**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Let's talk Taskmaster

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
First of all, this is not about the movie Taskmaster. There will be no spoilers in this post regarding the movie!

So Taskmaster is a character I have always felt would be a prime update champion. There is a lot in his basekit that can be updated to make him a lot better, while also allowing for possibly some new stuff in his kit. Let's first look at what the character does:

His current kit:
-Decrease opponent OAA and increases your block proficency by 10% per unique attack from the opponent.
-Decrease opponent DAA by 10% for each unique attack you make.
-Every 10 seconds, if you stike the opponent with the last attack they used, deal burst damage.
-Reduce potency of debuffs by 10% for each debuff on him to a max of 100%
-Phase attacks for 1 second when using heavy after exploiting a weakness.
-Bleed/armour break on special attacks, deal more damage per debuff on the enemy.
-When awakend: place AA reducing debuffs on the opponent when exploiting a weakness each reducing AA by 12.5% (max sig)
-Reaching 5 of these debuffs will place a permanent debuff that removes the cooldown on exploit weakness.

The issue:
So the design they are going for with Taskmaster is simple: Attack with last used enemy attack and deal burst damage. However there are a lot of issues with his kit:
-After your first special Taskmaster's AA reduction on the opponent will be between 40% and 100% dependend on awakend ability.
-He only goes debuff immune after 10 debuffs.
-His heavy reach and miss duration are too short. If you use the heavy and the AI dashes back you miss and they hit into you.
-Lot of build up, weak pay off
-Synergy dependend (unblockable specials, power gain)

The fix:
Right now Taskmaster deals with debuffs in an ineffective way compared to most skill champs. He needs to be awakend to have a good way of reducing AA on the opponent, his damage is hard to build up due to the weak heavy and punishing timers and he needs synergies to make this buildup easier. So how do we fix him:
-Increase the numbers
-That's it....

Increasing the 10% per debuff to let's say....25% would make him way more reliable to stop debuff potency. Increasing base heavy reach or making the timer more forgiving would make for an easier build up resulting in more often having the high damage. Increasing the 10% DAA to 15% could go along way to help him in fights. These changes increase his damage, AA reduction, buildup and immunities.

TLDR: Increasing Taskmasters numbers by a bit could make both his damage aswell as his utility a lot more promosing. Without needing to add new stuff, although more is always welcomed.

Comments

• Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,376 ★★★★★
  • TrashyPandaTrashyPanda Posts: 1,574 ★★★★★
    I agree that he's a prime target for an update. Iconic. Looks cool. Interesting kit. Unique playstyle.

But I'm not looking forward to his buff. I expect a Ronin-type buff, where they overlook what was needed in favor of the easy yellow-number boost.

IMO, if a playstyle is unique, then the reward should be too. The payoff has to be worth the effort, and playstyle-related stress should be minimized if at all possible.
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Posts: 3,204 ★★★★★
    Hello goodbye
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★

I agree that he's a prime target for an update. Iconic. Looks cool. Interesting kit. Unique playstyle.

But I'm not looking forward to his buff. I expect a Ronin-type buff, where they overlook what was needed in favor of the easy yellow-number boost.

IMO, if a playstyle is unique, then the reward should be too. The payoff has to be worth the effort, and playstyle-related stress should be minimized if at all possible.

I think that Kabam overall has done a great job with buffing, sure there are some misses here and there. But I do have faith in them nailing this one. And If it turns out I was wrong, I atleast tried.