**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Attacker Tactics Buff Defender Tactics???

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
I don't see anyone talking about this, but why on earth did the change to the defender tactics counter the attacker tactics that were designed to counter the defender tactics? Isn't the whole point of the attacker tactic to benefit the attacker and not the defender? But now by placing those slow debuffs you can make the defender gain even more power? This is so bizarre and backwards that I honestly think this has to be a joke.

Comments

• Options
    Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    I keep thinking there is a typo somewhere in there but they have not mentioned it.
  • Options
    lol yeah just read it. feels like a typo for that reason...
  • Options
    FlavorFlaveFlavorFlave Posts: 89
    I agree, not only some of the best counters for untouchable defense tactic got a nerf but the attack tactic itself seems like it would benefit the defender more then the attacker?

I guess we will have to test it out in a few days to really understand.
  • Options
    WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Typhoon said:

i heard you like defender tactics, so i made your attacker tactics give defender tactics that tactically attack attacker tactics

Its SO weird lol. I just don't get it.
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,750 ★★★★★
    edited July 2021
    Werewrym said:

Typhoon said:

i heard you like defender tactics, so i made your attacker tactics give defender tactics that tactically attack attacker tactics

Its SO weird lol. I just don't get it.
    yes... kabam is peter on the surfboard and the community is paul rudd... do less... do more... do nothing.
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Yeah that seems really weird, it’s like it’s discouraging use of certain attackers rather than have the initial goal of encouraging non meta attackers
  • Options
    Jaymix79Jaymix79 Posts: 233 ★★★
    Maybe Kabam can provide some clarity on this today. A lot of questions still surround the new tactic to offset the attack tactic
  • Options
    Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 766 ★★★
    Did I miss something... or are these changes all going live as soon as war season starts, and there isn't even a "practice week". Unless I'm missing an announcement... this seems even more egregious than any of the changes that have been announced, as it will not give people either A: time to try, or B: Kabam to potentially retune before the season starts.

Either 1: delay the season a week for practice. 2: get the changes in a week earlier for practice, or 3: punt the changes an entire season, and then have a full off season of practice.
  • Options
    FlavorFlaveFlavorFlave Posts: 89

Did I miss something... or are these changes all going live as soon as war season starts, and there isn't even a "practice week". Unless I'm missing an announcement... this seems even more egregious than any of the changes that have been announced, as it will not give people either A: time to try, or B: Kabam to potentially retune before the season starts.

Either 1: delay the season a week for practice. 2: get the changes in a week earlier for practice, or 3: punt the changes an entire season, and then have a full off season of practice.

It goes live with the next war actually, but still doesn't make sense to have an attack tactic that hurts the attacker, or nerf the counters to untouchable defense tactic. There will really only be a handful of attackers that are useful and counter evade/miss.
  • Options
    Destroy4589Destroy4589 Posts: 261 ★★★
    Its a 10k IQ kabam play. You just don't get it /s