**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Please help me understand the Summer event better.

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
I know there are posts and YouTube video's, but I still find it really confusing. If anyone who does understand the event or a Kabam person could explain it to me better, I have these questions:
1) How do I play this event? (I get daily weapons and beat enemies, is that the event?)
2) There are daily sunglasses, what do they do?
3) I can spend money on a deluxe pass, does it need constant refresh since it has a 7 next to it (weekly?)
4) What do I get for the deluxe pass?

Again sorry to bother anyone with this, I just actually don't understand the event.

Comments

• Options
    abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    edited July 2021
    1) Play the game like normal
    2) The Sunglasses gives the point needed to advance to the next milestone in Summ(on)er Camp/Resort.
    3) The "pass" gives you 7 days in advance. I'm not sure if each week you can keep boosting 7 days, or not. It seems like you will be able to, but I'm not sure if that was intended, or not.
    4) For the smaller one ($15 USD) you get access to the exact same milestones in the Summ(on)er Camp by what I've seen. For an extra $5 you can get a week's worth of rewards immediately.

Edit: The club is for the monthly side event, so not related
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,068 ★★★★★
    Ok ... let's see if I can help

1 - You choose to either to fight the Champion for rank up material or Hercules for shards; you do this by getting that club weapon looking thing; you can accumulate those if you want to play multiple times or do it daily

2 - Sunglasses are for the new Summer Camp/Appreciation Remix thing. Do those requirements to obtain the sunglasses to unlock stuff in your Solo Summer Camp milestone thing

3 - It doesn't refresh technically .. once you buy it, you essentially get double the rewards from Summer Camp

4 - See #3
  • Options
    abn86 said:

1) Play the game like normal
    2) The Sunglasses gives the point needed to advance to the next milestone in Summ(on)er Camp/Resort.
    3) The "pass" gives you 7 days in advance. I'm not sure if each week you can keep boosting 7 days, or not. It seems like you will be able to, but I'm not sure if that was intended, or not.
    4) For the smaller one ($15 USD) you get access to the exact same milestones in the Summ(on)er Camp by what I've seen. For an extra $5 you can get a week's worth of rewards immediately.

Edit: The club is for the monthly side event, so not related

Ah okay, thanks for the info dude/dudette.
  • Options
    LiquidkoldLiquidkold Posts: 192 ★★
    I think your helmet gotten broken too many times last week. LOL. If you get the pass you get to start from like further along so you get more rewards and you get an additional 14 items to get in the store. If you get the plus you get additional shards daily. You complete the daily challenge which will move you in the milestones. The sunglasses are what move you in the milestones. More sunglasses you earn the further you get. Basically sign on everyday and do 10 fights, collect the sunglasses, get your reward. Collect the items to purchases stuff, you will have to be smart on your selections because you have to open so many to unlock more things to get. Rich the Man made a Spread Sheet on discord to maximize your items to collect from the store. @RichTheMan made a video on it also. Good luck
  • Options

- Every day, you get an objective (Win 10 Fights). Doing the objective grants you Sunglasses, which are just a point in the Summer Camp Solo Event.
    - The Pass is a 1-time purchase, and it grants you access to the Summer Resort event. Here you earn extra rewards for the same work as the Summer Camp event.
    - You do not have to buy the Pass every week. If you bought the Pass Plus option, it just gives you the first 7 Days of Points right away.

Let me know if that answered your questions!

I am so honored to have the great Kabam Miike answer me. Thanks a lot for the information, I could possibly use a bit of a deluxe resort vacation ;)
  • Options

I think your helmet gotten broken too many times last week. LOL. If you get the pass you get to start from like further along so you get more rewards and you get an additional 14 items to get in the store. If you get the plus you get additional shards daily. You complete the daily challenge which will move you in the milestones. The sunglasses are what move you in the milestones. More sunglasses you earn the further you get. Basically sign on everyday and do 10 fights, collect the sunglasses, get your reward. Collect the items to purchases stuff, you will have to be smart on your selections because you have to open so many to unlock more things to get. Rich the Man made a Spread Sheet on discord to maximize your items to collect from the store. @RichTheMan made a video on it also. Good luck

Please don't break my helmet, I don't have many left :c
  • Options
    AanthoAantho Posts: 159

Can you give the link please?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★

- Every day, you get an objective (Win 10 Fights). Doing the objective grants you Sunglasses, which are just a point in the Summer Camp Solo Event.
    - The Pass is a 1-time purchase, and it grants you access to the Summer Resort event. Here you earn extra rewards for the same work as the Summer Camp event.
    - You do not have to buy the Pass every week. If you bought the Pass Plus option, it just gives you the first 7 Days of Points right away.

What else does the Pass Plus option do?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Siliyo said:

What else does the Pass Plus option do?
    The Pass Plus package basically contains two "things." It contains the same pass that the standard Resort Pass package does, which unlocks the Resort event (the Camp event is the free one). And it contains a virtual item that in effect gives you seven points toward both the Resort event and the Camp event milestones. As if you magically did seven days of objectives instantly. And as far as I'm aware, that's it.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,304 ★★★★★
    Does anybody know if you buy the pass after say a month, does it give rewards retroactively? Are you able to claim all the previous milestone rewards?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,671 Guardian
    Graves_3 said:

Does anybody know if you buy the pass after say a month, does it give rewards retroactively? Are you able to claim all the previous milestone rewards?

I believe so. I think Kabam confirmed this somewhere, but also when I look at my second account which does not have the resort pass, I see that I am making milestone progress in the Resort event - I just cannot claim the rewards (it shows "Pending"). So since you are making progress in the milestones whether you have the pass or not, the moment you buy the pass you should be able to claim all of the prior milestones you would have gotten had you had the pass from the start.