the outset. The newest iterations aren’t nearly as much fun. This is but one example.

Dr. Zola

Iabom, shehulk, mister F and some others make very easy work of it tho.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Iabom, shehulk, mister F and some others make very easy work of it tho.
    iBom is my main guy for this and much else. Just started the MrF/Shulk synergy and you’re right—it’s strong.

Dr. Zola
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I just ran that entire chapter with CAIW, Mr Fantastic, She Hulk and Luke Cage - they all shredded it. No skill on the team, Red Mags for the boss.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,182 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Cap worked for me, parry-heavy into sp2, repeat. Got furies just fine, at least when my parries were working.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 507 ★★★
    Cap works great for the cav eq, just dont take a skill champ with you and he wont purify the poisons.